Author Topic: Why am I not an awesome pilot yet?  (Read 11578 times)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Re: Why am I not an awesome pilot yet?
« Reply #165 on: July 11, 2012, 11:37:11 AM »
Relying on a wingman is, I think, an easier way out.  I intend to do this on my own with the occasional help from nearby friendlies.   Others have, I intend to figure it out. Thank you though.   :salute

Then you're doing it wrong.  Flying with a wingman requires a totally different set of skills, and those skills only improve your overall capabilities.  I have no doubt that Fester wouldn't be what he is today without having winged with Kappa (and others) for years, and I would be half the pilot I was without the experience and enjoyment of winging with folks like Kitty, NathBDP, and Drex.

The best part is that you and your wingman can beat the crap out of each other 1v1 in the dueling arena, then you head to the MA and destroy legions of enemies together.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: July 11, 2012, 01:12:30 PM »
I got to wing up with blukitty last week. we litterally destroyed a small army of enemy airplanes just by flying in the same area with just a tiny bit of coordination. if it was two enemies easy 1v1 kills if they didnt double up... if they doubled or trippled up someone got two free kills while the other evaded the attacks of forced overshoots and killed some at the same time.

its fun to wing up with your friends online. making clutch shots on enemy planes that keeps your wingies flying and shooting planes off your tail is one of the most enjoyable parts of the game.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #167 on: July 11, 2012, 01:19:39 PM »
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

:rofl

Poor midway.... until he opens his mind and shuts his mouth.... he's forever stuck in 2 weeker territory
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 01:22:21 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: July 11, 2012, 01:21:19 PM »
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

:rofl

Push that button, Schuffler.... You know you want to!!  Go ahead, it won't hurt a bit!  :devil

Tell us... did you push it?  Did you?? :rofl
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 01:24:50 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #169 on: July 11, 2012, 01:22:34 PM »
Then you're doing it wrong.  Flying with a wingman requires a totally different set of skills, and those skills only improve your overall capabilities.  I have no doubt that Fester wouldn't be what he is today without having winged with Kappa (and others) for years, and I would be half the pilot I was without the experience and enjoyment of winging with folks like Kitty, NathBDP, and Drex.

The best part is that you and your wingman can beat the crap out of each other 1v1 in the dueling arena, then you head to the MA and destroy legions of enemies together.

Hey Dead, you ever talk to kitty anymore?

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #170 on: July 11, 2012, 01:29:07 PM »
Hey Dead, you ever talk to kitty anymore?

I haven't talked to her lately.  The last time I got an e-mail from her was maybe 4-5 years ago.  She'd gone to culinary school and was working as a soux chef out in California.  It seemed to me like she had really cleaned up her life, which was great to hear.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: July 11, 2012, 01:32:04 PM »
I haven't talked to her lately.  The last time I got an e-mail from her was maybe 4-5 years ago.  She'd gone to culinary school and was working as a soux chef out in California.  It seemed to me like she had really cleaned up her life, which was great to hear.

Saw her in the MA a few times in the last couple of weeks... she is an awesome good pilot.   :salute blukitty :rock
Leviathn in MA w/ blukitty soon? :x

I assume that's the kitty you are talking about?

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #172 on: July 11, 2012, 01:51:14 PM »
Saw her in the MA a few times in the last couple of weeks... she is an awesome good pilot.   :salute blukitty :rock
Leviathn in MA w/ blukitty soon? :x

I assume that's the kitty you are talking about?

No, it's not the same person. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: July 11, 2012, 01:53:01 PM »
No, it's not the same person.  

ack-ack

Oh ok.. nvm... Two female kittys.  Cool! :cool:

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #174 on: July 11, 2012, 03:35:29 PM »
please move the convo back to http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,335729.450.html as it covers basically the same thing this thread is redundant as the same material was coverd in linked thread
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: July 11, 2012, 03:39:01 PM »
erm....it's 'sous chef'.

don't mind me, keep talking...
now posting as SirNuke

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #176 on: July 11, 2012, 03:41:53 PM »
Sioux chef? :headscratch:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2012, 03:55:46 PM »
now posting as SirNuke

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #178 on: July 11, 2012, 03:56:35 PM »
I haven't talked to her lately.  The last time I got an e-mail from her was maybe 4-5 years ago.  She'd gone to culinary school and was working as a soux chef out in California.  It seemed to me like she had really cleaned up her life, which was great to hear.

Thats good to hear, lost contact with her a few years back.

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #179 on: July 11, 2012, 03:56:58 PM »
Sioux chef? :headscratch:
I think he's talking about getting some Indian food tonight  :rofl :bolt:
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"