Author Topic: Why am I not an awesome pilot yet?  (Read 10744 times)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: Why am I not an awesome pilot yet?
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2012, 12:46:31 PM »
I'm not sure you seek to be an awesome pilot as much as you seek notoriety, Midway.  While the former eludes you, the latter you have achieved in abundance.  Perhaps, having obtained what you truly desire, you're finding it difficult to accomplish what you claim to want.

+1  spot on assessment, also you claim to be able to down 95% of the players which i highly doubt, your only claim to fame is you're useless banter on 200 and now the BBS. Maybe someday you'll grow up but it's unlikely that day will come soon. The great pilots never seeks acceptance from the community, the community accepts them from how they carry themselves and without the look at me threads, it applies both in game and on the BBS, it's called Class.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2012, 12:47:34 PM »
Midway you must realize that what you smoke gives you dain bramage  :neener: :neener:
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2012, 01:02:59 PM »
I'm not sure you seek to be an awesome pilot as much as you seek notoriety, Midway.  While the former eludes you, the latter you have achieved in abundance.  Perhaps, having obtained what you truly desire, you're finding it difficult to accomplish what you claim to want.

To a fighter pilot hero, I must respond.  Thank you for your words of wisdom. :salute

The truth is, although interwebz appearances may lead to false other conclusions, I only seek to be a highly skilled pilot for the challenge and pride of the accomplishment and to occupy my time with something much more challenging than watching golf or football or watching grass grow, etc.   :angel:

I certainly do not seek notoriety, but only the occasional help from those of strong character and awesome skill and a good fight from many others.  I do enjoy truth and setting the record straight, ergo my desire to respond to insinuations, false information, and other nonsense... causing those whom I respond to often much grief.  :devil

Do I have an occasional moment(s) of weakness?  Yes... but I do want to be a man of peace (thru strength -- of character) and of awesome fighter pilot skills.  One day I hope to achieve the skills and character strength of true FPHs.  Until then I have to fight and learn to get there, an obviously long and difficult path.  

One day soon.... hopefully...

:salute Leviathn :rock although I know of your awesomeness only in a few films.  :frown:

Truth is truth and can not be denied.  :old:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Nurminen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2012, 01:06:55 PM »

;)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2012, 01:14:47 PM »
nice wall of text laking any content...à la bustr

you are clearly not listening and just want attention.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2012, 01:22:00 PM »
nice wall of text laking any content...à la bustr

you are clearly not listening and just want attention.

:old: So many insinuations and misinformations on the interwebz.

My sortie count far far exceeds, by at least a factor of 20, my post count.  :old:

:)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2012, 01:29:57 PM »
:old: So many insinuations and misinformations on the interwebz.

My sortie count far far exceeds, by at least a factor of 20, my post count.  :old:

:)

You are missing my point, you are asking for advice and will never follow it.
Therefore you are doomed to failure and will continue to suck, while giving a bad image to the people that actually meant their sound advice.

No insinuation there, I think its pretty direct. I'm disappointed in your behaviour.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 01:32:36 PM by Noir »
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2012, 01:33:01 PM »
You are missing my point, you are asking for advice and will never follow it.
Therefore you are doomed to failure and will continue to suck.

No insinuation there, I think its pretty direct.

Have followed and will continue to follow much advice, carefully chosen.  :old:

ergo my Spitfire fighting prowess one on one or two on one.  :old:

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2012, 01:34:58 PM »
ergo my Spitfire fighting prowess one on one or two on one.  :old:

You didn't read anything didn't you. Disappointed  :confused:
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2012, 01:38:06 PM »
You didn't read anything didn't you. Disappointed  :confused:

Read it all and am not online fighting right now, therefore responding to misinformation with truth.   :)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2012, 01:38:58 PM »
You didn't read anything didn't you. Disappointed  :confused:

He's missing the dock, the boat, and the ocean.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2012, 01:45:02 PM »
Midway = David Wales
shouldnt they find the same way?
AoM
City of ice

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2012, 01:46:12 PM »

And yet you continue to deny the truth.

Don't you recall posting a thread almost exactly like this last year?  The responses were largely the same: "Fly different aircraft.  Stay off 200.  Get out of your comfort zone.  Change what you are doing."  

The "reality" (that you clearly fail to see) is that you haven't done any of this.  

I even made some specific suggestions, and followed up with you few days later.  You told me you tried for one or two sorties, but then gave up.  You even tried not HO-ing for a while, after stating that you would change that tactic, but instead you changed your name so you could "HO without shame".  These actions don't represent "moments of weakness", Midway.  They represent on-going weakness with moments of good intentions (just claims of good intentions, really).  This is why the the community largely scoffs at a post like this from you.

What really seems to be holding you back is your lack of resolve (call it "strength of character") to stick with trying something different.  Only by trying something new will you reach the point of learning and improving.  In this sense you have to risk some failure in order to achieve real success.

Until your actions equate to your intentions, nothing will change.

I truly wish this would sink in for you, but it's been said to you literally a hundred times before.  My prediction is there will just be another post like this one again next year (provided you haven't burned out by then) to which nobody should reply, but instead just link to this thread.

Best of luck anyway.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 01:49:21 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2012, 02:02:35 PM »
What a bunch of suckers...   :lol
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2012, 02:04:52 PM »
And yet you continue to deny the truth.

Don't you recall posting a thread almost exactly like this last year?  The responses were largely the same: "Fly different aircraft.  Stay off 200.  Get out of your comfort zone.  Change what you are doing."  

The "reality" (that you clearly fail to see) is that you haven't done any of this.  

I even made some specific suggestions, and followed up with you few days later.  You told me you tried for one or two sorties, but then gave up.  You even tried not HO-ing for a while, after stating that you would change that tactic, but instead you changed your name so you could "HO without shame".  These actions don't represent "moments of weakness", Midway.  They represent on-going weakness with moments of good intentions (just claims of good intentions, really).  This is why the the community largely scoffs at a post like this from you.

What really seems to be holding you back is your lack of resolve (call it "strength of character") to stick with trying something different. Only by trying something new will you reach the point of learning and improving.  In this sense you have to risk some failure in order to achieve real success.

Until your actions equate to your intentions, nothing will change.

I truly wish this would sink in for you, but it's been said to you literally a hundred times before.  My prediction is there will just be another post like this one again next year (provided you haven't burned out by then) to which nobody should reply, but instead just link to this thread.

Best of luck anyway.

I am in the Spitfire, although do fly other aeroplanes on occasion (check my stats), primarily because my bestest FPH said it is good, and he knows what is good, and I am focusing on shooting and SA more than anything else right now.  SA of cons around me is holding me back the most and getting me shot down the most.  As the OP said, I see the secret and will focus on it more, to the extent I can.

I don't do everything everyone says or what the majority say, that would be sillier than my occasional silliness.

Instead I do what I believe to be right after listening to many but weighting the best pilots (FPHs) more heavily.

I thank you all for the various responses and filter out the best information, imho, for the strongest consideration.  

Nuff said. :cheers:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 02:08:10 PM by Midway »