Author Topic: Why am I not an awesome pilot yet?  (Read 10746 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why am I not an awesome pilot yet?
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2012, 02:06:51 PM »
Noir,

At least in the real world I make a living fom the content of my walls of text. The denizins of this mad house make an interesting narrow slice social melting pot. At least "PA"(pathalogical altruism) is not a problem with internet game players. Nor thankfully here is "PN"(pathalogical narcasissm) from what I've seen. Just normal healthy irritating narcacism.

Who would stop trying if no one responded. You gents just like him too much not to play, along with it passes the time of day. You might change to calling him "who" instead of Midway and some of the steam would leave his roll.

"Who" give these guys a break.........even Levi likes you if he has bothered to post. I hope all of this isn't becasue of idle hands while on the government git. That can be really boring and lonely.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2012, 02:13:56 PM »
Noir,

At least in the real world I make a living fom the content of my walls of text. The denizins of this mad house make an interesting narrow slice social melting pot. At least "PA"(pathalogical altruism) is not a problem with internet game players. Nor thankfully here is "PN"(pathalogical narcasissm) from what I've seen. Just normal healthy irritating narcacism.

Who would stop trying if no one responded. You gents just like him too much not to play, along with it passes the time of day. You might change to calling him "who" instead of Midway and some of the steam would leave his roll.

"Who" give these guys a break.........even Levi likes you if he has bothered to post. I hope all of this isn't becasue of idle hands while on the government git. That can be really boring and lonely.

It is not. :angel:

I thank you for your well developed response, but find it tough to ignore wrongs that need righting. :old:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 02:16:01 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2012, 02:25:35 PM »
even Levi likes you if he has bothered to post.

I don't dislike Midway.  I think he really enjoys drawing attention to himself though, and not necessarily in a healthy way.  Think about the players he considers "heroes."  None of them act like he does, nor did they ever act that way.  I can't think of any that did.

They all have something in common though - they are all very competitive, driven, and self-motivated.  The rest follows from that.

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2012, 02:31:30 PM »
I too like to point out "wrongs that need righting".

Like this:

I can down probably 95% of players 1 on 1 with skills learned so far, that is good. :aok

A totally false boast.  You are clearly trolling again with this one.  You really think you're in the top 5% of pilots in AH?

Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2012, 02:38:25 PM »
I too like to point out "wrongs that need righting".

Like this:

A totally false boast.  You are clearly trolling again with this one.  You really think you're in the top 5% of pilots in AH?

In my Spitfire, I believe it to be true, perhaps incorrectly.  Not intended as a boast.  :headscratch:

Just an opinion/approximation based on thousands of 1 on 1 encounters in the MA.  :angel:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 02:43:05 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2012, 02:40:53 PM »
The spitfire was there at the beginning of the war and there at the end <S>
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2012, 02:43:53 PM »
LOL I consider myself to be pretty good but I wouldn't even say I am in the top 5%, and Midway has trouble beating me Spit vs Mustang. Midway..you are pretty decent in the spit, but until you get out of that thing and start pushing your limits, youll always be stuck at your current level. Fly something else for a tour....just give it a try. NO spits for a month. I bet you'll learn a lot.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2012, 02:47:33 PM »
LOL I consider myself to be pretty good but I wouldn't even say I am in the top 5%, and Midway has trouble beating me Spit vs Mustang. Midway..you are pretty decent in the spit, but until you get out of that thing and start pushing your limits, youll always be stuck at your current level. Fly something else for a tour....just give it a try. NO spits for a month. I bet you'll learn a lot.

Did already about 18 months ago... F4Us... 2nd most kills in the F4U/1D one tour.  I can adapt to the weaknesses, compared to the mighty Spitfire, of other fighters, but want to solve my awareness problem of bad guys around me first.  

BigR is in the top 1% of active pony pilots, imho.  :old:

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2012, 02:50:13 PM »
Fly something else for a tour....just give it a try. NO spits for a month. I bet you'll learn a lot.

He won't.  He won't leave the Spitfire because it will force him to not to rely on the aircraft to do his fighting for him.  As far as skill goes, his actual skill level is probably about average with a basic understanding of ACM and as a result relies on the Spitfire to do most of the work to make up his shortcoming in his ACM abilities.  He won't leave the Spitfire because he'd have to rely on his own skill and not the plane.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2012, 02:57:18 PM »
Midway has far more stick time than me.
Midway lost 10/10 in 1v1.
Im anything but not good, could list at least 30 pilots who could get me 9-10/10.
I got a squad and a couple "friends". If he has any, rise your hands.
Im still a noone.
What are you talking about?
AoM
City of ice

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2012, 02:58:30 PM »
Just an opinion/approximation based on thousands of 1 on 1 encounters in the MA.  :angel:

So, just to clarify:  Your opinion is that you'd beat 19 out of 20 pilots in the MA in a Spitfire?
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2012, 03:01:18 PM »
Midway has far more stick time than me.
Midway lost 10/10 in 1v1.
Im anything but not good, could list at least 30 pilots who could get me 9-10/10.
I got a squad and a couple "friends". If he has any, rise your hands.
Im still a noone.
What are you talking about?

Maybe I should have said 10%... Regardless, am not too worried when encountering someone 1v1 in the MA in my Spitfire.  Am far more worried about being picked or ganged. That is the SA problem I will solve -- in due time.

Debrody, previous winner of KOTH, is in the top 5% of active MA pilots, imho. :old:

That 10/10 was many months ago.  :old:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:05:29 PM by Midway »

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2012, 03:09:19 PM »
That 10/10 happened when you could beat my 109 in a spit. As far as i can remember, from this March, my 109 survived every encounter against your spit8 and you visited the tower every time.
Koth doesnt matter, thats usually just a friendly fun game. Im faaar from the top 5%. Still, could repeat that 10/10 anytime, after any amount of beer. Take a try if you dare, after i return, ill be ready in 3 days.
Know your place, trollio.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:14:15 PM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2012, 03:12:53 PM »
why am i not an awesome pilot yet?

Your E management is terrible, its easy to gain angles on you.

You're a one trick pony midway. You yank your plane around as hard as you can and then spray long range to try to get a luck shot.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2012, 03:16:15 PM »
So, just to clarify:  Your opinion is that you'd beat 19 out of 20 pilots in the MA in a Spitfire?

When in my Spifire, and a bad guy comes along, alone, in whatever random aeroplane... I believe I will win the encounter roughly 95% of the time, maybe 90%.  The awesomeness of the mighty Spitfire certainly helping me.
Yes, that's my estimate. :headscratch:

But that is not important now.... SA and corresponding multiple bad guy's E states are important now.   :old:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:29:03 PM by Midway »