Author Topic: ok, dumb question.......  (Read 898 times)

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
ok, dumb question.......
« on: July 12, 2012, 10:25:52 AM »

i have read at least 100 threads in which someone rattles of a vehicle or plane or variation thereof of one currently in game and they always say "well its the same this or that as the one in game so modeling it should be simple, easy, fast etc etc"....

so here is my question, why dont some of you who know how to work with game modeling do just that in your spare time? people already do skins, maps scenarios etc for AH, so why not do some equipment as well?

pick a piee that you wanna see in game, use the equipment already in game and histoical research documentation to create it and then submit it to HTC. with most of the work already having been done for them, they could view it touch it up and/or tweak it to ensure correctness, playability and if they decide that they liked it either decide for themselves if it has merit and functionality in the game or put it to a player vote.

when it comes down to getting what you want its one thing to sit around wishing for stuff to appear, its another thing altogether to create it and then give HTC the working model. i think maybe you would start to see alot more pieces added in a much shorter span of time if those who knew how applied their efforts to this task.

buy the way.....in now way am i implying or suggesting that modeling these things are easy quick or simple, so do not take this as a belittlement or a lessoning of the skill and patience that is required to accomplish doing these things! but if you got the skill and the knowledge already and you love the game and want to see it grow, well then seed the ground and watch the garden bloom instead of sitting on the porch just watching it and feeling like it should be so much more, but isnt........

:airplane: :salute :airplane:
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: ok, dumb question.......
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 11:38:12 AM »
It's been suggested (and offered) before - and I believe the answer from HTC is that they will not ever allow players to create the models.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 11:51:35 AM »
I can't wait for my someone to pay me and do my work for me. What a sweet life that would be.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 12:24:59 PM »
It's been suggested (and offered) before - and I believe the answer from HTC is that they will not ever allow players to create the models.

well i guess that answers my question.....

I can't wait for my someone to pay me and do my work for me. What a sweet life that would be.

well lets see.....with everything else that they do in the course of the day just to keep the game running as is if i had a skill that i could volunteer that would aid in bettering the game for me, making my time a better experience, then i would do what i could with the understanding that i was doing it for a selfish motivation...namely my own enjoyment.

you sir strike me as one of those azzhats that couldn't be bothered to open his own hood for your mechanic or pour your own water for your waitress. everything is all about you and what others should do for you isn't it? if that is who you are that's fine....i don't have to live with you....
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 12:27:14 PM »
here it goes again  :rolleyes:
now posting as SirNuke

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 01:18:08 PM »
I think it's a bit more complicated than skins.

Skining was designed to allow the player a venue to participate just like maps, gunsights, sounds, and custom arenas. It was a choice by HTC to allow an opening to the public at those interfaces to the game.

The 3D modeling and physics of each vehical programticaly requires access to the HTC bread and butter applications. I suspect when HTC needs data to fill the 3D\physics modeling they already have libraries of that, parts from EBay, and an extensive network of professional contacts and sources they access similar to those used by warbird restorers.

How would we then be in the process loop that HTC uses to finalise what set of data will be the difinative for each vehical created for the game? Or do you want it to be like skins where the players submit the finished vehical and HTC in their spare time reviews it in piciune debuging detail to make sure there are no application mistakes or components divergent from the HTC game interface process? 

Are you asking HTC to give you or all of us a copy of their core 3D and Physics modeling applications along with training to use them in the HTC way of producing vehicals?

Or like the rest of us just want the next release with all the new vehicals and neat program updates released and are simply frustrated?

:bhead :joystick: :bhead :joystick: :bhead
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 01:27:10 PM »
Actually, it would take them longer to review a player-made model than to build one from scratch; HTC would have to make sure they are put together in such a way as to not break their game or introduce other oddities, and would adhere to their standards of design practices.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 07:34:31 AM »
Ask INK  :rofl :bolt:

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 08:30:34 AM »
one way to do this is for a bounty system.
players can donate any amount on an aircraft they like, and HTC can see w/c one is profitable/doable budget-wise as well.

more money for HTC = more happyness for players.  :salute

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 08:51:55 AM »
Put a tip jar in the home page.  :airplane:

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 08:54:00 AM »
Lets have Ink give Skuzzy a tattoo, maybe he can glance at HTC's PC and find the release dates.
JG 52

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 11:17:05 AM »
Lets have Ink give Skuzzy a tattoo, maybe he can glance at HTC's PC and find the release dates.
Funny
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 11:25:15 AM »
:rofl :aok

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 12:14:03 PM »
I think this was discussed and HT said if you want to buy the software used....VERY EXPENSIVE.....go ahead!  As far as quality control there could be tutorials written to assist a modeler.
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?