Author Topic: Looking for a HOTAS  (Read 1084 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Looking for a HOTAS
« on: July 14, 2012, 11:38:26 AM »
Hi all,

So I just finished building a PC, and if I say so myself, it is a work of art.  I spent ~$1400 on all new hardware/software (everything to include monitor, mouse, keyboard, power cables, ect..)  I started with nothing.  I went with an I7 2600K, ASRock Z77 Extreme4 MB, and a Radeon 6950 VC.  The monitor is an Asus 23" LCD 1080P monitor.  What a nice monitor!  Without a lot of tweaking, I scored 5779 with the PCMark7 Benchmark.  I am pleased with the PC - it is amazing.

Now that I have a PC that will easily handle AH. I am ready to get back in my trusty D11 and shoot down whatever crosses my path (LOL - I will be a target for a while).  But now I need a HOTAS. I have always been a CH Products fan, but uinfortunately I am having a hard time finding a stateside business that will ship a throttle/pedals/fighterstick to Germany.  Newegg certainly wouldn't.

What I would like to do is query the community to look for equipment.  I will buy your old equipment, piece by piece or altogether as a package, if you are willing.  I want decent/serviceable equipment, and will gladly pay a fair price to include shipping.  If we agree on a deal, I will send the money via paypal, or otherwise, prior to you shipping by USPS to my APO address. 

Regards,

ammo
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Looking for a HOTAS
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 02:56:28 PM »
Good to see you on the way back, sir!

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 08:23:49 AM »
But now I need a HOTAS. I have always been a CH Products fan, but uinfortunately I am having a hard time finding a stateside business that will ship a throttle/pedals/fighterstick to Germany.  Newegg certainly wouldn't.

Thats rediculous. Really? NewEgg isnt the only one out there an not even the best. Your a serviceman right? If you must have it sent to a family members adress and then have them send it to you. I still cant believe these places wont shop overseas. Here http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ they ship all over the world and I totally garuntee them.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 08:25:46 AM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 09:33:56 PM »
Thats rediculous. Really? NewEgg isnt the only one out there an not even the best. Your a serviceman right? If you must have it sent to a family members adress and then have them send it to you. I still cant believe these places wont shop overseas. Here http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ they ship all over the world and I totally garuntee them.

they wont ship overseas because it would cost more than in shipping than the hardware itself.  I am pretty sure there's a store somewhere near him that will sell the same stuff not like they only sell it in the usa.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 09:48:01 PM »
Hi all,

So I just finished building a PC, and if I say so myself, it is a work of art.  I spent ~$1400 on all new hardware/software (everything to include monitor, mouse, keyboard, power cables, ect..)  I started with nothing.  I went with an I7 2600K, ASRock Z77 Extreme4 MB, and a Radeon 6950 VC.  The monitor is an Asus 23" LCD 1080P monitor.  What a nice monitor!  Without a lot of tweaking, I scored 5779 with the PCMark7 Benchmark.  I am pleased with the PC - it is amazing.

Now that I have a PC that will easily handle AH. I am ready to get back in my trusty D11 and shoot down whatever crosses my path (LOL - I will be a target for a while).  But now I need a HOTAS. I have always been a CH Products fan, but uinfortunately I am having a hard time finding a stateside business that will ship a throttle/pedals/fighterstick to Germany.  Newegg certainly wouldn't.

What I would like to do is query the community to look for equipment.  I will buy your old equipment, piece by piece or altogether as a package, if you are willing.  I want decent/serviceable equipment, and will gladly pay a fair price to include shipping.  If we agree on a deal, I will send the money via paypal, or otherwise, prior to you shipping by USPS to my APO address. 

Regards,

ammo

Sounds like a great build, WTG!!!  :aok
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Pollock

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 10:31:32 PM »
ammo I have a ch fighter stick waiting for you PM me so we can figure out how to get it to you.  Do you have a relative in the USA I could send it to..  When you make it back the 56th is kind of disbanded I fly with the circus now, remember hajo and shamus ?

The invite is there ...

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 01:03:26 PM »
ammo I have a ch fighter stick waiting for you PM me so we can figure out how to get it to you.  Do you have a relative in the USA I could send it to..  When you make it back the 56th is kind of disbanded I fly with the circus now, remember hajo and shamus ?

The invite is there ...

Hey there Dave!  Hope all is well with you!

Shame about the 56th, but that's OK.  Maybe there is something we can do in the future.  For right now, I just want to get back in.

Very kind offer on the Fighter Stick.  I will happily pay you plus shipping.  It will have to go USPS.  A PM with my address is forthcoming, and I will need a paypal account or snail mail to send you the funds.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 04:08:31 PM »
 Ammo,

Have you looked into any thrustmaster gear? I know the parent company is based in France so it might be worth a look.

Another thought I had was to PM Lusche,he's in germany and may have some imformation and or help,I know he'd make a nice pie chart on your likely return! :devil

:salute

Offline Pollock

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 06:15:59 PM »
Hey there Dave!  Hope all is well with you!

Shame about the 56th, but that's OK.  Maybe there is something we can do in the future.  For right now, I just want to get back in.

Very kind offer on the Fighter Stick.  I will happily pay you plus shipping.  It will have to go USPS.  A PM with my address is forthcoming, and I will need a paypal account or snail mail to send you the funds.

shipping no problem you can PayPal me the money there is no charge for the stick however I got a lot of mileage from that 32 ingredient chili recipe you sent which I lost again.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 11:37:28 AM »
Ammo,

Have you looked into any thrustmaster gear? I know the parent company is based in France so it might be worth a look.

Another thought I had was to PM Lusche,he's in germany and may have some imformation and or help,I know he'd make a nice pie chart on your likely return! :devil

:salute

Thanks for the information Morfiend.  The truth is I haven't tried real hard to find the equipment on the local market - I don't want to spend Euros when the dollar is only worth .79 per Euro.  I can actually buy stuff mail order and its cheaper with the shipping included, well most of the time. 

Thanks again,

Ammo

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 11:43:44 AM »

shipping no problem you can PayPal me the money there is no charge for the stick however I got a lot of mileage from that 32 ingredient chili recipe you sent which I lost again.

Dave,

PM sent.  Chili Recipe is below - happy cooking!

•   2 pounds lean ground beef (substitute ground Bison for a different but damn good change of flavor)
•   2 pound bulk Italian sausage
•   4 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
•   2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
•   1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
•   1 large yellow onion, chopped
•   2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
•   10 red chile peppers, seeded and chopped
•   1 package Hormel Fresh Bacon Bits
•   4 cubes beef bouillon
•   12-16 ounces beer (pils, stout, Ale - all give a slightly different flavor)
•   1/2 cup chili powder
•   1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
•   1 tablespoon minced garlic
•   1 tablespoon dried oregano
•   2 teaspoons ground cumin
•   2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™)
•   1 teaspoon dried basil
•   1 teaspoon salt
•   1 teaspoon ground black pepper
•   1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
•   1 teaspoon paprika
•   1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions
1.   Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground chuck and sausage into the hot pan, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
2.   Pour in the chili beans, spicy chili beans, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Add the onion, celery, green and red bell peppers, chile peppers, bacon bits, bouillon, and beer. Season with chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin, hot pepper sauce, basil, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, and sugar. Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
3.   After 2 hours, taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder if necessary. The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste. Remove from heat and serve, or refrigerate, and serve the next day.
4.   To serve, ladle into bowls, and top with corn chips and shredded Cheddar cheese.