Author Topic: New patch!  (Read 4079 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: New patch!
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2012, 02:48:16 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :rock :banana: :joystick:

I think I may have soiled myself.... :noid
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2012, 02:48:58 PM »
Update is now DownLoading, files size is  50206376 .

Who will be the first to fly?
"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2012, 02:52:40 PM »
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY but it says 121 minutes to download :( any ideas how to make it download a bit faster? re-download the game from the site? Im so confused and impatient  :cry
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2012, 02:53:09 PM »
Added the Me 410.  Salute to cactuskooler for providing the default skin.  This multi-purpose aircraft can be loaded up with arguably the heaviest armament package in the game in its role as a bomber destroyer.  The tail gunner is unusual and operates 2 remote control barbettes using 3 different gunsights.  We've made each gunsight it's own separate gun position.  Jumping between the the different gunsights will give you full coverage of the entire field of fire.  Make sure that you use the "fire all" command instead of "fire primary" so that the guns always shoot when they're pointing at the aim point.

:O :O
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2012, 02:54:15 PM »
That was the LONGEST 5 minutes I had to endure...only to find ARENA CLOSED all down the list. :bhead :cry
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2012, 02:54:22 PM »
Added bomb bay, wheel brake, engine damage, parachute opening, and plane fire sounds.

Was about time :aok

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2012, 02:55:18 PM »

http://www.hitechcreations.com/

Version 2.27 Patch 6 to Version 2.28 Patch 0 (49 MB)

Version 2.28 Patch 0 Changes
======================
Updated the Windows icons for Aces High.  It looks different so remember this when you think your shortcut disappeared.

Updated the Ju 87D 3D model.  Salute to Greebo for providing the default skin.  The flight model did have some minor changes made, primarly in the altitude performance curve, but it is mostly the same as before.

Added the Ju 87G-2.  Again, thanks to Greebo for providing the default skin.  This tank killing variant features 2 37mm cannons firing high velocity tungsten core ammunition.  This ammunition has tremendous penetration capability for its caliber, but that capability falls off sharply past a 20 or 30 degree impact angle.  

Added the Me 410.  Salute to cactuskooler for providing the default skin.  This multi-purpose aircraft can be loaded up with arguably the heaviest armament package in the game in its role as a bomber destroyer.  The tail gunner is unusual and operates 2 remote control barbettes using 3 different gunsights.  We've made each gunsight it's own separate gun position.  Jumping between the the different gunsights will give you full coverage of the entire field of fire.  Make sure that you use the "fire all" command instead of "fire primary" so that the guns always shoot when they're pointing at the aim point.

Added environment map capability for skins.  This allows shiny aluminum planes to reflect their surroundings.  This feature is off by default and can be enabled in the advanced graphics options menu.  When enabling it, you can set the refresh rate on the environment map.  The faster you set it, the more frame rate it will cost.  If frame rate is an issue for you, you're going to want to leave it off.  Only the default skins for predominantly aluminum finished planes are currently set up for environment mapping.  Skinners will be able to update their skins with environment mapping using the skin viewer.

Added the ability to use "Staged Missions" online(formerly referred to as offline missions) using live players or AI as participants in custom and special event arenas.  Missions are uploaded through the terrain resource builder(terrmgr.exe) utility found with the terrain editor installation.  Missions are created using the offline mission editor.  Please note that this feature is currently in OPEN BETA and still under development. Further info and testing feedback will be on our message board.  For clarity, the previous online missions run in the arenas are now referred to as "Pickup Missions".

If you are have a disconnect or crash, your plane will be replaced by an AI drone for a 5 minute window.  The drone will not fight but will stay in a shallow climb on your last heading before disconnecting.  If you return to the arena within the 5 minute window and your plane was not shot down, it will automatically respawn your flight and replace the AI drone with your plane.  If you alt F4 to exit the game, it will continue to treat that as a plane crash.

The profanity filter will now echo back the offending text that triggered the filter.

The voice radio/room list box is now scrollable and resizable vertically.

Added bomb bay, wheel brake, engine damage, parachute opening, and plane fire sounds.

The .target command now have the heading and pitch of the target set in addition to the distance.  Type ".target" for the correct syntax usage.

Fixed an issue that could allow planes to hear the start/stop sounds of vehicles if they turned off their engine while flying overhead.

Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a lower detail level plane shape to load when you jumped to a drone as a gunner.

Fixed a bug where a message window could be moved completely off screen.

Fixed a bug that would the display an incorrect % of strat targets destroyed.

Fixed a bug in loading saved arena configurations that the state of some fields weren't immediately refreshed.

Fixed a bug that could cause a joined gunner to not initially see the drones of the pilot he's gunning for.

Fixed a sorting issue in the P-38's tail shadow.

P-40s were not getting bullet holes displayed on the canopy.

Fixed a glass sorting issue with the turrets of the B-24.

Fixed a wing damage glitch on the Storch.

Fixed a sorting issue on the Wirblewind shadow.

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2012, 02:55:49 PM »
Update is now DownLoading, files size is  50206376 .

Who will be the first to fly?

Who will be the first to score a kill with the 410 in the MA. That must bew recorded
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:57:44 PM by PanosGR »

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2012, 03:00:34 PM »
Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2012, 03:01:18 PM »
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2012, 03:04:29 PM »
Who will be the first to score a kill with the 410 in the MA. That must bew recorded

It will be a while... HOs don't count.
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Valen

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2012, 03:04:56 PM »
 :cry just when i quit the game
Smoke to the bone

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2012, 03:07:44 PM »

This is a neat bonus............... :aok

If you are have a disconnect or crash, your plane will be replaced by an AI drone for a 5 minute window.  The drone will not fight but will stay in a shallow climb on your last heading before disconnecting.  If you return to the arena within the 5 minute window and your plane was not shot down, it will automatically respawn your flight and replace the AI drone with your plane.  If you alt F4 to exit the game, it will continue to treat that as a plane crash.

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2012, 03:10:34 PM »
HA    Bish cant fly 410!

"Planes with ENY value of 26 or less are not available"

:bhead