Author Topic: Your setup  (Read 13876 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Your setup
« on: July 17, 2012, 12:30:31 PM »
Always curious how people have their systems setup - so here's mine -
To my left is a table for my old laptop to use as a coaster for my beers, to my right a trash can - in front my setup.
JG 52

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
Re: Your setup
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 02:49:00 PM »
My Current Setup:
- 40" Sony Bravia
- Hotas Warthog
- Cougar MFDs
- CH Pro Pedals
- Actual coaster to the left of my "Laptop", used for its intended purpose. :)

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 02:58:21 PM »
Nice setup PAND...how do you keep your Pedals from slipping all over the place? Mine slip all over the place unless i put them up against the wall. I am extremely violent with my rudders though.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 02:58:51 PM »
Nice setup PAND...how do you keep your Pedals from slipping all over the place? Mine slip all over the place unless i put them up against the wall. I am extremely violent with my rudders though.

I have a wooden floor, drilled pair of big 4 inch nails through it :)
JG 52

Online Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 03:00:09 PM »
I can never understand how you guys who have your elbows floating in the air can have ANY accuracy while flying.  My setup is similar to the OP's, I have the same setup, as well as a full CH setup, but I use the Saitek combat peds.  The big difference is, I have my monitor pushed right to the back of the desk and the throttle/stick forward about a foot and a half.  That way I can have my elbows wresting on the desk, or at least part of my forearm.  I try to explain it to people that it's like holding a pistol out in the air, or having in wrested on a sandbag.  My stick just about comes into contact with the monitor when it is in the top left position, and that's with the monitor about 2 feet from the edge of the front of the desk.  Try it, you'll see what I mean.

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 03:00:50 PM »
I have a wooden floor, drilled pair of big 4 inch nails through it :)

LOL...i would have a hard time drilling through my equipment, but that will certainly keep them in place.

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 03:06:12 PM »
I can never understand how you guys who have your elbows floating in the air can have ANY accuracy while flying.  My setup is similar to the OP's, I have the same setup, as well as a full CH setup, but I use the Saitek combat peds.  The big difference is, I have my monitor pushed right to the back of the desk and the throttle/stick forward about a foot and a half.  That way I can have my elbows wresting on the desk, or at least part of my forearm.  I try to explain it to people that it's like holding a pistol out in the air, or having in wrested on a sandbag.  My stick just about comes into contact with the monitor when it is in the top left position, and that's with the monitor about 2 feet from the edge of the front of the desk.  Try it, you'll see what I mean.

I dont rest my elbows on anything...mainly because I like to have my full range of motion available to me while flying. After a while, your muscles just get used to it. Pulling back on your stick is extremely hard to do with your elbows planted on the desk.

Offline Acidrain

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 03:26:09 PM »
My cutting edge Rig.... :banana:

--Tallywho

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 03:47:33 PM »

:salute

-BluBerry

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 04:13:55 PM »
All you and yer fancy clean desks! :P

Mine hasn't really changed since the last go around of this. Just a new case really. :)

Just have to scoot the mouse over, place stick down, and ready to die!
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 04:23:53 PM »
Mines changed a bit so I'll have to get a new picture soon, but I've added a second monitor to the right of the main one, used mainly for drawing/painting with my Wacom table that hides under a shelf for the new main monitor. The new one is a 24".

I rest my arms on the "arm rests" of my desk chair   :D and to keep my pedals from roaming around under the desk I have a number of pieces of velcro (the loop side) stuck to the bottom of them. The "loops" grab the rug very well and I have never torn them up while flying. When I had my simpit the floor was "vinyl" so I used both sides of the velcro strips to hold it on the floor. It worked well too.

Once I finish building the new computer I'll get newer pictures.

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 04:30:05 PM »
Here's mine,

HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 04:30:45 PM »
Here's mine,

(Image removed from quote.)

Damn that looks comfty as hell, I need a new chair :(

JG 52

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 04:53:48 PM »
Temporary setup

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 04:56:00 PM »
That looks a lot like the one of the 22 captains chairs I pulled out of all those vans nissan bought back in 1994.