Author Topic: The Skuzzmeister has spoken  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
The Skuzzmeister has spoken
« on: July 17, 2012, 02:31:44 PM »
New update in progress...might take an hour or so before arenas are back up due to its' size.

Yehhaaaaaaaa!

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
Re: The Skuzzmeister has spoken
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 02:32:20 PM »
 :x  :x  :x  :joystick:  :joystick:  :joystick:  :bolt:
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 02:42:00 PM »
I am always at work....GAAAAHHHH :bhead
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 02:42:41 PM »
 :cheers: :x
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 02:44:43 PM »
First time someone gets a kill a with the 50mm they get disco'ed HAHAH
JG 52

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 02:48:48 PM »
Here's the READ ME
Version 2.28 Patch 0 Changes
======================
Updated the Windows icons for Aces High.  It looks different so remember this when you think your shortcut disappeared.

Updated the Ju 87D 3D model.  Salute to Greebo for providing the default skin.  The flight model did have some minor changes made, primarly in the altitude performance curve, but it is mostly the same as before.

Added the Ju 87G-2.  Again, thanks to Greebo for providing the default skin.  This tank killing variant features 2 37mm cannons firing high velocity tungsten core ammunition.  This ammunition has tremendous penetration capability for its caliber, but that capability falls off sharply past a 20 or 30 degree impact angle. 

Added the Me 410.  Salute to cactuskooler for providing the default skin.  This multi-purpose aircraft can be loaded up with arguably the heaviest armament package in the game in its role as a bomber destroyer.  The tail gunner is unusual and operates 2 remote control barbettes using 3 different gunsights.  We've made each gunsight it's own separate gun position.  Jumping between the the different gunsights will give you full coverage of the entire field of fire.  Make sure that you use the "fire all" command instead of "fire primary" so that the guns always shoot when they're pointing at the aim point.

Added environment map capability for skins.  This allows shiny aluminum planes to reflect their surroundings.  This feature is off by default and can be enabled in the advanced graphics options menu.  When enabling it, you can set the refresh rate on the environment map.  The faster you set it, the more frame rate it will cost.  If frame rate is an issue for you, you're going to want to leave it off.  Only the default skins for predominantly aluminum finished planes are currently set up for environment mapping.  Skinners will be able to update their skins with environment mapping using the skin viewer.

Added the ability to use "Staged Missions" online(formerly referred to as offline missions) using live players or AI as participants in custom and special event arenas.  Missions are uploaded through the terrain resource builder(terrmgr.exe) utility found with the terrain editor installation.  Missions are created using the offline mission editor.  Please note that this feature is currently in OPEN BETA and still under development. Further info and testing feedback will be on our message board.  For clarity, the previous online missions run in the arenas are now referred to as "Pickup Missions".

If you are have a disconnect or crash, your plane will be replaced by an AI drone for a 5 minute window.  The drone will not fight but will stay in a shallow climb on your last heading before disconnecting.  If you return to the arena within the 5 minute window and your plane was not shot down, it will automatically respawn your flight and replace the AI drone with your plane.  If you alt F4 to exit the game, it will continue to treat that as a plane crash.

The profanity filter will now echo back the offending text that triggered the filter.

The voice radio/room list box is now scrollable and resizable vertically.

Added bomb bay, wheel brake, engine damage, parachute opening, and plane fire sounds.

The .target command now have the heading and pitch of the target set in addition to the distance.  Type ".target" for the correct syntax usage.

Fixed an issue that could allow planes to hear the start/stop sounds of vehicles if they turned off their engine while flying overhead.

Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a lower detail level plane shape to load when you jumped to a drone as a gunner.

Fixed a bug where a message window could be moved completely off screen.

Fixed a bug that would the display an incorrect % of strat targets destroyed.

Fixed a bug in loading saved arena configurations that the state of some fields weren't immediately refreshed.

Fixed a bug that could cause a joined gunner to not initially see the drones of the pilot he's gunning for.

Fixed a sorting issue in the P-38's tail shadow.

P-40s were not getting bullet holes displayed on the canopy.

Fixed a glass sorting issue with the turrets of the B-24.

Fixed a wing damage glitch on the Storch.

Fixed a sorting issue on the Wirblewind shadow.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 03:07:26 PM »
Christmas is here!
 :lol
Cant wait to test the 410 offline.

Me 410: a big disappointment.
it has absolutely nothing on the 110G
Cant get faster than 324 at sea level, not even with the lightest setup. Thats exactly the same as the 110G. Wasnt it supposed to reach like 337-340 (when light and clean)??
Turns much worse than the 190F8, even with the lightest setup (grab a chronometer and try it, 29 secs/circle). Thats even worse than a 262 ROFL! How is that??
At the end, Bruv was right, it will be nothing but a ho machine.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 03:26:56 PM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 03:29:01 PM »
The disco thing may be the single greatest thing HTC has ever added to the game :rock

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 03:40:34 PM »
I am always at work....GAAAAHHHH :bhead

Yep looks like your hard at it too!
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 03:43:01 PM »
Christmas is here!
 :lol
Cant wait to test the 410 offline.

Me 410: a big disappointment.
it has absolutely nothing on the 110G
Cant get faster than 324 at sea level, not even with the lightest setup. Thats exactly the same as the 110G. Wasnt it supposed to reach like 337-340 (when light and clean)??
Turns much worse than the 190F8, even with the lightest setup (grab a chronometer and try it, 29 secs/circle). Thats even worse than a 262 ROFL! How is that??
At the end, Bruv was right, it will be nothing but a ho machine.
the 410 is still new dont give your hopes up
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 04:16:13 PM »
At sea level, 50% fuel, lightest setup:

Bf110G-2, 34.9 minutes of fuel:
MIL: 311mph
WEP: 322mph
150 to 200mph MIL: 13.56 seconds
150 to 200mph WEP: 12.03 seconds
200 to 250mph MIL: 21.03 seconds
200 to 250mph WEP: 19.00 seconds

Me410, 38.7 minutes of fuel:
MIL: 315mph
WEP: 327mph
150 to 200mph MIL: 14.87 seconds
150 to 200mph WEP: 12.85 seconds
200 to 250mph MIL: 22.56 seconds
200 to 250mph WEP: 19.44 seconds
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 04:35:53 PM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 04:22:25 PM »
I'm really surprised that anyone actually ever thought the 410 was going to be anything else but a bomber hunter.  It is amazing that some people are comparing it to the 110 and 190F-8 in the ground attack role when first and foremost the 410 was a bomber killer.  yeah.. .it was pressed in to the ground attack role on the Ost Front, but that is a different ball of wax.  Turn radius?  Who cares, it is not a fighter. 

Some of you need to step back and reassess just what the 410 is vs what you want it to be.  damn.   :headscratch:
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 04:33:18 PM »
I'm really surprised that anyone actually ever thought the 410 was going to be anything else but a bomber hunter.  It is amazing that some people are comparing it to the 110 and 190F-8 in the ground attack role when first and foremost the 410 was a bomber killer.  yeah.. .it was pressed in to the ground attack role on the Ost Front, but that is a different ball of wax.  Turn radius?  Who cares, it is not a fighter. 

Some of you need to step back and reassess just what the 410 is vs what you want it to be.  damn.   :headscratch:

The Me410 was exactly what I was wanting, a heavily armed buff interceptor. When you consider what planes have the armament to intercept buffs at 20k - the list gets quite narrow above 15k, let alone catch and intercept.

JG 52

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 04:36:09 PM »
When you consider what planes have the armament to intercept buffs at 20k - the list gets quite narrow above 15k, let alone catch and intercept.

:confused:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 04:37:30 PM »
The Me410 was exactly what I was wanting, a heavily armed buff interceptor. When you consider what planes have the armament to intercept buffs at 20k - the list gets quite narrow above 15k, let alone catch and intercept.

They'll look really nice in screenshots with 364th FG Mustangs lighting them up before they get to the buffs :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters