Author Topic: Bombay Door Indicator  (Read 440 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Bombay Door Indicator
« on: July 19, 2012, 07:32:55 AM »
Wish the light that indicates that the bombay doors are open or closed, would work something like the lights for the landing gear.

Green-Doors Closed
Yellow-Doors In Transition
Red-Doors Open

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Bombay Door Indicator
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 08:39:14 AM »
I think they're either "open" or "closed". Only the animation makes it look like they transition. Isn't there already an indicator when you're in the bombsite, up in the corner with all the rest of the data? And isn't there already a light in the cockpit to indicate open or closed?

I admit I haven't been in a bomber for a while...
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 11:53:52 AM »
There is an indicator in the bombsite that tells you if it's open or closed.  Red is closed, Green is open. :)  And yes, once in a blue moon I forget about it and try to drop....on red. :bhead
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 06:57:43 PM »
There is an indicator in the bombsite that tells you if it's open or closed.  Red is closed, Green is open. :)  And yes, once in a blue moon I forget about it and try to drop....on red. :bhead

Agreed, I'm aware of the indication in the bomb site mode.  I'm talking about looking directly at the panel in the cockpit.  I Just think it'd be a nice little dress up to the game.
Hell, It'd even be neat to see the lights blink when something is in transition.  Little things like this add some realism to the game.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 02:21:55 PM »
Ah.  I wouldn't mind that one bit. :)  One thing I have taken note is, the moment you hit the door's key (to open of course), you can start dropping bombs right away.  I've done it a few times....makes me feel, for the lack of better words, dirty or wrong.  I wait until the doors are fully open now, and with the sound of them opening/closing, I'll know exactly when it's "safe" to drop. :x  If they were to model it to where, if you drop before your doors are fully open, then (depending on how far open the doors are) your bombs may strike your doors, damaging them, locking them in place, and/or taking them off.  If they were to add that into the model, then having the door's light indicating "In Transit" would make it more feasible to add.

I think (for B-17's) it was Red for Close, blinking for when they were opening/closing, and Green for open.  I can't remember if they blinked a different color to indicate opening/closing or if it just blinked Red...  Or I could just be outright wrong. :o
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 03:00:38 PM »
Ah.  I wouldn't mind that one bit. :)  One thing I have taken note is, the moment you hit the door's key (to open of course), you can start dropping bombs right away.  I've done it a few times....makes me feel, for the lack of better words, dirty or wrong.  I wait until the doors are fully open now, and with the sound of them opening/closing, I'll know exactly when it's "safe" to drop. :x  If they were to model it to where, if you drop before your doors are fully open, then (depending on how far open the doors are) your bombs may strike your doors, damaging them, locking them in place, and/or taking them off.  If they were to add that into the model, then having the door's light indicating "In Transit" would make it more feasible to add.

I think (for B-17's) it was Red for Close, blinking for when they were opening/closing, and Green for open.  I can't remember if they blinked a different color to indicate opening/closing or if it just blinked Red...  Or I could just be outright wrong. :o

TY, TY...  You're describing exactly what I'm wishing for.  Like I say, It's more for a little extra realism and I don't believe that it would tax anyone's video card too hard.

Coogan  :rock

*Edit*  I agree.  I try not to drop until my doors are fully open.  Should take damage IMO for that.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 03:02:50 PM by 100Coogn »
Game Id's:

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 03:04:41 PM »
I think they're either "open" or "closed". Only the animation makes it look like they transition. Isn't there already an indicator when you're in the bombsite, up in the corner with all the rest of the data? And isn't there already a light in the cockpit to indicate open or closed?

I admit I haven't been in a bomber for a while...

If they have an animation for the transition of the doors, couldn't a simple light be Incorporated as well.   :headscratch:

Coogan
Game Id's: