Author Topic: Frame rate hit  (Read 1665 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Frame rate hit
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2012, 12:05:30 AM »
That certainly would be up to you.  To run what you have set, you need both more video RAM and a faster GPU, if you have any anti-aliasing set in conjunction with bump mapping and/or environment mapping.

Just understand that the fastest video cards on the planet, at the moment, will take a pretty good performance hit when environment mapping is used in conjunction with anti-aliasing.

Ok. Tried everything you said with the hardware I have.
Weird deal. Seems the lower I put my settings. the worse it performed. I even tried setting everything at the lowest possible settings on everything and thats where I got the worst performance. While the setting I had seem to produce the best.
Skins enabled/disabled had no real effect also
Though i did turn off AA on the video card itself for the profile I had setup to run this game

At my standard settings i had before. the game runs flawlessly offline and in the training arena online. Its almost playable in the DA where I even managed to rack up a kill on a spit.

Going to the Ma's though is another story . Its about the same in early war as he DA. but as soon as I move to mid war the issues become more apparent And in the MA LW it becomes even more apparent.

Inasmuch as the same map is what the default offline practice, Mid war, and late war are all the same at this moment in time.
I'm guessing its having to do with the amount of players on?

Anyway. Dont know if this helps. Just figured I'd throw out there what Im seeing.
Im thinking if its a graphic problem hen it should effect all the maps regardless of online,offline. no?
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty