Author Topic: lancaster tail gunner  (Read 772 times)

Offline Dover

• Copper Member
lancaster tail gunner
« on: July 19, 2012, 05:39:06 PM »
there seems to be something wrong with it not sure if its all bombers or just the lanc

but i had a guy 200 back from me who wasn't moving at all so should have been a really easy kill

opened up and i watched as the animation showed my bullets fly right threw the aircraft with out hitting

a few would hit but when you open up on a guy that close their nose should be like a bright light from all the hits and it wasn't

ended up losing one plane all my tail guns and then a near by friendly shot him down for me

not claiming to be 999000 but when theres a guy with in 500 of me who isn't try to be evasive i can hit him

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: lancaster tail gunner
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 07:01:16 AM »
Did you watch the film for more clues?
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Dover

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 02:56:48 PM »
Did you watch the film for more clues?

i don't have enough free room on my computer to record every flight so i don't record any

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »
Rubber bullets you say?  Okay, don't take this one on my word.  I have always had problems, running with a marginal machine and connection to present the proper "environment" to effect my gunnery results satisfactorily.  The ONE THING that I HAVE noticed is that I DO get the RUBBER BULLET phenomenon when my computer is over tasked.  Also, don't forget about convergence and fire all options.  At D200 you should still be receiving hit sprites, but not close enough together to do consistent damage (with smaller caliber rounds).

This is how I try and balance my machine for gunnery purposes.  I make sure all my graphic sliders are to the right.  I have antialiasing and anisotropic filtering off.  I use a medium resolution ~512.  I disable other player's skin viewing and no ground clutter.  I use medium vis range (shift + F2 I believe).  I do not turn on any shadows.  I turn off reflections and the new Bump map.

Does this really effect my gunnery?  Well, try it for yourself.  I have heard, from those that know infinitely more than I do on how the game works, that all I am doing is effecting my framerate.   Well, assuming this is true, there must be hidden nuances between the reported (cntrl + I) framerates and what the game actually sees, because the end result IS, many more hit sprites (ala less rubber bullets) at comparable reported framerates.

:aok

Now here is where HTC   :angel:  has earned every penny of my subscription for over a decade.  I can film with the criteria above, and trick the filmviewer  :rock to see as much or all of the eyecandy that anyone else would like.  So, I get my performance in game w/ less bells and whistles, and my films can contain just as much detail and shows off all of the contributor's fine artwork.   :cheers:

Anyone else, confirm my marginal machine experience, or is my computer a witch?

Offline Dover

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 08:02:10 PM »
valid point chilli

but its not a under performed computer my is just fine i just have a 300 gb hard drive that is partitioned and both of those are full of programs or work or school stuff honestly most of it is programs i run for work and school you get enough of those and they really take up a ton of space

then i have a extra internal instead of a cd drive thats 500gb and its about half full with the saved files from those programs or honestly i got alot of real movie on there too something like 50. ehh i just don't want to fill up on a bunch of videos i'll rarely if ever use.

over all this game works great and i hardly ever have a problem with how it functions aside from ENY system (totaly different subject though) and the problems i do have don't take much to take care of other than fixing some of my own software

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 08:17:37 PM »
Remember, bomber guns are set and unchangeable to 500.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Dover

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 05:49:35 PM »
Remember, bomber guns are set and unchangeable to 500.

yeah i know thats another complaint i have though where if real gunners where fireing there should be no convergence or it should be set or adjustable by the person firing at least

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 08:37:18 PM »
valid point chilli

but its not a under performed computer {snip}

Every computer ever built is under performer in certain circumstances.  I don't claim to understand all the bottlenecks and resource hogs, but I know that AH does a good job of balancing new and old computers.  Basically, over 10 years playing and only once in that time have I needed to upgrade in order to play.  Even then the upgrade was only due to the fact that the architecture of that computer did not allow a new generation of graphics card.

If you think that you should be making damage and your are not, then try what I suggested with sliders and graphics card settings.  If you don't see immediate improvement then most likely there is a gunnery / convergence issue.

The only other area that does concern me is the type and quality of connection.  The internet does loose packets.  The only real rubber bullet = lost packets.  This is what I have gathered from various discussions on the forums. 

I hope that the above is helpful.  Just remember no matter how great your machine is, I doubt that it can handle all of the options full out that AH has.  That is why they have done an awesome job of providing sliders and settings to make adjustments.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 11:05:49 PM »
i don't have enough free room on my computer to record every flight so i don't record any

You barely need any room if you do it this way:

Under preferences for flight, check auto record sorties.  Then whenever you start a sortie it is automatically recorded.

When the sortie ends, you will get a prompt to either save or cancel the film.  Hit cancel if nothing worth reviewing occurred during the sortie.  No diskspace used.

If you click save at the end of a sortie because there is something you want to review, name it something and review your film later, deleting the film if not worth saving after reviewing it.

99% of the time I hit cancel using zero disk space, but the option is always there for me to save ithe film.

Of the films I do save, I delete 99% of them after reviewing it having learned what happened.

I think I have maybe 10 films saved from tens of thousands of sorties.

I probably review one film every three or four days and never use any material amount of diskspace, but can review film of all sorties with questions if I choose to.

:salute

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Dover

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 11:50:07 PM »
You barely need any room if you do it this way:

Under preferences for flight, check auto record sorties.  Then whenever you start a sortie it is automatically recorded.

When the sortie ends, you will get a prompt to either save or cancel the film.  Hit cancel if nothing worth reviewing occurred during the sortie.  No diskspace used.

If you click save at the end of a sortie because there is something you want to review, name it something and review your film later, deleting the film if not worth saving after reviewing it.

99% of the time I hit cancel using zero disk space, but the option is always there for me to save ithe film.

Of the films I do save, I delete 99% of them after reviewing it having learned what happened.

I think I have maybe 10 films saved from tens of thousands of sorties.

I probably review one film every three or four days and never use any material amount of diskspace, but can review film of all sorties with questions if I choose to.

:salute

didn't even know that happened last time which was well several years ago i had auto on it just recorded them and yo had to manually delete them with that option its worth doing had no clue they added that