Author Topic: Shooting at Dark Knight Rises in Denver  (Read 2615 times)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Re: Shooting at Dark Knight Rises in Denver
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2012, 04:06:25 PM »
See Rule #2

« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 05:05:45 PM by GScholz »
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2012, 04:13:08 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:23:39 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2012, 04:25:31 PM »
Apparently the warning was not enough.  Let's try this.

Any attempts to make this thread about gun control will result in a permanent ban from these forums.

This event is a tragedy and will be dealt with in a respectful and tasteful manner.  If you cannot abide by that, then you need to remove yourself from this thread or you will be removed from these forums.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:27:24 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2012, 04:25:47 PM »

annnnnd one final edit after seeing skuzzys above post. i ain't taking the chance.

sorry dude......
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:27:22 PM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2012, 04:28:10 PM »
Apparently the warning was not enough.  Let's try this.

Any attempts to make this thread about gun control will result in a permanent ban from these forums.

This event is a tragedy and will be dealt with in a respectful and tasteful manner.  If you cannot abide by that, then you need to remove yourself from this thread or you will be removed from these forums.

Thank you.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2012, 05:05:54 PM »
See Rule #2

I'll show more restraint in the future.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2012, 05:23:48 PM »
Just wanted to add an item regarding metal detectors. They would not have done a bit of good had the theater been equipped prior to the shooting. Report this afternoon was that he bought a ticket went into the theater then after the movie started exited, propping open the exit door. Then went to his car in the rear of the theater suited up and went back inside via the exit he propped open.

Obviously premeditated and planned. I have mixed feelings about him being taken alive.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2012, 05:31:54 PM »
Just wanted to add an item regarding metal detectors. They would not have done a bit of good had the theater been equipped prior to the shooting. Report this afternoon was that he bought a ticket went into the theater then after the movie started exited, propping open the exit door. Then went to his car in the rear of the theater suited up and went back inside via the exit he propped open.

Obviously premeditated and planned. I have mixed feelings about him being taken alive.

that's odd? was it an emergency exit? those generally set off fire alarms automatically......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2012, 06:13:53 PM »
Well you know the media. :eek: Was probably a side exit door.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2012, 06:26:31 PM »
I spent the day talking to the one individual that can stop this kind of stuff. Importunately weve chased him out of our schools, our homes, our Lives. We used to be "One Nation Under" him and instead became, "Many little nations without" him. It wasnt always like that. When I was a kid just about every child was raised in a House of Worship and the #1 Lesson learned was that nothing was more precious then innocent human Life. Life that can only be taken in defense of innocent life. Along with that abortion was almost unknown, served when the Nation called, parents found a way to respect their vow's, children grew up in extended families, and everything wasnt always Me,Me,Me,Me!

We grew up in safe neighborhoods, people respected and helped law Enforcement, watched out for their neighbors and neighbors kids, fathers would go out at 0300 hrs in Jan. to help Firemen put away hoses, TV shows and movies weren't drenched in gratuitous blood, and we didnt spend Sundays worshiping the almighty $100 bill. I only caught the tail end of this period, in the '60s. And since then have always thought since that maybe our parents, and parents before them, were simply better people then we are. And had more sense, more strength to simply do the right thing instead of turning every little thing into a National debate. They believed the life of the stranger next to them was as important as their own. Religion teaches you that.

I guess if anyone knew why people do this kind of thing nowdays maybe I should know. As terrible as it was its also a typical summer Weekend where I work. In 28 years Ive been eye to eye with many killers. I watched a guy shoot his two sons, and then himself, with his grandson watching. Locked up parents who murdered their little kids. Sons who strangled their mothers cause she wouldnt give them drug money. And so many innocents caught in gang crossfires I couldnt begin to count them. But to this day I have no clue 'why" they do it. If anything I probably know less then any of you cause I look in their eyes after and it befuddles me. Many times you look into those eyes and there just isnt a person inside them.

But I think I know why it "happens". I know this cause I remember a time when it didnt and the differences between then and now. Even many of these posts in this thread lack even a shred of humanity towards the victims and their families.

Im not going to get into a debate on anything here. In fact this is my last post on the matter. The whole thing leaves me feeling empty and maybe a little like a failure. It also brings back to many bad memories. Ones I'd like to forget. But I pray our almighty Father takes those innocent victims in his hands and helps heal their grieving families and friends.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2012, 06:42:59 PM »
So he was a meth head, or at least a complete idiot.  Too bad. 

"Metal Detectors" coming soon to a theater near you!

Well he went in the back entrance.
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2012, 06:44:47 PM »
that's odd? was it an emergency exit? those generally set off fire alarms automatically......

What?  Have you never gone out a rear exit of a movie theater?  You can do that at the ends of movies.  There is no handle on the other side but you can definitely go out.
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2012, 07:22:54 PM »
What?  Have you never gone out a rear exit of a movie theater?  You can do that at the ends of movies.  There is no handle on the other side but you can definitely go out.
ya know? now that you mention it, i seem to remember doing that. to be honest though, there's not been a movie that could get me into the theater in nearly 20 years. the star trek with capt. pike almost did it.........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2012, 07:29:58 PM »
Saw it on the windstream news fresh when it happened, but they didn't have much on the subject and did not have a death count, such a tragedy and not only that but the shooter seemed to be like the average guy who had stuff going for him in life...
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2012, 07:50:21 PM »
I have mixed feelings about him being taken alive.

I dont. hes young so his purgatory, on earth at least, will be decades long :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli