Author Topic: Shooting at Dark Knight Rises in Denver  (Read 2626 times)

Offline Buzzard7

• Nickel Member
Re: Shooting at Dark Knight Rises in Denver
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2012, 08:04:47 PM »
Psychotherapist friend of mine thinks someone might have missed a sign of his schizophrenia with a touch of psychosis. Only speculation but I would bet money on her diagnosis.

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2012, 08:12:39 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFuNDOQ3b-0&feature=player_embedded

tape from the dispatch through. Seen a couple comments about how they knew, maybe this will shed light. Being in EMS... I'm not sure what I would do.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2012, 09:58:16 PM »
I dont. hes young so his purgatory, on earth at least, will be decades long :aok

edited, 'cause this thread scares me.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2012, 10:13:09 PM »
that's odd? was it an emergency exit? those generally set off fire alarms automatically......

At a theater I used to work for the emergency exits led out to the parking lots. At the end of the movie we encouraged people to leave via the emergency exits so they got to their cars quicker and they didn't block the lobby which was full of people waiting for the next show. The emergency doors were connected to a small box in the concession stand which held lights indicating weather they were open or closed in each theater. However, the doors had to be closed tightly, even a slight crack with the door latched would trip the light so it became common to ignore them during busy times. Back then we only had to worry about people sneaking into a show though, not what happened here.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline cut67

• Nickel Member
      • 483 BG
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2012, 11:04:31 PM »
About 70 people have been shot is the final result I do believe.
The bombers give the boom and the fighters give the zoom

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2012, 01:28:46 AM »
People die. It happens. Sadly tragedies and people responsible for them, are just as inevitable.

However, that said, we can only mourn and reflect.

Our best course of action is to give the dead proper burials, serve justice upon the perpetrator and take precautions to reduce the chances of this happening again, however slight a reduction it is.

Pointless debating gets us nowhere, guns or not, this happens, and we must deal with it.

I'm not a religious man, but I will give what support I can for the victims of this dreadful event.

DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2012, 12:26:54 PM »
Curry1,
 Babies sleep alot. My wife and I took our daughter to a 10 pm movie when she was a few months old. Just because parents or parent has a baby does not mean they have to stay at home.

Also if our daughter happen to wake with hunger pains, my wife just happen to bring some food for our daughter with her  :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 01:37:33 PM by cattb »
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2012, 12:36:54 PM »
Maybe he went in earlier, duct taped the door striker like we used to do, and came back in.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2012, 01:44:29 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 06:21:34 AM by Skuzzy »
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2012, 01:19:02 PM »
It's human nature to think EVERY bad thing in life can somehow have blame affixed to it, and be prevented in the future. History will attest that isn't likely
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2012, 04:06:27 PM »
he went out the back door, prop it open then came back.  metal detectors woudnt have stopped him.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2012, 04:29:50 PM »
he went out the back door, prop it open then came back.  metal detectors woudnt have stopped him.

semp
Yet...in the near future, I bet every theater will have to get one
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2012, 04:40:46 PM »
+1. Not to get political, but I wouldnt be surprised if this turns into something like 9/11 as far as security goes. Not nearly as large scale, but especially in larger cities searches and the sorts will become the norm im sure.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2012, 04:44:15 PM »

And as a person that works in the movie theater business I can tell that this will destroy what's left the movie industry. Movie theaters already struggle to survive with high prices they have to pay for movies and rights. That $10 dollar ticket you pay for doesn't go to the theater, 90% of that goes the the distributor and movie studio, hence why concession prices are so high at theaters, that's their bread and butter. People are not going to come see a movie if they have to pass through airport security just to get in, and at the mom & pop theater I work for we don't have the money or staff to use those things.

This is a terrible, terrible tragedy, however, IMO the movie theater is not a fault in any way shape or form. I'm sick and tired of giving up freedom for fake safety.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2012, 05:24:44 PM »

Useless in this case... His weapons were stashed outside the theater in his car. Smuggling in two long arms in summer clothing would be an insurmountable problem. This nut job had everything outside. While the opening credits were running, he exited the emergency exit, rigged the latch to not latch (duck tape or a simple piece of cardboard will work), went to his car and got into his body armor. He then grabbed his weapons and smoke grenades and walked back in through the same, now unlocked door. Probably took him 20 minutes total. The depth of his planning is evident. This was not a momentary incidence of insanity. This evil bastige worked on this plan for months... Even if he was unable to get firearms, I have no doubt that he would have made and used IEDs as evidenced by his apartment. He really believes that he is the Joker...  Pity should not be expected.

Also, while you cannot legislate crazy, it's perfectly evident that our current popular culture contributed to his psychosis. Popular culture is teaching a generation that extreme violence is normal, and almost acceptable. Certainly, unavoidable. If we don't take stock of the prevailing culture and change it, things will only get worse, IMHO.

(edited typo)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 05:35:51 PM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.