Author Topic: lead computing gunsight  (Read 682 times)

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
lead computing gunsight
« on: July 21, 2012, 10:02:32 PM »
I'd appreciate the latest on where the practice "lead computing gunsight" can be used, and how to turn it on.  Thanks, MH

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: lead computing gunsight
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 10:12:14 PM »
From my 'search' I found:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,132625.0.html

You go into setup and arena settings and under Flight Mode Flags you enagle the Lead Computed Gunsight, I think I left out one step in the location processs though.
Hit 'Ctrl-tab' to enable Friendly lock and at that point 'tab' or 'Shft-tab' will highlight the target. 'Tab' to cycle through all targets in your view and 'Shft-tab' to highlight the centermost one. It brings up small green +'s that show the exact lead needed to hit the target. You have one + for primary and one for your secondary weapon.

It is enabled in the TA, for offline use read above.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 10:16:28 PM »
The lead computing gun sight can also be used in the TA. Like fuzeman said hit ctrl-tab you will see friendly lock enabled then hit tab until who ever you want to shoot at is highlighted.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 11:19:58 PM »
Thanks; I screwed around with it awhile and got it to work.  Unfortunately, I somehow turned on offline puffy ack in the process.  So my second question is...

MH

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 02:02:07 PM »
Thanks; I screwed around with it awhile and got it to work.  Unfortunately, I somehow turned on offline puffy ack in the process.  So my second question is...

MH

I don't think there is a way to turn puffy aaa off. You can lower it's lethality but say for example, around an enemy TG, puffy aaa will fire at you when above 3k alt.
Pretty sure it will also fire at you when around stategic facilities.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 06:37:31 PM »
If you're just flying around shooting drones switch to knights. That way you're flying for the same country and the AA wont shoot at you.
If you are doing an offline mission then you can turn the ack lethality down. It will still shoot at you it just does less damage.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17