Author Topic: COMBAT TRIM ADVICE NEEDED  (Read 1205 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: COMBAT TRIM ADVICE NEEDED
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 03:01:11 PM »
shiv bro,
CT(combat trim)....only adjusts to the plane's speed.... Not it's flap positions

But you are spot on about wanting to have or to want to be nose heavy..... That keeps the nose bounce
out of the equation

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 05:13:21 PM »
shiv bro,
CT(combat trim)....only adjusts to the plane's speed.... Not it's flap positions

But you are spot on about wanting to have or to want to be nose heavy..... That keeps the nose bounce
out of the equation

Hope this helps

TC

Doh. Thanks TC.  It's only concerned with speed. I don't think I really knew that.

It's one of the limitations of only flying one plane I guess. In practice, in an F4U, once the flaps are out and you're slowing down as a result, it's then when you can really see how combat trim tries to compensate, and you get the nose rising and the nose bounce if you're going for a shot. So I've been using the flap positions as a rough indicator of when I should go to manual trim, or in my case, switch to a preset down elevator trim. But yeah, CT is only adjusting for speed, regardless.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 06:45:20 PM »
BadBoy,
Now if you can tell me your in-game name so I don't accidently smack talk you too bad, that would be good... and create less shame for me. :D

:salute :rock

his game-id is the same as his bbs username

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC