Author Topic: What do u think of the guy who shoot's u in your chute?  (Read 1912 times)

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
What do u think of the guy who shoot's u in your chute?
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2001, 05:25:00 PM »
All I can say is, I hope the chute shooters show up at the con. I think I might and I'm sure we can find an alley somewheres so I can show ya how I REALLY feel. Bring your mouthpieces. Scum.

Sandman_SBM

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2001, 05:39:00 PM »
I rarely, if ever, shoot a chute. It's a waste of ammo. Fact is... the AAA shoot at the chutes also. Why not? It's a valid target.

It's irritating to get shot while in a chute, sure. Mainly because I'm already pissed off for getting knocked down and then the kick comes, but it's part of the game. I accept it.

Part of the appeal of shooting guns at each other is to simply vent and let off steam. If blasting a chute helps relieve some RL stress, by all means, go for it. It's far more socially acceptable then mowing down the patrons at the local MacDonalds.

Of course, if you overshoot and suffer decceleration trauma or fixate on my chute long enough for someone else to pop you, I will be smiling and questioning your intelligence.

cheers
sand

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2001, 05:43:00 PM »

Originally posted by Lizard3:
All I can say is, I hope the chute shooters show up at the con. I think I might and I'm sure we can find an alley somewheres so I can show ya how I REALLY feel. Bring your mouthpieces. Scum.

Hmmm...cant wait to see this one.  I believe the FDB's were at last year's con and I hope they will be there this year.    I will be selling tickets to this event.  

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2001, 06:03:00 PM »
hehehe, I'm sure at least half of us will be there, and I'll make sure Trimmer brings his make-up.  Nothing quite as demoralizing as getting your bellybutton kicked by a guy in drag!    

-edit-  If ya want Lizard, you can just send Milenko down to take care of me.  I can't guarantee I won't just bribe him with beer tho'!

[This message has been edited by SOB (edited 03-05-2001).]
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Graywolf

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.flibble.org/~tim
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2001, 06:03:00 PM »

Originally posted by Fatty:
People who shoot planes are jerks, end of story.

There is this oh so subtle diffence, the planes have the ability to shoot back...

Tough concept to grasp, I grant you...

Anyone want to pull the leg off this frog here?

------------------
Graywolfe <tim@flibble.org>

[This message has been edited by Graywolf (edited 03-05-2001).]

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2001, 06:33:00 PM »
you people act like the object is to disable the plane?! the object is to kill the enemy - planes are easily reproduced, skilled pilots arent - i will always do my simulated best for bishlandia and kill all pansies who didnt ride it to the ground

1. this is a simulated war

2. you are a simulated enemy

3. the object of war is to kill the enemy

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2001, 06:37:00 PM »
I gotta agree with Liztard3 on this one. Im going to whomp the toejam outta SOB this year if Ripsnort doesn't kill me first.

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2001, 06:38:00 PM »

sheesh guy - you should get a life! listen to yourself - you are threatening people who play a video game because your simulated pilot got chute - shot - is your ego that out of hand and fragile???? - can you imagine explaining that braindead logic to a judge -

"he shot my chute your honor wah wah!"
the people in the cell would laugh right before they squeak-slap you sad boy

also be careful what you wish for tough guy - some FDB's would have no qualms about meetin you in that alley - hope to see you at the con sonny

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2001, 06:40:00 PM »

Originally posted by mrfish:

3. the object of war is to kill the enemy

Ahhh... if only there was such a word as "kill" and "death" in a virtual war.

You don't kill anything, it's a piece of damned software.

Instead just to piss the other guy off you shoot at a pixelated rendition of a human body with a chute extending from his body that appears as if it's a limb because of it's solid shape.

You throw sportsmanship out of the window when you dive in to "kill" your pixelated opponent dangling from his pixelated "chute".

This is not a war, this is a game with objectives in it. There is no point other than to have fun, and you override that point when your intent is to deny the other person his fun.

Do you go to a basketball game and after winning the game run up to the other team and throw the basketball right into his face with the intent of breaking his nose?
-SW

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2001, 07:47:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKSeaWulfe:

Do you go to a basketball game and after winning the game run up to the other team and throw the basketball right into his face with the intent of breaking his nose?
-SW

do you play a simulated war game and then cry about getting killed?

to you it is a basketball game to me it is a simulated war - you play your way and i will play mine -

-besides take your own advice and dont worry about your pixelated character - he is getting shot not you, yet you take it personally -

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2001, 08:04:00 PM »
C47s aside Graywolf?  The point being you are shooting at graphics for enjoyment.  Lest we forget, the simulation is built around killing your enemy, strafing his troops, bombing his city, headquarters, and other quite domestic type facilities.

I know a lot here like to think of pilots as a chivalrous lot above the standing of a common soldier.  Welp, I don't.  When I play I am a common soldier who is constantly being attacked and bombed, and is is trying to kill you on the runway, in your city, and in your plane (before, after and during any supposed bailing).

Also some play for perk points or virtual life.  I play to make things explode, whatever those things might be (chutes make an excellent explosion with Mitsu's last set of sounds).

Offline Exile

• Gold Member
      • http://www.simladder.com/
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2001, 08:15:00 PM »

truely pathetic

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2001, 08:22:00 PM »
Exactly my point Exile.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2001, 09:10:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKSeaWulfe:
There is no point other than to have fun, and you override that point when your intent is to deny the other person his fun.

I have fun killing chutes and watching them blow up.  So, I shouldn't shoot chutes now?  Wouldn't that be denying me my fun?  Sorry, I'm apprently too daft or dastardly to understand just what you're getting at, because it seems to me that you're trying to do just that.

SOB

[This message has been edited by SOB (edited 03-05-2001).]
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2001, 09:34:00 PM »

There is no point other than to have fun, and you override that point when your intent is to deny the other person his fun.

Actually Wulfie.. you are way off base here.  The purpose of this game is to deny the other person the same fun you are having.  I think its fun to blow a plane all to hell.. the person being shot most likely doesn't share that oppinion.

If there is a chute hanging in front of me.. I think its fun to straff him.. to improve my gun accuracy if anything

The point is that this is a game and it shouldn't be taken seriously.  Nobody is slapping anyone in the face.  If pixels and text are the cause of great distress in your life, things need to be re-evaluated.

AKDejaVu