Author Topic: The Aces High BBS Grudge Match!  (Read 13638 times)

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
Re: The Aces High BBS Grudge Match!
« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2012, 05:34:07 PM »
If anyone writes more then 6 long paragraphs in this nonsense thread you need your head oiling :rofl

See, now I have to think of what to say that would take 6 paragraphs, as I sure would like a good head oiling!  :x
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2012, 05:55:37 PM »
Vinkman,

If you think about it the competitions like KOTH, Deuling Ladder, Squad Deuling and so forth are gentelmen's agreements and not official HTC functions...

I think they are gentlemen's agreements. There seems to be too few gentlemen involved as the "playing the player" crap has taken over. "Playing the Play'a", by the way, is for punks.

Vink just stay out of it. The monsters are hungry and trolling for players who don't know this game.

Perhaps, but I took no bait. I know their game. I wanted only to point out that their game has consequences on the real game. It's not taking it to a new level, it's replacing real competition, ruining it. Where is the SDL? They are such tards they actually revel in the koas and loss, like they have accomplished something. "Winning!"  :rock

And While I know there is no post clever enough to open their eyes, I feel compelled out of a sense of duty to try. Attempt over.   :salute

Who is John Galt?

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2012, 06:00:38 PM »
I wanted only to point out that their game has consequences on the real game. It's not taking it to a new level, it's replacing real competition, ruining it.

If people actually wanted competition, the community would (like other active gaming communities) thrive on the drama and feuding between squads. It would act as a driving force behind the competition.

The problem in AH is the majority of players don't want to fight, they don't want competition, they want to win, or just look good, with no risk to themselves. This is the case throughout the whole game. The AH community is 10% warriors and 90% little girls. in my ever so humble opinion ;)

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #123 on: August 01, 2012, 06:23:33 PM »
Let’s get ready to rumble!

It’s time for the main event tonight on the Aces High BBS.   This will be a no holds barred battle royal starring the self-proclaimed poster child…er…kings of Aces High!
They’ll be brawling for the AH Heavyweight BBS Title to be known as “Lords of the Boards”

In the far corner are the veterans of “the Muppets”.  Recently left for dead, they’ve made a comeback on the BBS led by their longtime leader Kappa along with his clone mini-Kappa and their sidekick Fester, better known as the most important player in the game, because he told ya so!  They bring along a number of effective BBS warriors including the bicker brothers Grizz and Sunbat, and the well-known tag team of Flotsom and Jetsom.  Questions remain as to whether the Muppets will actually take part in the match, or turn on each other.

In the corner to their right stand “The Few” with their manager and biggest fan Midway, aka. “you are ignoring this user” .  Best known for their alleged shades posting and the impression that they believe they are far cleverer than the crowd will ever realize, they stand behind their leader and Spitfire driver Bruv119, who can be easily recognized by the large bandages on his ankles.

And in the corner to the left of the Muppets stand the young, up and coming “Top Guns”.  They’ve taken the board by storm in the last few months in an effort to dethrone the more veteran BBS warriors they now share the ring with.  Apparently an offshoot of “The Few”, there is some real bitterness there, and we expect this could lead to a real BBS bloodbath.  A number of the Top Gunners are wearing new names, but retaining the same old tactics. 

Refereeing will be Leviathan, formerly of the Blue Knights who at one point held the title.

Let’s go to ringside!

“Ding!”

Funniest post you've ever made, sir.  :rofl  :aok
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2012, 06:24:02 PM »
If people actually wanted competition, the community would (like other active gaming communities) thrive on the drama and feuding between squads. It would act as a driving force behind the competition.

The problem in AH is the majority of players don't want to fight, they don't want competition, they want to win, or just look good, with no risk to themselves. This is the case throughout the whole game. The AH community is 10% warriors and 90% little girls. in my ever so humble opinion ;)

is it ok sir...... if I agree with you sir......

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2012, 06:25:52 PM »
is it ok sir...... if I agree with you sir......

:salute for a warrior!

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2012, 06:44:44 PM »
Any remaining gentlemen looking for a place to call home.....the gentlemans flying club (GFC) may have a spot for you........ :old:
AOM
Der Wander Zirkus
Kommando Nowotny for FSO

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2012, 07:48:21 PM »
The brawl continues!  The Muppets have hammered the Few with a chair covered with there number 1 ranking from July!  Fester is on the top rope shouting it to all who will listen.  The Few look staggered with their number 2 ranking and the Top Gunners are looking confused wondering if their number 3 ranking is all that important?

The GFC is scrambling for more bodies and the referee is doubled over with laughter in the corner.

What a match!
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2012, 07:50:37 PM »
it was actually very entertaining guppy. Snailman and bruv both put up a good competition that was fun to stat-war against.

My interest was in Army of Muppets getting rank one and getting personal rank one.

for tour 150 Army of Muppets are the highest ranking #1 skwad yay! :banana:

and despite the competition I was able to score rank 1 in fighters, bombers, attack, vehicle and overall rank one for tour 150 :)

fun challenge!
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2012, 09:26:13 PM »
Bump , both thread at top. Now wheres the third.....
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline StabOps

• Copper Member
« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2012, 10:20:23 PM »
To be clear. No I don't think people are put off events because of BBS BS.
I do think the BBS BS is just another avenue of what goes on on 200 and how many are treating each other in game. Like the Muppets vendetta in the Dueling bracket that got Spek's title turned over to Krup, and how many withdrew from future Duelling brackets because of it. And how the Squad dueling league diassapeared because of all the BS the forced many squads to withdraw, and how KOTH suffer because of the Ventrilo BS that became another soap opera.  

There is a change in the culture that no long understands sportsmanship and what it means or why it's important. Too many are wrapped up and invested in the culture of humiliation. Dancing in the end zone, taking your helmet off and running around beating your chest, "Pwn-ing" everyone, trash talking. Winning is defined by humiliating and PWNing your opponent now. It's repugnant.

In a game, the reason for sportsmanship is so no one is fearful of losing, in that way everyone participates. It's for the game's survival. Losing a game isn't supposed be a personal defeat, or character attack expressed through cries of "Epic Fail!" But that's what everyone celebrates now. Now the fun is showcasing the biggest "Epic Fai!" "HAHAHA what a loser", "PWN'D!!"  That's what's matters to a generation of punks. So if you can't do it on the field, or in the skies, or even if you can, by all means do it on 200 and BBS. Just keep going until you've humiliated someone! "...Get him a body bag!...YEAHHHHHHHHH!"

It's bad enough when during the heat of competition these things flare up. But to go out and start it on purpose just to watch it all happen is sick.  :salute

I was gonna post something along the lines of "this cant be vink, calm, quietly stated,...etc blah blah"....but on second thought

<S> Vinkman

Stab
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2012, 10:28:33 PM »
you ever see me do any of those things?

the only time you will ever see me get into it with someone is if they start with me.

now I am not perfect and I am sure I must have called someone out on his lame game play first at some point...but honestly have you seen me act the way you describe?

yes.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2012, 10:33:36 PM »

My first response was to say that's the dumbest thing said yet.  But before confirming that I need a clarification Coombz.    Please define an AH warrior for me.  I asking in the hopes that I'm wrong about it being a dumb comment.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2012, 10:41:38 PM »
one of those rare players who will give you an actual fight, without running away immediately after making 2 HO attempts and missing both

one of those special souls who will try to reverse you and kick your behind when you come at them with an alt advantage

a pilot who wants a good fight, not a good score

A Debrody, an ink, a Latrobe, an ALFAMEGA, a surfinn...warriors one and all...there are plenty more out there that I'm failing to mention, but sadly they are vastly outnumbered by the sort of little girls who will run to ack, land their plane and jump in an 88mm rather than actually fight someone
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:44:25 PM by coombz »

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2012, 11:24:01 PM »
Saying so much
You ever notice you have a lot to say?
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14