Author Topic: Help  (Read 979 times)

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
Help
« on: August 05, 2012, 08:07:47 AM »
I am unable to paste the file in my folder after I save it....help!

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 08:57:56 AM »
Bern:

What file are you trying to store? And where are you attempting to store it?

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 09:05:38 AM »
I tried a few found here
i actually got one to copy to my aces hi mis res folder.
unfortunatly I am an idiot and cannot get them to work....sigh
have spent a few hours trying to download various missions using the ones compadable with newest AH version.
either they wont copy from the web site or they do not show up on mission list {with correct terrain}after I install them

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 09:08:42 AM »
also tried peabody easy on Tech video review web page
these will not copy to my file folder it shows that I cut them but they do not paste...rememeber I am an IDIOT and special care will be needed in helping me.....droooooooooool

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 11:09:46 PM »
The "Peabody Simple" mission is described HERE:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/PeabodySimple/PeabodySimpleMissionPage01Full.htm

....that description includes videos showing the general principles involved in downloading, installing, and flying it.

The version for Aces High 2.28.x is described HERE:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/PeabodySimple/For228x/PeabodySimpleForAh228x.htm

....that description includes detailed instructions for downloading and installing the mission using Aces High Version 2.28.x. These instructions are more specific to your current situation than the general principles found in the first of the 2 links above. Where the instructions say "Copy this file into the "misres" folder of your AH V2.28.x installation", remember to RIGHT-CLICK on the displayed link to the "simple04.res" file. Your browser should then pop up a "file save" dialog box. Browse into the "missres" folder of your Aces High 2.28.x installation. Your browser should offer several options for saving different types of files. DO NOT SAVE IT AS A WEB PAGE or an "HTML" or "HTM" file. You want it to be saved as a ".res" file. Many browsers are not very clear on this point, but so long as you avoid "WEB PAGE" and "HTML" and "HTM" file options, you will probably be good to go (so long as you know where your Aces High 2.28.x installation is actually located within your filesystem).

I hope this helps
 :salute
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 11:12:51 PM by bbosen »