Author Topic: ME-410  (Read 2916 times)

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
Re: ME-410
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2012, 05:54:37 PM »
I meant to change the ammo load in this patch but missed it. 

no need:) extra 200 round no biggie

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2012, 06:50:54 PM »
According to a weapon overview of different Me 410 versions (from an aircraft manual) the WB 151 guns had 200 rounds each if using a common belt box (Gurtkasten) or 230/gun if using separate ones.

I've never seen any info EVER that suggested it was ever loaded other than 200 rpg. Maybe that's like the theoretical loadout or P-47s have, that never was used? I'd rather see factual loadouts, personally.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2012, 08:44:33 PM »
I meant to change the ammo load in this patch but missed it. 
would that give it more or less ammo?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Denniss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2012, 01:03:51 PM »

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2012, 07:16:42 AM »
Why is the 410 prone to flat stalls? It seems to like to stay in a stalled condition where it goes down tail first even if the velocity may read 100mph. That indicates a strange location of CoG to CoL even if it is loaded with MK103s.

I'd imagine that in 410 it would need a lot of ballast to get CoG to shift rear of CoL. The situation would be probably different in a rotating stall but this stall is static, it just floats down and controller seem to have no effect.

Also the wings seem to be as fragile as earlier.

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2012, 11:04:40 AM »
I've seen several times the entire wing is listed as gone in the damage screen (not just outer wing) and yet the wing out to the engine is still attached, and the engine keeps running. It is, however, totally unflyable, unlike other planes with half a wing still attached.

Only other plane I've seen doing something similar is the P-38, but the 38 only does that because of the tail booms configuration.

Not sure if a bug or not.

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2012, 10:44:35 AM »
Krusty, can you screen shot that please?
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2012, 06:48:57 PM »

Image of the shadow bug sorry it took so long been busy.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2012, 09:02:22 PM »

No screen, but I "may" have it on film. Problem is I can't review films -- film viewer crashes on load. I have to fully reinstall AH according to Skuzzy for an error upon installing the hi-res pack, so maybe after I do that it will work.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2012, 10:38:52 PM »

Reinstalled, film viewer works again. Here's the extent of the wing damage:

Now, I have since lost the ENTIRE wing, all the way to the wing root, and it just about handled the same. It was uncontrollable. Not sure if a graphics glitch or what.

Note in this screenshot, the only engine running is on the broken wing. Historically this seems to help out a little in flying planes missing wing area, but not in this case. It still had flaps, but I was too fast and nose down to get them out. Even with full rudder i couldn't keep control, and ended up after a long struggle (no results) plowing into the ground.

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2012, 10:26:05 AM »
"I'd imagine that in 410 it would need a lot of ballast to get CoG to shift rear of CoL."

In Illustrated History of 110/210/410 by Mankau & Petrick there is explained the internal layout of single seat variant (pg.294) where the rear facing weapons were removed to make room for added gas and GM-1 containers and despite all that weight rear of CoL there was also 80kg ballast added to tail unit when MK103s were installed. I don't thing there is a possibility that the CoG was rear of CoL in 410 to make it behave like it does now.

But as its behavior is otherwise quite benign maybe it is not a CoG issue at all but a glitch in aerodynamic model?

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: ME-410 related to the 'rudders'
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2012, 09:57:08 PM »
Had my Me 410 'left' rudder damaged.

Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54