Author Topic: Why don't girls stick around?  (Read 2989 times)

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: Why don't girls stick around?
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2012, 09:47:08 AM »
It was a legitimate question, not a statement.  At the time I was trying to read a David Wales thread.

Tell her that even grown men have to occasionally have fun. Take life to serious and you'll end up a statistic. Its no great secret to his church what David Wales was.

Harassment is different. Even forgetting about the girls some of the comments from players , toward new players asking simple questions, is an embarrassment. A new player knows little about the game. Thats what being "new" means. If you dont want to help the guy, or girl, then just keep your yap shut.

Ive honestly never seen, or heard, any sexual harassment. My experience is, if anything, players are more helpful towards Ladys.

But this question is easily answered. Females, in general, have to much sense to spend thousands of hours of their Lives zinging around in a cartoon P-51 in front of a computer screen, while in their Jam-Jams and slippers, with their little WW-ll flappy hats on. :rofl I get three head shakes a day from my old Lady. Even tho I bring home a pay check.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2012, 09:52:06 AM »
Usually Iin my experience they dont stick around becasue they sober up.
it's talk like that,that seems insinsative to the lady players in the this game..personally i like hearing a ladys voice on the radio.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2012, 09:59:09 AM »
young men will be young men - the same disposition towards women rife in MMOs is applied, with different degrees of intensity, to other minorities as well - how many racial slurs, ethnic slurs, ageist, classist. . . women being the largest MMO minority, and with the added sexual tension there (they have what you can't get - or think you want but can't sort it out - or whatever puberty complex/confusion) it is only that much stronger. 

AH2 is actually more then 'soft-ball' it is practically non-existent when compared to more FPS games and teh PS3/X-Box crowd.  I am not saying it is perfect - but for the msot part - people on AH are a little more mature, or at least, have some degree of representation here. . .so you will gt pigeon holed if you go to far.

It is a community thing really - if you see something, say something, do something.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2012, 10:09:41 AM »
and there is no reason for any body to give these ladie's a diffecult time in this game.there here to play and have a good time,and have fun,and if you don't like women in the game,then go to another arena :bolt:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 10:12:15 AM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2012, 10:14:16 AM »
Because they have to go to the kitchen, to make me a sandwich.   :bolt: :banana: :neener:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nO62XQkmnQ

I wonder if there is a market for aftermarket one-piece lawnmower handles.  Those stupid two-piece handles are really annoying and they're only used so the mowers can be shipped in smaller boxes. 
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2012, 10:31:33 AM »
Usually Iin my experience they dont stick around becasue they sober up.
Well that explains  ALOT lol,  and yes girl gamers  can get alot of harassment, but then again  almost EVERYONE takes alot of harassment  just look at how my 1st comment was taken by some folks, I ment that as a jibe at myself but  seems the only ones that got it are the women that have posted in this thread(and Shuffler :confused:)
:lol if this is insulting to women then i need new friends in real life because i didn't know insulting myself etc and making people laugh was disrespectful :lol
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2012, 10:41:15 AM »
Well that explains  ALOT lol,  and yes girl gamers  can get alot of harassment, but then again  almost EVERYONE takes alot of harassment  just look at how my 1st comment was taken by some folks, I ment that as a jibe at myself but  seems the only ones that got it are the women that have posted in this thread(and Shuffler :confused:)
The difference I see is that the harassment guys tend to get is not based on their gender while the harassment women get is often explicitly based on their gender and demeaning stereotypes of what role their gender should be playing, or overtly sexual.

Yes, it is bad.  AH is comparatively mild when looked at next to X-Box, but is harsher than WoW, probably due to WoW's high number of women players acting as a damper on that stuff.  That said, being comparatively mild doesn't mean it is OK.  I have seen a few things over the years that made me uncomfortable with how the AH community reacts to female members of the community.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2012, 09:54:44 PM »
Hiya everyone....i love this game, I may not playas much as I use to but im still lurking around :)

Back to the subject....when I first started playin AH I met a lot of really cool people. Yeah there are some dummies out there but there are a heck of a lot more good people than bad for sure. I wasnt going to let them few bad apples ruin my fun or a game in which I really enjoyed. Aces High became more than just a game once SGY held her first get together at her house and then after that her and I started the Dayton Gathering...meeting some really awesome people in person, putting faces with gameIDs and voices. The game will be what you make it and allow it to be. No matter what game it is or what game system you play on. As in real life there will always be someone that will try to cut you down to make themselves feel better. If you just dont let them ruin something that matters to you, you will always win. Besides...in AH...skuzzy is great about helping in harrassment situations, just record and take screen shots....i have honestly only done this 1 time as a last resort...
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2012, 09:56:10 PM »
I must still be in a drunken stupor  :t

Speaking of which...i need a refill please  :banana: :t
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2012, 10:57:25 PM »
Just don't get near Bettys feet ............ :devil

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2012, 12:45:25 AM »
I do not get the point of this thread?
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2012, 12:56:37 AM »
I do not get the point of this thread?

Thought u was busy wit th the olympics? Im gonna need me heels back soon :)
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2012, 08:54:38 AM »
I must still be in a drunken stupor  :t

Ohhh Dammm I thought you were sober when you propositioned me. LOL J/K  :salute SGY.

LawnDart

PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2012, 09:33:17 AM »
well personally ive seen a lot of harrassment toward the girls in this game.  i mean hoagi and joker are harrassed unmericfully by the aces high crowd. i just dont see how they keep flying..............lol

<S> joker and hoagi

rhino