Author Topic: Why don't girls stick around?  (Read 2991 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: Why don't girls stick around?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 03:06:12 PM »
The guild I was in in World of Warcraft was probably 30% women. Of course WoW attracts a different player then first person shooters or Aces High.

I dont know  My Rift/ABP/TSW guild has alot of  females that  are regualy in BF3
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 03:14:02 PM »
I'm all grown up, and do not have the stomach for 90% of our BBS bile.  Why girls don't stick around?  View the posts on this thread.

Offline jimbo71

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2012, 03:18:55 PM »
Because they have to go to the kitchen, to make me a sandwich.   :bolt: :banana: :neener:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nO62XQkmnQ
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 03:31:05 PM by jimbo71 »
xxxJCxxx

Skill, Altitude, Airspeed: You need 2 out of 3...

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2012, 03:23:17 PM »
I'm all grown up, and do not have the stomach for 90% of our BBS bile.  Why girls don't stick around?  View the posts on this thread.

Please give an example (excpet for Jimbo's obvious joke)  of bile in this paticular thread.

Lighten up it's  friday post noon come have  a margaritah with Flossy, SGY and I
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 03:27:29 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nypsy

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2012, 03:26:19 PM »
I'm all grown up, and do not have the stomach for 90% of our BBS bile.  Why girls don't stick around?  View the posts on this thread.

This thread and BB are pretty tame IMO.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2012, 03:38:34 PM »
The term 'bile' may have a slightly difference inference in this context.

There have been times my Wife looks over my shoulder when I am reading the bulletin board.  One day, she asked a question.

"Hon, are they really grown men?"

Now, after I picked myself off the floor from laughing so hard, I had to give her that puzzled look of utter confusion as I had no idea how to answer her.  She just turned, walked away, shaking her head muttering something about "better you than me".

At another time, she simply stated, "If I want that much drama, I'll turn on one of the "Real Housewives" shows."

She's a hoot!
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2012, 03:40:27 PM »

Isnt that a tad sterottypical(probably not the rigth word)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 03:45:18 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2012, 03:41:11 PM »
The term 'bile' may have a slightly difference inference in this context.

There have been times my Wife looks over my shoulder when I am reading the bulletin board.  One day, she asked a question.

Now, after I picked myself off the floor from laughing so hard, I had to give her that puzzled look of utter confusion as I had no idea how to answer her.  She just turned, walked away, shaking her head muttering something about "better you than me".

At another time, she simply stated, "If I want that much drama, I'll turn on one of the "Real Housewives" shows."

She's a hoot!
:rofl  :aok
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2012, 03:44:38 PM »

Isnt that a tad sterottypical

It was a legitimate question, not a statement.  At the time I was trying to read a David Wales thread.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »
At the time I was trying to read a David Wales thread.
That's your fav thread... c'on we know it...
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2012, 03:47:07 PM »
It was a legitimate question, not a statement.  At the time I was trying to read a David Wales thread.

Well that explains  ALOT lol,  and yes girl gamers  can get alot of harassment, but then again  almost EVERYONE takes alot of harassment  just look at how my 1st comment was taken by some folks, I ment that as a jibe at myself but  seems the only ones that got it are the women that have posted in this thread(and Shuffler :confused:)

Fact of the matter is  the online culture sucks(I blame WoW) and its not going to change  for awhile. Harrasment is everywhere look at 200 sometime and it is even worse in alot of other games and that doesnt mean its all one way either.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 04:07:22 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 04:23:20 PM »
My wife helps me with my rudder every once in a while when I can't reach it...
:joystick:  :banana:  :x  :rock  :bolt:
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 05:17:30 PM »
Aces High is softball compared to many other games. There was a woman who played COD in our group and the amount of harassment she got was stunning.

This, while it may be in jest in AH, our community is rather mature and tame compared to those of XBox, Blizzard or PSO.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2012, 05:35:54 PM »
This forum and game are a radiant beacon of enlightened thought and civility compared to most online games.  Sure, there's drama and some BS but the signal to noise ratio here is way above most others.

Thank you for your service, Skuzzy.  I tried to read a David Wales thread once.  I got about 2 pages into it and stopped.  The resultant brain damage meant I had to relearn the basic layout of my home and how to tie my shoes again.

I don't get why people jump on girls in games.  Wish they wouldn't, it's distasteful, but again, this game ain't nothing.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2012, 05:57:07 PM »
This forum and game are a radiant beacon of enlightened thought and civility compared to most online games.  Sure, there's drama and some BS but the signal to noise ratio here is way above most others.

Thank you for your service, Skuzzy.  I tried to read a David Wales thread once.  I got about 2 pages into it and stopped.  The resultant brain damage meant I had to relearn the basic layout of my home and how to tie my shoes again.

I don't get why people jump on girls in games.  Wish they wouldn't, it's distasteful, but again, this game ain't nothing.

Wiley.

Want entertainment (or, alternatively, a study into bipolar online-personas), cross check how many people in the first few DW threads were asking/anticipating his PNG status and are now here on the Church of DW bandwagon.  Skuzzy nailed it, he stumbled into the padded room with only one door in this thread.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.