Author Topic: Why don't girls stick around?  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: Why don't girls stick around?
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2012, 09:05:19 AM »
it's talk like that,that seems insinsative to the lady players in the this game..personally i like hearing a ladys voice on the radio.

Learn to loosen up and realise it's not meant the way you take it the wrong way once again  the only people that have taken this the wrong way have been guys that only see things one way and are being overly pessimistic.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 09:12:25 AM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2012, 09:08:22 AM »
The difference I see is that the harassment guys tend to get is not based on their gender while the harassment women get is often explicitly based on their gender and demeaning stereotypes of what role their gender should be playing, or overtly sexual.

Yes, it is bad.  AH is comparatively mild when looked at next to X-Box, but is harsher than WoW, probably due to WoW's high number of women players acting as a damper on that stuff.  That said, being comparatively mild doesn't mean it is OK.  I have seen a few things over the years that made me uncomfortable with how the AH community reacts to female members of the community.

well if someone is going to harrass ou they are going to go for the most obvious things they can.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2012, 12:59:35 PM »

Yes, it is bad.  AH is comparatively mild when looked at next to X-Box, but is harsher than WoW, probably due to WoW's high number of women players acting as a damper on that stuff. 

You've never tuned to the Barrens chat channel in WoW. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2012, 03:37:29 PM »
I wonder if there is a market for aftermarket one-piece lawnmower handles.  Those stupid two-piece handles are really annoying and they're only used so the mowers can be shipped in smaller boxes. 

Dude, no idea.  Like the one/only thing I've use a small welder for almsot every summer for the last 4 years.  Oh, waitaminute...
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2012, 05:34:37 PM »

ack-ack
I play Alliance on an RP server, so no.

I do understand that Barrens chat is really, really bad and that non-RP servers are worse than RP servers.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Nypsy

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2012, 05:52:16 AM »

ack-ack

:rofl

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2012, 10:59:28 AM »
The term 'bile' may have a slightly difference inference in this context.

There have been times my Wife looks over my shoulder when I am reading the bulletin board.  One day, she asked a question.

"Hon, are they really grown men?"

Now, after I picked myself off the floor from laughing so hard, I had to give her that puzzled look of utter confusion as I had no idea how to answer her.  She just turned, walked away, shaking her head muttering something about "better you than me".

At another time, she simply stated, "If I want that much drama, I'll turn on one of the "Real Housewives" shows."

She's a hoot!
And to think. This place is a mere shadow of its former self. Its now damn near sterile by comparison  LMAO
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty