Author Topic: Staged Mission Editor Bug  (Read 673 times)

Offline Zodiac

• Copper Member
Staged Mission Editor Bug
« on: August 14, 2012, 01:09:17 AM »
Ok, Pyro or -sudz- any thoughts on this one? The Y-Axis and Z-Axis for the aircraft spawn point are filling in just fine however the X-Axis remains empty. The .res built fine, the .mis uploaded just fine, and if you select Run Mission it runs through as it should. The mission shows up in a Custom Arena and you are able to load it, however when you try to populate the mission no flights appear in the list and I am thinking it is due to the X-Axis in the spawn point not functioning correctly.

Member DFC
Quote from: Skuzzy
No cookie for you.
Quote from: Wiley
If they want to run to their ack or friendlies that's fine.  It's up to me to catch them and not get killed in the process if I can.

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
Re: Staged Mission Editor Bug
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 11:33:06 AM »
The X pnt being blank is just a display issue.  If you look in the *.mis file and search for the flight name, you'll notice that the x value of the spawn pnt is correct. 

As for the flights not appearing in the populate screen this is a separate issue.  Try going out and back in to refresh the screen - it may be a timing issue.  You can test this by running the same mission offline, having made sure you've copied the *.res file to the offmiss folder.

I'm working to fix the display issue.  If you want to experiment you'll find that the field (x or z) is blank whenever the value is between 99999 and -9999, making a dead zone for spawn points in the shape of a cross.

- sudz

Offline Zodiac

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 09:16:43 PM »
Ok sudz, I tried your suggestion of running the mission offline and it starts up and runs fine except for one small hiccup, the AI all warp but the player is left behind. After starting the mission in a Custom Arena again I tried to populate the mission and still nothing showing up, no flights and players names aren't even listed to be assigned, backing out and reopening the screen to refresh it multiple times and still nothing shows up. I'm starting to think Mr. Krabs is right and the Mission Editor doesn't like me.  :lol
Member DFC
No cookie for you.
If they want to run to their ack or friendlies that's fine.  It's up to me to catch them and not get killed in the process if I can.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 09:44:30 PM »
Having the same issue with the populate screen.

Edit: Ranger helped me solve this. Online my countries were not correct. I didn't even notice. Once I rotated them back to correct, my flights showed up.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 12:18:39 AM by jimson »

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 01:59:50 AM »
Not working for me again. This time I know the countries are correct.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 09:44:40 AM »
Yep my first mission the countries were wrong and once I fixed that the flights would show. 2nd one, the flights don't show and I'm sure the countries are right, so there is something else going on.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 09:30:22 AM »
At least 3 people are now experiencing this. Anyone looking into it?

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 09:49:38 AM »
Yep my first mission the countries were wrong and once I fixed that the flights would show. 2nd one, the flights don't show and I'm sure the countries are right, so there is something else going on.

Are you saying that once we enter a created mission, that we need to select a particular mission?
I'm asking, because I have the same issue.  I know the created missions only support Knights & Bishops.
I fly online as a Knight, but haven't really checked what country I'm using in the created arena.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 10:15:15 AM »
What should happen is that when you select a staged mission and then load it when you go to populate mission, your name and the names of all the flights should be listed. It doesn't seem to matter what side you are flying, both Knight and Bish flights are listed for you to choose from.

The first one I uploaded, when I went to load it and run it in a custom arena I got a blank populate screen.

Ranger checked it out and said the countries didn't match and once he rotated countries so the bish and knight bases in game were the same as in the mission, it worked.

Since then I have checked it out and now it doesn't seem to matter what order the countries are in, when you select the mission the countries automatically seem to rotate and you get a populate screen listing your name and the available flights for both countries.

I then uploaded the same mission (renamed) after making a few changes and even when I was sure the bases were right I got a blank populate screen.

Ranger hasn't as yet had a chance to check out my latest problem to see if the problem is on me, but since others are experiencing the same thing I suspect there is a bug.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 10:18:42 AM by jimson »

Offline Zodiac

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 05:56:30 PM »
I've still not been able to figure this one out, the mission runs fine in the Mission Editor. It seems to run offline except for the fact that all the AI warp but the player never does and is left to either fly the entire route (entirely too time consuming to be useful) or circle the launch airfield aimlessly. When I attempt to load the mission in a Custom Arena I am still unable to populate the mission, it almost appears that no mission is loaded. No flights or players names are listed, if you attempt to just start the mission you receive the notice that the players are not ready. I honestly have no idea what could be causing it to load offline (with partially working warp segments) but appear completely broken in a Custom Arena. There are other missions that I would like to start work on, but I have decided to postpone them until I can get this one working, as I don't really want to invest the time into building missions that I won't be able to get running.
Member DFC
No cookie for you.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 09:49:32 PM »
In the same boat Zodiac. I am postponing any mission building til this gets straightened out.

Ranger is looking into it and will help HTC identify the problem.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 09:52:09 PM »
Still working the problem at this very moment. :salute
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 10:20:02 AM »
Which mission are you having this problem with?

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 10:56:27 AM »
I'm having the problem with 8thvlw2 on bob09 terrain.

Offline Zodiac

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 06:41:13 PM »
Mine is with the 8thaf mission also on the Bob09 terrain....possibility of the issue being tied to the terrain?
Member DFC
No cookie for you.