Author Topic: Concussion  (Read 4744 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Concussion
« on: August 15, 2012, 09:05:36 PM »
Might add a little more immersion and fun if we could have concussion effects from an explosion. A simple screen shake is all. Bombs, rockets, planes, cannon shells, and naval guns: if they explode near you, you shake. Seemed a little off yesterday when a set of bombs hit the fighter hangar a few hundred yards away as I was taking off and nothing happened.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline AirLynx

• Copper Member
Re: Concussion
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 12:09:15 AM »
That's an interesting new idea. I'll give it a +1.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 12:26:07 AM »
Might add a little more immersion and fun if we could have concussion effects from an explosion. A simple screen shake is all. Bombs, rockets, planes, cannon shells, and naval guns: if they explode near you, you shake. Seemed a little off yesterday when a set of bombs hit the fighter hangar a few hundred yards away as I was taking off and nothing happened.

buy a joystick that has force feedback.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline TWC_Angel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 01:29:33 AM »

buy a joystick that has force feedback.

And Holy All Mighty Troll.
FF is great, only system worth it is G940..which i own and its buggy as all getout. <------note that has nothing to do with head shake.
now for Track IR users
B4 anyone says "Shake your head during explosions", and im fairly certain that will come along regardless, the lameness would be post apocalyptic.

I give a +1 to this wish. Would add nothing to the game but sheer immersion. That is enough
 :salute
 :cheers:
                                :bolt:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 01:31:54 AM by TWC_Angel »
IGN: Angel
DGSII: I./JG1
-=Top*Gun=-
"Guaranteed, knock-down-dragged-out dogfight.       
       Every time."    ((♥ That 190))

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 01:39:46 AM »
We already have the plane rumble when taking off, why not expand it a bit? Big +1

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 03:13:01 AM »
+1  :aok
now posting as SirNuke

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 04:48:31 AM »
And Holy All Mighty Troll.
FF is great, only system worth it is G940..which i own and its buggy as all getout. <------note that has nothing to do with head shake.
now for Track IR users
B4 anyone says "Shake your head during explosions", and im fairly certain that will come along regardless, the lameness would be post apocalyptic. since you arent a troll what exactly does this sentence mean?

I give a +1 to this wish. Would add nothing to the game but sheer immersion. That is enough
 :salute
 :cheers:
                                :bolt:

oh mighty game owner.  the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 08:14:35 AM »
Not a new idea, but a great one!  +10

The same type of thing quite a while ago for nearby flak bursts - they should shake your cockpit frame momentarily the same way going into compression shakes it.  

Great idea to expand to ground game too.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 08:22:26 AM »

semp

:rofl This has got to be your worst attempt to troll every single one of my posts yet. That's funny stuff, mind if I make it a sig?

semp

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 08:49:55 AM »
+1

and set it up to use the .1 channel for 5.1 users too, then enable time delay in the 3D sound too - you should see, then feel, then hear explosions :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 04:33:22 PM »
+1

and set it up to use the .1 channel for 5.1 users too, then enable time delay in the 3D sound too - you should see, then feel, then hear explosions :aok

I have a nice cheap 5.1 speaker system.  when there's an explosion nearby I can feel the concussion.  you really want to feel the immersion crank up the subwoofer volume.  I bet your desk will shake like crazy when you fire the guns on the cruiser,  now that is a truly immersion not just some stupid screen shaking.

I got a 3 day notice to quit due to my speaker system cause the neighbor's behind to move due to the noise.  they said it was too loud.  but they never told me.  so I got an agreement with the new tenants next door, if it's too loud they will bang on the wall and I'll use my headset.  it works well as on squad nights they would let me use the speakers, in returned I ordered pizza for them every couple of weeks or so.

Titanic if you really want to feel the immersion of this game you have to spend some money.  if you cant, then save it.  I bought my second monitor by refilling water bottles for my gf with a britta pitcher.  she didnt notice the difference for 4 months. we were spend about 10 bucks a week on bottled water.  it took me over 3 years and about almost 3k to have the system that I have as i couldnt afford it all at one time.  but i saved 20 bucks here and there.  I feel like flying inside and airplane, i can hear and feel explosions as I have my subwoofer right next to me leg touching the desk.

the speaker system only cost me 100 bucks about 3 years ago.  but it's well worth it when you drop a bomb or feel the explosion of the plane you just kill.

having the screen shake to recreate that feeling wont even come close and it's pretty much a dumb wish.  you can add this to your signature too if you want.

semp

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 04:50:26 PM »
sure, you can use a 5.1 system with AH but it isnt true 5.1 - the .1 output is just the sub component of the other channels (the sound is actually 5.0)

a true .1 channel is completely separate from the other channels and was designed to be used for non-directional effects. that is how it would need to be set up so you get the proper flash-shock-boom effect you get IRL.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 04:54:18 PM »
seen lots of threads about it rtholmes but still it is awesome when your gf comes over to tell you to lower the volume as the walls are shaking :).

semp

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 05:01:26 PM »
I really don't see a problem with this wish.  Make an option to toggle the screen shake on/off.  That should please just about everyone.  If you don't like the idea, then don't enable this option.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 05:04:15 PM »
I really don't see a problem with this wish.  Make an option to toggle the screen shake on/off.  That should please just about everyone.  If you don't like the idea, then don't enable this option.

Coogan

they have the same option in world of tanks.  when you fire a round your screens shakes and you must adjust your aim.  I dont know of anybody that has it on.

semp