Author Topic: 109 vs Spitfire  (Read 6654 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: 109 vs Spitfire
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2012, 12:39:11 PM »
Honestly im still waiting for those who used to say that spits are inferior to the 109   ;)

In some spects they are. It has a reason I fly the K4 and not the Spit 16, and it's not because I want to have a bigger challenge...
(And I don't care for that alleged 'stigma' either)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2012, 01:03:02 PM »
I took a Spit VIII up last night, my preferred Spitfire.  The thing that is annoying is how slow it is.  Everything just walked away from me.  Ended up chasing an F4U which headed for his local Wirbelwind battery, took an oil hit and bought it while trying to land at a friendly GV base.  I think I got credit for the F4U due to damage done, but honestly, I didn't kill him, just removed his right side wonder flap.

Speed has become such a dominate factor in the game it is painful to use anything slower than 350, or better yet, 360 on the deck.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2012, 01:09:36 PM »
Haha tell me about it, my plane cant go faster than 336 on the deck   :)
AoM
City of ice

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2012, 01:25:01 PM »
Haha tell me about it, my plane cant go faster than 336 on the deck   :)

debrody doesn't fly 109s either... he too only flys spits....
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2012, 01:52:55 PM »
I don't have much experience in it but I find the 109F to be very competent against the 5 and 9 spit ... I personally find it can hang better and longer and can float and recover at stall well.... I enjoy the spit 5...think it is a fun plane which I used to use as a capped field fighter or if there were too many zero's about but I now take the 109 up in the capped field situation .... only real weakness compared to the spit for me is the fire power....

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2012, 02:44:00 PM »
Exactly, Tongs, the Franz can keep up with the Spit8 and 9 in the scissoring dogfights, handles more steady in the post-stall moves and isnt slower at low-medium altitudes. Basically, when i could force the opponent to scissor, i had chance even against the better pilots too, but when i had to let them use the raw turn rate, i was dead in a short time.
In the other hand, it was different against the spit5. There was a guy in the Few who flew nothing but Spit5s (sorry i cant remember to his name) and we often ran into each other. Some excellent fights happened but he almost always won. True, i have no patience to energy-fight and use Franz's advantages.

What do you, Sirs, think about the Spit16 vs 109F? Seriously, where are you, Bruv? Im curious   :)
AoM
City of ice

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2012, 04:14:33 PM »
Honestly im still waiting for those who used to say that spits are inferior to the 109   ;)

When I fly the 109F, I specifically do so to hunt down Spitfires... Especially trash talking spit drivers...
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2012, 05:01:30 PM »
When I fly the 109F, I specifically do so to hunt down Spitfires... Especially trash talking spit drivers...

I don't always fly a 109 but when I do I fly the 109F.

sorry I had to do it... it was too tempting...
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2012, 05:20:44 PM »
I don't always fly a 109 but when I do I fly the 109F.

sorry I had to do it... it was too tempting...

The F does give many spit drivers who can't do more than basic ACM fits.

In other news, how long has the SpitV in the MAs had this awesome black skin?  Even I think it's actually a good looking spit.  :devil
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2012, 06:32:07 PM »
The F does give many spit drivers who can't do more than basic ACM fits.

In other news, how long has the SpitV in the MAs had this awesome black skin?  Even I think it's actually a good looking spit.  :devil

:rofl

just discovered that myself a few days ago...awesome looking bird :O

although I think it is blue, just so dark it looks Black....ether way it is by far the coolest lookin spit :rock

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2012, 07:13:27 PM »
Spits are inferior, the Emil and Freidrich kick their butts  :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2012, 12:31:26 AM »
 :noid
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2012, 01:15:55 AM »
If you are asking which plane is sexier, the Me's win in all match-ups.

That is all.
:huh Sexier????

Spitfire is the sexiest aircraft ever built, the definitive example of form and function, like a Ducati 916

or an Aston Martin Vanquish

:old:

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 01:39:37 AM by danny76 »
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2012, 01:20:53 AM »
Spitfire is the sexiest aircraft ever built...
Fight!!  :lol
Aircrafts cars and bikes arent sexy. Girls are.   :old:
AoM
City of ice

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2012, 02:46:04 AM »
I took a Spit VIII up last night, my preferred Spitfire.  The thing that is annoying is how slow it is.  Everything just walked away from me. 
Speed has become such a dominate factor in the game it is painful to use anything slower than 350, or better yet, 360 on the deck.
I fought a SpitVIII in a P47M that I took out to see what it can do. I was able to handle the spit in a knife fight using the array of jug tricks, but every time I got the advantage, the spit would just nose up and disappear into the great blue yonder. I exaggerate of course, but its climb advantage is so large that it could easily out spiral me upwards. The Spit driver was much better at this than in a close quarters fight.

Against planes like the P47, that barely break 3000 fpm in a WEP climb the Spit VIII/XVI will quickly get the E advantage - no matter how much I drain his E, no matter if it throttles back to stay with me, all it needed to do is open up and soar at ~1500 fpm more than my best climb rate. If I am out of WEP, the climb advantage becomes ludicrous. On top, the spit climbs at low speeds which means it can do a very tight climbing spiral and/or climb at a steeper angle than most planes, including the 109s.

Speed was always a factor. The problem is that as AH advanced in versions, more and more common rides reach the 350~ish deck speed. Namely the Spit16 and F4U's. Therefore, it order to be faster than the typical planes you will have around you, the bar has been raised. I was very excited when I returned to AH to try the updated Mossie with its 353 mph (WEP) deck speed. In practice, I feel slower than ever. Without the 5 minutes WEP (MIL power) the new MossieVI does only 313 mph  - yes, slower than Spit8 on MIL, and have a speed curve almost identical to the N1K...

<side track warning>
If someone can explain the remarkable 40 mph difference in deck speed between WEP and MIL for the MossieVI I would be glad to hear it. I mean, did it use WEP or an afterburner? the 353 is correct for the Merlin25, +18 boost, no flame dumper, ejectors MosquitoVI. Not sure that the 313 for MIL power is too.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs