Author Topic: Tiny Shida's Mobile  (Read 3044 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Tiny Shida's Mobile
« on: August 21, 2012, 04:51:43 AM »
I have two 1:48th scale aircraft kits I was saving for a less busy time to super detail etc, but prompted by Redd's suggestion I've decided to build them up standard and paint them and make Tiny Shida a mobile for above his bed when he gets out of his incubator.

Wildcat1, a fellow AH player who I have never met, has volunteered to contribute a model of his favourite aircraft: a Grumman F4F Wildcat, in his favourite paint scheme, the Cactus Air Force livery.

Just also bought a Spitfire Mark I kit off eBay, since I was telling Tiny Shida all about Douglas Bader on Saturday, for inspiration to fight his infection.

Started this thread to post some progress photos and get some guidance with making the models, it's been 25 years I reckon since I last painted a model  :eek:

Pictures to follow...

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
Re: Tiny Shida's Mobile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 09:44:52 AM »
Wheels up or down on the Hurri 1 mate?
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 10:56:38 AM »
Up, turning and burning!  :banana:
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 10:58:59 AM »
No prob. :banana:
The GFC

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 02:23:01 PM »
You finished, yet?    :neener:
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 12:14:23 AM »
You finished, yet?    :neener:

Not quite.Although the Airfix Hurri is a pretty simple kit made I think in 1978. Cockpit and pilot are done
The GFC

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 03:55:38 AM »
 :x :x :x
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 04:25:32 AM »
Are you saving the Ki-84 for last? Naturally it will be his favorite when he's old enough to join us in the cartoon skies. Hhmm.. Ink, Slash, and the two Shidas... There will be no stopping us.  :D

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 06:22:37 AM »
We must avoid the complete corruption of the lad with all of those ugly red dots . Instead point him to a shape that is more in line with his heritage . Show him the beauty of the elliptical wing . Better yet truly equip him for success in life and help him develop an appreciation for twin engines providing balance to aesthetically pleasing gondola . Slash obviously you raise children that spend all their time in the principals office or learning the meaning to the words " plausible deniablity " . It is far to late for dad I am afraid . Other members of the GFC can back me up on this . Did we not hear shida not long ago confess/brag about numerous incidents with the constabulary ? Lucky it wasn't U.S. LEOs' as they would have just shot him for the many felonies on motor bikes he admitted to committing !!! Danny Zach MickeyD and I were shocked into silence I can tell you .Slash your intention to expose the young man to such undesirable things like ugly red dots  .  Seems to be nothing more than an attempt at future job security for your self . We need not hear from the folks that want the little fella to be exposed to evil black crosses either . We all know that is the path to sexual deviance .

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 06:24:11 AM »
I say Spitfires , hurricanes, tiffies, mossies, whirlwind and possibly a lancaster just to remind him how to drop bombs properly.    :airplane:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 06:47:48 AM »
I say Spitfires , hurricanes, tiffies, mossies, whirlwind and possibly a lancaster just to remind him how to drop bombs properly.    :airplane:
I agree hence my reference to the elliptical wing . Good man bruv . With those choices he is sure to be a good factory worker or infantryman !!!!!! Now a Doctor or Scientist lets think 2 engines with a gondola ! Italian planes I think would be the worse of all possible choices , he might wind up a complete social outcast and be an engineer  :cry

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 05:08:06 PM »
Ahhh the silence from slash is deadly .

Offline Chewie

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 05:15:07 PM »
Good luck sir, if you need some help please let me know.  I have been building since I was 13 and I have won at the national level.  Working on a B-25J right now sir. 
23 Years MO Air Guard.  C-130s.  5 Years USMC Aviation. "Sir! I flunked Flank School!"

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 05:18:30 PM »
Ahhh the silence from slash is deadly .
Busy saving the world today. The Hayate is the path to enlightenment. Accept the Hayate in to your life and all will be revealed.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 05:51:56 PM »
Busy saving the world today. The Hayate is the path to enlightenment. Accept the Hayate in to your life and all will be revealed.

The Hayate is the path to enlightenment. Accept the Hayate in to your life and all will be revealed.
The Hayate is the path to enlightenment. Accept the Hayate in to your life and all will be revealed.