Author Topic: Gun control laws do they work ?  (Read 20491 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Re: Gun control laws do they work ?
« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2012, 05:46:16 PM »
Someone stole them :(

look in your back yard... doggie has pie dish on his head.

Danny, cuff the doggie!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:48:19 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #166 on: August 24, 2012, 06:00:02 PM »
would have never guessed you at 47......that should be old enough to know better.

I agree on many accounts...especially this  
"You help the old the needy and the disabled"    except we are barely doing that.......this world we live in if far more full of people lining their pockets on the backs of the working man......they are the biggest and most prolific criminals in this world.

so you should know that, not everyone who "looks" the part is indeed a criminal.....

I see both sides of the fence....I lived among "criminals" for many years(much different then being a PC.... a cop? im guessing?)...even though I was far different then most of them....I can see why some did what they did.......some are like you say just "scum" others are victims......

not everything is so black and white is my point....we are all humans and make mistakes...and many times we make them over and over again.....

being one that has been judged by my looks...it is hard for me to agree with this......on the other side being one that knows many "criminals" (very broad word)  it is hard to disagree.....

what exactly constitutes a "criminal"?    we have far to many judgmental laws...that "dictate" what others can do with their own lives and bodies.....break those laws and you are now a "criminal"

why is that 14 year old stealing cars? do you know what has happened to that 14 year old to cause him to go down that route?

does it even matter to you?

I know what the problem is...the longer time goes by the further away we are getting from God...the more depraved we become...the less caring....

I knew I should have stayed out of this. :rofl

:salute

Dishonestly appropriating property belonging to another with the intention to permanently deprive the other of it
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #167 on: August 24, 2012, 06:02:36 PM »
would have never guessed you at 47......that should be old enough to know better.

I agree on many accounts...especially this  
"You help the old the needy and the disabled"    except we are barely doing that.......this world we live in if far more full of people lining their pockets on the backs of the working man......they are the biggest and most prolific criminals in this world.

so you should know that, not everyone who "looks" the part is indeed a criminal.....

I see both sides of the fence....I lived among "criminals" for many years(much different then being a PC.... a cop? im guessing?)...even though I was far different then most of them....I can see why some did what they did.......some are like you say just "scum" others are victims......

not everything is so black and white is my point....we are all humans and make mistakes...and many times we make them over and over again.....

being one that has been judged by my looks...it is hard for me to agree with this......on the other side being one that knows many "criminals" (very broad word)  it is hard to disagree.....

what exactly constitutes a "criminal"?    we have far to many judgmental laws...that "dictate" what others can do with their own lives and bodies.....break those laws and you are now a "criminal"

why is that 14 year old stealing cars? do you know what has happened to that 14 year old to cause him to go down that route?

does it even matter to you?

I know what the problem is...the longer time goes by the further away we are getting from God...the more depraved we become...the less caring....

I knew I should have stayed out of this. :rofl

:salute

Then 'God' should crack on and do something about it, and quit hiding behind all that free will nonsense :furious
The GFC

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #168 on: August 24, 2012, 06:14:46 PM »
Dishonestly appropriating property belonging to another with the intention to permanently deprive the other of it

even that does not fit the bill...and is very narrow....yes that is a part of it.....but to me a criminal is one who has no care about others....will do whatever it is in there hearts no matter who gets hurt...has no concern for their fellow man or right or wrong..... only for themselves....will steal...kill...maim...whateve r it takes..whatever they desire......for no other reason but....money or power......or fun.....is not contrite...or have any remorse.

the question about the 14 year old was rhetorical.

Then 'God' should crack on and do something about it, and quit hiding behind all that free will nonsense :furious

He("he" is used figuratively) will....don't fret....everyone will get their just recompense......

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #169 on: August 24, 2012, 06:24:48 PM »

He("he" is used figuratively) will....don't fret....everyone will get their just recompense......

Good, before I get my recompense I would favour a few sharp words with the guy!
The GFC

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #170 on: August 24, 2012, 06:27:10 PM »
Good, before I get my recompense I would favour a few sharp words with the guy!

we cant continue down this topic......we can via PM if you would like....I would. :salute

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #171 on: August 24, 2012, 06:28:20 PM »
Ardy and I both live in Oakland Ca a few blocks from each other. I own a house and he rents. It's a nice upscale area where the oakland denizins mostly don't bother to come around anymore becasue of the increased presence of OPD due to the fact that in the mid 2000's a Whole Foods was put in just below my house with armed guard patrols during open hours. The armed guards are due to the 7-11 and parolee half way hotel across the street from the Whole Foods and all of the aggressive pan handlers who would have harrased the cool people sitting out on the sidewalk sipping their lattes and eating lunch arguing what utopia looks like.

Before Ardy and Whole Foods moved into my neigborhood along with the armed gaurds and increased OPS presence. The Jr. High in my block was where the local gang bangers little brothers went to school before moving up to full scale gang banging. On weekends they would steal bycicles from people cycling around Lake Merrit as a rite of passage. They passed in front of my house twice a day "being bad" in Li'l Gangsta groups. Peeing on everyons bushes, front doors and showing me and the neighbors the toys they carried by cutting up our bushes. Every June at Lake Merrit was the Juneteenth festival to which all of the gangs from the SF Bay area congrigated and fought with each other, smashed store windows and pee'd and p@@ped in eveyones bushes and driveways they could around the Lake.

In 1998 I had reason to carry because in a 2 month period where I worked in richmond 5 robberies of employees from companies in my tech park took place as the employees were going to their cars after dark. Two were murdered. I often worked until after 10 pm in my company's data center. I never had to face a robbery in richmond but, becasue I was carrying I stopped an assult at my house by a knife weilding assailent I caught tresspassing when I had to go home to get something during the day. Don't cha just love Utopia??

Homes are more likely to be robbery and break in targets than apartments and the only reason the aggressive pan handlers and smash and grab homeless that used to plauge my neighborhood are gone is becasue of increased OPD presence and armed guards due to Whole Foods being a tax revenue golden Goose to the Oakland city counsel. Especially in this economy the city counsel wants to keep Whole Foods generating taxes. Our little utopia is protected by armed guards who can only keep crime at bay on their property.

We still have crime right here above the Whole Foods. The building at the end of my court is being renovated and one of the contractor's work truck with every tool he owns was stolen last month. Two weeks ago we ran off two eligal aliens from stealing fuel from my wifes subaru parked on the street. We caught them in broad daylight using a screw driver to jimmy her gas cover. They ran off leaving their bucket and a neighbors water hose they cut apart to siphon the gass with. Oh yes and petty crime in Oakland is on the rise by illegal immigrants who cannot find work and won't self deport we found out after fileing the police report and talking to the officers.

Yes gents Ardy lives in a nice little safe utopia with increased OPD patrols becasue of the golden goose the city councel wants to protect. Not Ardy. And thats still not enough as the economy gets worse. At least all that Gangsta crap is over with and I got through it without having to shoot anyone during a home invasion. Ardy missed all of those days in our utopian neighborhood.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #172 on: August 24, 2012, 06:30:38 PM »
Skuzzy Must be on Vacation  :rofl
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #173 on: August 24, 2012, 06:44:13 PM »
Bustr,
FYI, I have lived in these parts since 1988, long before whole foods, please get your facts straight before you try and typecast me.

And I don't live next to 'whole paycheck', I live several miles away from it, far from its 'armed guards of protection'...

And yes, there is lots of crime, remember the home invasions where people would hide in bushes and knock you out when you came home?

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #174 on: August 24, 2012, 07:25:26 PM »
we cant continue down this topic......we can via PM if you would like....I would. :salute

Of course
The GFC

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #175 on: August 24, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »
even that does not fit the bill...and is very narrow....yes that is a part of it.....but to me a criminal is one who has no care about others....will do whatever it is in there hearts no matter who gets hurt...has no concern for their fellow man or right or wrong..... only for themselves....will steal...kill...maim...whateve r it takes..whatever they desire......for no other reason but....money or power......or fun.....is not contrite...or have any remorse.

the question about the 14 year old was rhetorical.

What you described above is a Sociopath.  They become a criminal when they commit a criminal act.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #176 on: August 24, 2012, 07:33:15 PM »
What you described above is a Sociopath.  They become a criminal when they commit a criminal act.

Fred

Or in other words, a scrote. I went to a burglary in progress in Shropshire, two kids had broken into a beautiful house whilst the owners were on holiday. Took a little cash and some jewellery, and then smashed the place up. Defecated and urinated everywhere, and their excuse was that the "rich bastards" deserved it.

CS is short term instant justice
The GFC

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #177 on: August 24, 2012, 07:37:37 PM »
Friday night so here goes!

Brits ain't got no guns anyway.. Who cares what they say???

(edit) :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #178 on: August 24, 2012, 07:41:49 PM »
Friday night so here goes!

Brits ain't got no guns anyway.. Who cares what they say???

(edit) :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Quite :huh :aok
The GFC

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #179 on: August 24, 2012, 07:46:10 PM »
look in your back yard... doggie has pie dish on his head.

Danny, cuff the doggie!

Only cuffs I have access to now  have pink fur on them  :huh
The GFC