Author Topic: Gun control laws do they work ?  (Read 20653 times)

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
Re: Gun control laws do they work ?
« Reply #930 on: September 11, 2012, 06:46:35 PM »
Kill them all and let God take care of the rest . What I always  say (!)
I see what your saying WiD . I use to shoot all the time like every day now that I have to count every dollar Every tim.e I go shoot I count the money I spend on a round . I shoot comp for 20 year's but back then I made good money now every time I pull the trigger I think there's a 2 buck round so I don't shoot all the time like I use too . I made dam goood money growing up and never give it a thought untill I got old (50) . So you young farts get it while the getting is goog like I did .
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:54:17 PM by Flench »
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #931 on: September 11, 2012, 06:54:03 PM »
... get all freaked out by the idea of having to wait for more than 15 minutes for food at what we would consider a real restaurant ...

:rofl

(from plenty of experience dining in france, italy and switzerland with our US cousins. cracks me up every time :D)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #932 on: September 11, 2012, 09:15:42 PM »
Yes, every other place in the world is very jealous of America :aok

Your country and your citizens are not a joke to the rest of the world whatsoever

Ahhh that sounds like jealousy. We should send all your countrymen back that chose to move here.... of course then we'd have to send back all the folks from the other countries.

Each country has their good and bad sides. Some moreso than others.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #933 on: September 11, 2012, 09:45:37 PM »
Yeah Shuffler I'm glad I live in Mississippi from what I read here .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #934 on: September 11, 2012, 09:49:46 PM »
Yeah Shuffler I'm glad I live in Mississippi from what I read here .

The land of Nathan Bedford Forrest. Absolutely brilliant general. Also I love how you still have the Confederate flag on your state flag.  :aok
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #935 on: September 11, 2012, 10:01:24 PM »
It's also the poorest, fattest and arguably one of the dumbest states in the Union. Forrest was also the founder of the KKK, so not sure he is much of a bright spot.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #936 on: September 11, 2012, 10:05:36 PM »
It's also the poorest, fattest and arguably one of the dumbest states in the Union. Forrest was also the founder of the KKK, so not sure he is much of a bright spot.

I'm talking about his performance as a general during the Civil War, which was absolutely genius and gave life to mobile warfare. The best cavalry commander of the entire war, for me.

You're right, his involvement with the KKK is deplorable. There have been reports though that said he strongly disagreed with the way the KKK became highly militant before he died, though.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:08:42 PM by DaveJ »
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #937 on: September 11, 2012, 10:08:16 PM »
I like Jeb Stuart personally, but to each his own.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #938 on: September 11, 2012, 10:13:11 PM »
I like Jeb Stuart personally, but to each his own.

He was great, too. A real leader and a master of scouting and reconnaissance. Even efficiently commanded Stonewall Jackson's corps temporarily when Jackson was wounded at Chancellorsville. But his love for flair and fame cost Lee at Gettysburg when he left him blind and almost stumbling right into the Union army.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #939 on: September 11, 2012, 10:21:02 PM »
It's also the poorest, fattest and arguably one of the dumbest states in the Union.

and up against pretty stiff competition for that honour ;)
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #940 on: September 11, 2012, 11:24:33 PM »
A few days ago I made the decision to sell my unused (as in never fired) CETME 58 rifle. My wife gave it to me for my 50th birthday almost 10 years ago. I put in the gun safe and never took it to shoot. My taste in recreational shooting has changed over the years. Now, I prefer just to keep sharp plinking away with .22 rifles or with one of my Enfields or Mausers. I delivered it to a local gun shop to sell on consignment. It's doubled in value, so I'll make a good buck on it. I threw in one 5 round magazine and seven 20 round mags. In addition, the new buyer will get a steel ammo box filled with 180 7.62x51 NATO rounds on a linked belt (the new owner will have to break down the links). The dealer has strict instructions as to whom not to sell it to, instant check or not. If the buyer has more tattoos than teeth, steer him to something else....

This is the CETME...
(Image removed from quote.)

After it does sell (no rush on my part), I will buy a Henry Repeating Arms Goldenboy in .22 caliber. I own several lever guns, and these are always my favorites. A little old west heritage, and the good looks of a lever gun have always been appealing to me. The Henry is probably the best made lever action rifle manufactured anywhere. They are tack drivers too. Another advantage is that I can spend a leisurely afternoon at the range shooting hundreds of rounds and not spend more than $20. That CETME can burn through $10 in ammo every 10 seconds if you do rapid fire...

Here's the Henry Goldenboy...
(Image removed from quote.)

:mad: :mad: :mad:

there some discrimination for ya  :aok

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #941 on: September 12, 2012, 01:12:31 AM »
  There seems to be a resentment for the USA and OUR culture being the cause of the worlds woes.

While I don't share Mr. Coombz's hobby of 'worrying rednecks', or whatever we could call it, yes there is Slate, a general underlying resentment of aspects of the culture of the USA and from many perspectives the second part of your statement true. It is also a unique feature of your culture (for the division of cultures you are in) that the reasons for this are obscured from you, and cause you great offence when discussed by 'foreigners', and make you react as if the world is ungrateful to you, and make you in turn even more nationalistic in response. This is why it is difficult to discuss these issues with you.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #942 on: September 12, 2012, 08:43:41 AM »
Yes, every other place in the world is very jealous of America :aok

Your country and your citizens are not a joke to the rest of the world whatsoever
Yep, just like  every other country dont make fun of other countries? yet ANOTHER sterotypical statement  :aok Not that you will ever learn to be civil  when hiding at the bottom of the world.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #943 on: September 12, 2012, 08:45:10 AM »
I dont think coombzy knows what hes talking about. Wisconsin is the fattest state. And the fat this is  all part of the NWO plan. Get us fat get us lazy get us unarmed and get us in the camps.  They are using the dumb them down and lead tthe around by the nose tactic(sheeple)  in the UK.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:48:14 AM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #944 on: September 12, 2012, 08:49:35 AM »

While I don't share Mr. Coombz's hobby of 'worrying rednecks', or whatever we could call it, yes there is Slate, a general underlying resentment of aspects of the culture of the USA and from many perspectives the second part of your statement true. It is also a unique feature of your culture (for the division of cultures you are in) that the reasons for this are obscured from you, and cause you great offence when discussed by 'foreigners', and make you react as if the world is ungrateful to you, and make you in turn even more nationalistic in response. This is why it is difficult to discuss these issues with you.

In other words
and  Americans  are blinded to the reason why by our culture. But Rejoice America in 50 years we can join the rest of the hate squad in slamming the Chinese!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:51:30 AM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep