Author Topic: Gun control laws do they work ?  (Read 20659 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: Gun control laws do they work ?
« Reply #960 on: September 12, 2012, 02:05:50 PM »
Our best and  brightest rarely  take vacations(holiday) we work long hours here. spomething most Europeans now nothing about. 32-35 hrs+ gov't handouts is not a work week.

Prove it

Not to say that our best and brightest are all working or if your not working your not the best and brightest.

Also bird of a feather and all that , if your hanging out with idiots you should look in the mirror.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #961 on: September 12, 2012, 02:26:57 PM »
I think that's a little harsh.

Dolby you conform to the worst stereotype of British people, you drink tea and are a true gentleman  :old:

HamHawk seems to have been driven into a rage by my tragic trolling, nice triple post mate...shame most of it doesn't make sense. Maybe you could get one of the 'best and brightest' to take time off work to teach you how to write English eh?

You say 'prove it', I assume referring to my comment about posters on this forum conforming to a typical American stereotype, while you yourself are proving it for me with every post :D
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #962 on: September 12, 2012, 02:43:29 PM »
Dolby you conform to the worst stereotype of British people, you drink tea and are a true gentleman  :old:

HamHawk seems to have been driven into a rage by my tragic trolling, nice triple post mate...shame most of it doesn't make sense. Maybe you could get one of the 'best and brightest' to take time off work to teach you how to write English eh?

You say 'prove it', I assume referring to my comment about posters on this forum conforming to a typical American stereotype, while you yourself are proving it for me with every post :D

wow wanna talk about a rage LOL your all class coombzy you comfirm byy your own actions the Americans you hang with are probably not  a good indication of the rest of us.  :aok as I said in my posts my trolls a re cheeky and fun yiurs  are just cruel and tragic. If you  can't take it don't dish it. tell me please which sterotype I am displaying my good sir? I really think your just throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks  :rofl :aok

and I dont speak the Queen's english I speak the presidents American. I earned that rigth when my forefathers smaked yours  arouns 200+ years ago.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 02:47:53 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #963 on: September 12, 2012, 03:06:29 PM »
tell me please which sterotype I am displaying my good sir? I really think your just throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks

The hilarious irony of it is that you're actually serious when you say this...dear god. Aside from the stereotype of Americans being stupid which you are displaying wantonly, here a few other examples just from the last couple of pages.

we work long hours here. spomething most Europeans now nothing about. 32-35 hrs+ gov't handouts is not a work week.

and I dont speak the Queen's english I speak the presidents American. I earned that rigth when my forefathers smaked yours  arouns 200+ years ago.

Not that you will ever learn to be civil  when hiding at the bottom of the world.

Also coombzy it was these gun nuts that saved yall twice

Ands some people are just pissy because the sun did indeed set on thier empire

If I had a dollar for every time this kind of stupidity had been used by an American on the internet arguing with someone from another country...

'We saved you all'   'You are just jealous'  'Your small country doesn't matter' and similar statements

...I would be able to pay my AH subscription for the next 20 years :)  

You fit the stereotype perfectly HamHawk, sorry. Although I can't see from here whether you have a Confederate flag outside your house hehe
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 03:09:57 PM by coombz »

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #964 on: September 12, 2012, 03:11:24 PM »

The hilarious irony of it is that you're actually serious when you say this...dear god. Aside from the stereotype of Americans being stupid which you are displaying wantonly, here a few other examples just from the last couple of pages.

If I had a dollar for every time this kind of stupidity had been used by an American on the internet arguing with someone from another country...

'We saved you all'   'You are just jealous' Your small country doesn't matter' and similar statements

...I would be able to pay my AH subscription for the next 20 years :)  

You fit the stereotype perfectly HamHawk, sorry. Although I can't see from here whether you have a Confederate flag outside your house hehe

Nope its in the Garage, also  every one of those is  a fact. good thing there isn't many people in that pissant country of yours for you to alienate with your copious amount of class and sophistication
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 03:17:46 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #965 on: September 12, 2012, 03:21:10 PM »
 :lol  don't be mad, I thought we were just having fun trolling? I obviously touched a nerve.

It's funny, I've had 3 PMs since beginning to post in this thread all from guys assuring me that not all Americans are like the vocal majority of this forum. Even your own countrymen are embarrassed by you it seems.

edit: Since we keep wandering off gun control and into personal attacks (and I'm sure I'm not entirely innocent) I'll try to stay away from this thread from now on. It has been fun though :) thanks
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 03:23:40 PM by coombz »

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #966 on: September 12, 2012, 03:28:58 PM »
:lol  don't be mad, I thought we were just having fun trolling? I obviously touched a nerve.

It's funny, I've had 3 PMs since beginning to post in this thread all from guys assuring me that not all Americans are like the vocal majority of this forum. Even your own countrymen are embarrassed by you it seems.

edit: Since we keep wandering off gun control and into personal attacks (and I'm sure I'm not entirely innocent) I'll try to stay away from this thread from now on. It has been fun though :) thanks

Im not the vocal mahjority in fact I have not vocalised anything in this thread, also dont  try to self prohject your rage onto me. If you can't swim with the big boys go back to the kiddy pool.  I have also gotten about 89 pm's  from your excountry men for twisting your nose so easily. I will show you mine if you show me yours(I mean pm's) Also I have yet to make a personal attck pleae pprovide mor eproof of said attack.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #967 on: September 12, 2012, 03:33:47 PM »
Coombzy I see the future

You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

And it is blissfull
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #968 on: September 12, 2012, 03:41:38 PM »
I also have similar PMs regarding the Operation Market Garden thread.

Nathan60 I don't know how old you are, but you seem like a nice young man, full of beans, a bit misguided as to how things work outside of America, and a bit flippant towards the British, but that's okay we're used to that.

The discussion we touched on is broad and difficult & I think that perhaps on reflection these forums are not the place for it. If I may proffer some advice, be critical of what you're told always, cross check information and try to be conscious of things at a level above cultural or nationalistic compartments. Distinguish between agenda, subjective perception and fact, and realise the latter is rare and hard to distinguish.

All the best, nrshida  :salute

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #969 on: September 12, 2012, 03:42:13 PM »
Coombzy I see the future

And it is blissfull

I dont think the gjuy that though"Mandora" was funny or deserved would ignore someone. Also you missed a really funny joke at your expense then yetserday Dolby.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #970 on: September 12, 2012, 03:44:49 PM »
I also have similar PMs regarding the Operation Market Garden thread.

Nathan60 I don't know how old you are, but you seem like a nice young man, full of beans, a bit misguided as to how things work outside of America, and a bit flippant towards the British, but that's okay we're used to that.

The discussion we touched on is broad and difficult & I think that perhaps on reflection these forums are not the place for it. If I may proffer some advice, be critical of what you're told always, cross check information and try to be conscious of things at a level above cultural or nationalistic compartments. Distinguish between agenda, subjective perception and fact, and realise the latter is rare and hard to distinguish.

All the best, nrshida  :salute

Actually I just jump into the threads that long ago stopped making sense like this or the 'other one' one I was agreeing with you but you did not read it correctly I guess. I then went on to explain where your error was and I was actually gonna  quote your jealousy vs. resnetmen quote to combzy but forgot.

I went back and looked becaus eI think it was the Unperk the f4u thread(haters gonna hate) you and I had a discussion in Shida not the Market Garden one and in fact I only have 1 post in market garden. In short you  misunderstood  a satrical reply in the F4u-4 thread to a guy being an idiot in a decent thrread. coombzy simply got what he dished out returned to him and cant take it.

Actually I went back and looked at the market garden thred and Shida you and  Engfnder were argueming not me. I guess some people have difficulty  telling satire from the real deal. I will note however you Brits do infact seem to spend awful lot of toime being snarky towards Americans  and I know its  a 2way street there so yes I am flippant tpo those that are flippant in themselves.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 04:34:17 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #971 on: September 12, 2012, 05:27:46 PM »
2 things...
1) Bad examples, as most people didn't agree and engaged/engage in civil disobedience, even law enforcement regularly broke the rules (esp with prohibition). If you look at my initial post, I never said all guns should be illegal, just that there should be rules, esp around full auto ones (which  are highly regulated today).

2) Yes, econ 101, supply always meets demand, rise the price high enough and its not a viable option for most criminals.

How do you "RAISE" the price of 3rd world manufactured AK's & SKS's smuggled and bought for $45 in any dirt hole around the world?  :ahand
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #972 on: September 12, 2012, 05:31:44 PM »
Reading the extremely naive & ignorant statements made on here is sure an education on how carefully the media has groomed & educated the liberal minds.... :noid  :ahand  :neener:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #973 on: September 12, 2012, 05:36:23 PM »
Where are the Americans that represent your 'best and brightest' then? Apparently they don't travel overseas. And they're certainly not on the Aces High forums.

You say we are judging based on stereotypes...but it's hard not to when most posters on here conform perfectly to the most well known and derided stereotype of American citizens.

Trolling tool.  You reached a little far on that one.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #974 on: September 12, 2012, 05:36:54 PM »
How do you "RAISE" the price of 3rd world manufactured AK's & SKS's smuggled and bought for $45 in any dirt hole around the world?  :ahand

really for 45 bucks?  and I bet the bullets are free too.  how in the heck do the arms dealers of the world stay in business.  take 1000 ak47's to a dirt hole and sell them for $45,000.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.