Author Topic: 410 wing - really?  (Read 1790 times)

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
Re: 410 wing - really?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 09:58:30 PM »
The airframe does seem weak.  It should be tougher imo considering it handles like an overweight piggy.

handling, or weight even, does not correlate to airframe toughness.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 09:58:59 PM »
Shame on you... :old:

Snailman Tour 151 (Current)

pffft, thats nothing. Check out chris3  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 10:27:56 PM »
Seriously, HTC, please look at this. The wings just get sawn off easy.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 09:44:22 AM »
Pound for pound, wood can easily be stronger than metal.

I learned that in 7th grade shop class.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 10:22:36 AM »
the wing root seems to be very resistant to my bullets, but the outer wing no so much, and will take the whole wing in its destruction
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 10:27:12 AM »
meanwhile, an A20 is taking 30mm hits as breakfast  :angel:
Unless it's from a flak.  If a Wirb sneeze's in my direction an engine goes out...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 10:56:28 AM »
Also consider that the plane was deemed capable of divebombing with such high empty weight. Many of them were equipped with StuVi divebomb sights. However, I have not made such pull up yet that could have broken its wings off but it does not tolerate much damage when this happens.

I'd say that the max permissible loading figure for 410 may be right which makes it perfectly capable of divebombing, but the "hitpoints" against damage in wingsections do not correlate with the good loading figures and I assume that due to game mechanics these are two separate values.

Compare it with e.g. Ju88 which is also a dive bombing capable "stuka" aircraft. Ju88 is quite resilient to wing damage.

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 12:11:09 PM »
the wing root seems to be very resistant to my bullets, but the outer wing no so much, and will take the whole wing in its destruction

same thing with 110, inner wing is normal but the outer section is simply for the poutsos

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 10:59:44 PM »
It gets even better.

Just reviewed film of my latest wing loss - number of 50-cal flashes to port wing and to the fuselage, starboard wing falls off despite, according to the film, not receiving a single hit.

:bhead

Oh, and while I'm whining in my very own whine thread, the defensive guns go pop very quickly. Is there no defensive value in having that whacking great mechanism between the gunners and the bad guys?
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 11:48:59 PM »
I have a 2v1 victory in the 410, Vs a yakT and a N1K. It was epic as hell. I like the 410 the way it is.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 04:55:02 AM »
Got any tips?

I love the 103s vs heavy buffs, even with my gunnery I can knock 'em down. Against fighters, not really.

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2012, 08:39:42 AM »
The 410 is a prime example of why the player base should not get to vote on aircraft.

I agree, we keep getting more hangar queens.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2012, 09:29:42 AM »
I agree, we keep getting more hangar queens.

:headscratch: There is no logic there, players tend to vote for the biggest baddest rides. I we had more early war planes added (something that the players would never vote in majority for), you would learn the meaning of "hangar queen".
now posting as SirNuke

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 09:32:32 AM »
Got any tips?

I love the 103s vs heavy buffs, even with my gunnery I can knock 'em down. Against fighters, not really.
"you only get one shot do not miss your chance to blow"

You have really one try at killing a fighter after the merge is to turn hard in either direction and cut throttle and push down for the overshoot snap-shot.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3