Author Topic: Question  (Read 2439 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Question
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2012, 07:48:55 PM »

You learn to survive in the next round for 31 seconds. And the round after that, 32 seconds, then 33, 34, 35...until you beat the other guy by figuring out his tricks.

Agreed! I remember I could never win against anyone from the 80th HH's. They would always dive on me and get a kill no matter what I did, or I'd try and climb with them and watch them flip their plane around faster than I expected and I'd die. Then, after countless engagements, I finally figured out their tricks and and how to defeat them. Now I can instantly tell who is flying a P38 just by the way they initiate the fight and I know what to do to survive their first attack. Though those 80th guys still kick my butt eventually  :D .

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2012, 08:55:53 PM »
Do you feel as though you learn more from fighting players of more experience or fighting players of equal skill ?

Apologies If I may seem stupid to post this but I find it an interesting Topic.

Discuss.  :salute

Though I haven't played in a while, I always felt that the best way to learn was to fight someone whos better than you, without being so much better that he just mops the floor with you. Even better is when you record sorties, and debrief with your opponent.

But if you can't get that debrief, its still better than fighting those of equal skill, IMO. Why? Because its pushing your skills further, and you can still learn what you're doing wrong on your own, it will just take longer.

Fighting with others of equal skill doesn't do much to improve your flying. About the best you're likely to do is keep your skills sharp, and smooth out some of the new tricks you've learned.

As for SA, take out just about any fighter that doesn't pwn most of the other aircraft, and fly to the closest furball.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2012, 10:04:50 PM »
I think I learn to push things more with a person of a little more skill than myself...not to much though...to much better...to the point where you don't even get to think about your next turn and your dead, no learning there(other than how to deal with your frustration)...but the guys who are enough above you to kill you but still have to do a little work to get the kill yes .... but I also feel I learn from those who are of equal skill level as being equal you can cause a stalemate in the fight and this is where you need to learn to push a little extra..change your tactic a little to push past the stalemate....during these fights you do actually have the opportunities to do these things and get away with a little error of judgement and keep trying.....thus learning yep that works or nope  the plane doesn't like that

and also something Ink said..... If you have the Zen aim...you can rule....

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2012, 01:19:14 AM »

something Ink said..... If you have the Zen aim...you can rule....

I'm ordering mine from Amazon  :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2012, 08:35:54 AM »
I'm ordering mine from Amazon  :D

I've got a copy of 'Zen in the Art of Archery' in pdf if it helps Mr. D.  :banana:

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2012, 10:59:21 AM »
This is my point no use in fighting somebody on a whole other level unless (stated by shane earlier) If the other guy is not helping you understand what exactly it is you are doing wrong.

agreeing with you... :aok
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2012, 12:58:22 PM »
 :huh :huh :huh I can only get better!  :bhead :bhead :bhead
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2012, 01:15:15 PM »
I've got a copy of 'Zen in the Art of Archery' in pdf if it helps Mr. D.  :banana:

Hmm I wonder if I can fit a long bow onto the side of my Emil or Freidrich? :headscratch:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2012, 03:17:43 PM »
You should read it Mr. D, surprisingly applicable.
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0