Author Topic: Can Anyone Run MAX Everything?  (Read 16875 times)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Re: Can Anyone Run MAX Everything?
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2012, 09:01:56 AM »
valid questions IMO, I'm rooting for you!
now posting as SirNuke

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2012, 09:42:52 AM »
I don't nearly believe you, or you are running the game in 800x600
Yeah...I come on here and lie every thirteen years or so just to feel like a hero.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2012, 09:52:10 AM »
Yeah...I come on here and lie every thirteen years or so just to feel like a hero.

In January I ran the game at 1024x768 - just because my laptop couldn't go any higher.

Now running at 2600x1600 and absolutely loving it.
JG 52

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2012, 09:54:50 AM »
Maxed...steady 59fps

AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8 Ghz
Nvidea GT 440
4 gigs ram

With all due respect your computer is mid to low range, there is NO way you run everything at maximum, except if your resolution is really low.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2012, 10:13:37 AM »
Gotta love the raged wall of text.

Classic Titan.  :aok  :rofl
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2012, 10:49:54 AM »
Yep, and classic Bone not listening to anyone but himself.  :rolleyes:

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Ripley

• Copper Member
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2012, 11:03:33 AM »
Ive got a Rig I built last year:

Intel Core i7 overclocked to 4.4ghz
8gigs RAM
nVidia 580gtx Superclocked

And I still get jitters while looking around with my trackIR in a large furball even with settings set around mid-high, I cant imagine trying to play with settings maxed in one of those fights. Otherwise I hum along with a stable 119-120 fps at 1920x1080.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:06:14 AM by Ripley »
Ripley

4th Fighter Group "Debden Eagles"

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2012, 11:12:04 AM »
Back to the subject at hand...

My system is as folows

Intel I5 2600k overclocked at a steady 4.4

16 gig Ripjaw Ram (timings I couldnt tell you)

Dual EVGA gtx570 HD video cards in SLI

Dual 1tb Hard drives running in raid.

Water cooling on CPU with temps being a low 36* celcius

950 watt PC Power and cooling PSU

all of it stuffed... (cough cough) in a NZXT Switch 810 case.

all run on triple 24 inch monitors. I can do a max of 59 fps in a furball with everything selected and 1 notch on the new enviroment slider. I have shadows set off but that should change soon as I just got my water blocks for my video cards. I also have it torn apart as I will be doing a MAJOR mod to it and when it gets done I will post what I did.

LawnDart

PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2012, 11:38:42 AM »

The point is that a soldier is what? 10x smaller than the size of a fighter plane, at least. That's at least 10-16 orders of magnitude, like you said. Now if that soldier was a plane at 3000m, you could see even the markings or even it's paint job. In AH, a plane at 3000m is a moving dot.

Again what is your point, size is simply set on the screen by your field of view.

So HTC:
Why render 18 miles if you can barely see past 8-9 miles?
What does it take to run AH max? Why? And how come some can and can't?
Is updating the game graphics (any part of it) at the top of your list?
If not, what's holding you guys back from doing it? (besides angry customers with old PCs, I'm sure you could turn it into a toggle option with on or off so they won't be affected.

I really have no idea what your asking, because you seem to not understand that you have to see the ground?

As far as what can and can not, it is far to large a scope of a question to simply answer. I run max on my machine with the exception of soft shadows.

But you appear to me to be grinding axes and not asking questions.

Because of questions like this.

You seem to not realize we just did a fairly complicated graphics update the last version. And what piece of the graphics are you referring to , once again it is a huge scope question. Are you speaking of the art work, terrain, some specific effect, the user inter face, Or something else? Because we pretty much are always working some piece of the graphics.

HiTech

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2012, 11:56:58 AM »
 :salute HiTech :rock

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2012, 12:22:00 PM »
The point is that a soldier is what? 10x smaller than the size of a fighter plane, at least. That's at least 10-16 orders of magnitude, like you said. Now if that soldier was a plane at 3000m, you could see even the markings or even it's paint job. In AH, a plane at 3000m is a moving dot.

So apparently, voicing my opinion and trying to learn more about the game design is a bad thing. Yea, definitely. :rolleyes: I really could not care less what others posts if all they do is try to bash me because I'm "hating" the game. Once again, I'm not. Hitech is answering most of my questions and I appreciate it. You (plural) on the other hand, is ignoring the questions, landing as much insults as you can without turning into Skuzzy's food and assuming because I'm not an "adult" like you (plural) that I'm clueless. Well I got news, I do have a clue, I do not care for your comments unless you work at HTC, is a computer expert or developed your own PC game, and I do not gives a rat's bum about your insults, CO, squadmate or some random scrub Ill wipe the floor with or not. Thank you, have a nice day.

So HTC:
Why render 18 miles if you can barely see past 8-9 miles?
What does it take to run AH max? Why? And how come some can and can't?
If not, what's holding you guys back from doing it? (besides angry customers with old PCs, I'm sure you could turn it into a toggle option with on or off so they won't be affected.
trying to compare aces high with a retail box game is not a good idea. i don't think you quite understand the full differences between games like arma2 or bf3 and games like aces high. the manner in which objects are rendered and displayed, especially at distances is different from ah. take the environment for example. in games like arma, everything beyond the actual map grid are simply overlays, not solid objects and that includes the sky. the actual viewing range is limited as well, shorter than the distance in ah. in ah when you look at a mountain 18 miles away, it actually exists in the environment, it's not just a rendered image overlay. in arma2 there are limitations to map sizes to maintain highest resolution objects, the common recommended limit is 20km x 20km with 10m cells. some people are going bigger (especially in the mods) but they are sacrificing object image quality by using bigger cell sizes. you're actually playing inside a cube, get outside that cube and the world ceases to exist. i think the maps in the main arenas are generally 250 miles x 250 miles, with almost unlimited altitude.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2012, 12:23:30 PM »
Again what is your point, size is simply set on the screen by your field of view.
What I'm trying to say is that how come we can't clearly see troops or even planes at 3K in AH? It can be done as proven by Arma while still rendering a large area like AH does.
I really have no idea what your asking, because you seem to not understand that you have to see the ground?
:headscratch: I can see the ground at 3K but I can't see what a plane looks like or a parachute?

As far as what can and can not, it is far to large a scope of a question to simply answer. I run max on my machine with the exception of soft shadows.

But you appear to me to be grinding axes and not asking questions.
Not my intent if it appears that way.

Because of questions like this.
You seem to not realize we just did a fairly complicated graphics update the last version. And what piece of the graphics are you referring to , once again it is a huge scope question. Are you speaking of the art work, terrain, some specific effect, the user inter face, Or something else? Because we pretty much are always working some piece of the graphics.

I already said "any part" of the graphics. Explosions, textures, landscape, special effects, post processes, any of those. I'm asking what part are you going to work on or wish to change next? Or do you focus more on adding new vehicles/planes rather than what we already have? I understand HTC is a small company, but it'd be nice to have something to look forward.

HiTech

semp

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2012, 12:25:43 PM »
trying to compare aces high with a retail box game is not a good idea. i don't think you quite understand the full differences between games like arma2 or bf3 and games like aces high. the manner in which objects are rendered and displayed, especially at distances is different from ah. take the environment for example. in games like arma, everything beyond the actual map grid are simply overlays, not solid objects and that includes the sky. the actual viewing range is limited as well, shorter than the distance in ah. in ah when you look at a mountain 18 miles away, it actually exists in the environment, it's not just a rendered image overlay. in arma2 there are limitations to map sizes to maintain highest resolution objects, the common recommended limit is 20km x 20km with 10m cells. some people are going bigger (especially in the mods) but they are sacrificing object image quality by using bigger cell sizes. you're actually playing inside a cube, get outside that cube and the world ceases to exist. i think the maps in the main arenas are generally 250 miles x 250 miles, with almost unlimited altitude.

But then why render 18 miles away? That's what I'm also puzzled about. You can barely see anything past 8 miles. Why not reduce it to 10 miles?

semp

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2012, 12:31:13 PM »
But then why render 18 miles away? That's what I'm also puzzled about. You can barely see anything past 8 miles. Why not reduce it to 10 miles?

You have the detail sliders to limit visible details and distances.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2012, 12:37:50 PM »
You have the detail sliders to limit visible details and distances.

Its a max on my PC. Trees and terrain objects disappear long before 18 miles.

semp