Author Topic: Can Anyone Run MAX Everything?  (Read 16837 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: Can Anyone Run MAX Everything?
« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2012, 07:37:21 AM »
Use AlacrityPC and tell it which CPU you want TrackIR to use and set the affinity there.  :aok

I think you are saying that TrackIR will work better if you set it to run on a dedicated core of the CPU? interesting. Also, what is "affinity"?  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Ripley

• Copper Member
« Reply #121 on: September 06, 2012, 08:31:43 AM »
OMG, I love it when people post that they spike around 180 fps at one moment, then squeak about studders in the next. (usually around 12 fps)
Turn On Your VSync.
It's not just AHII using it.
I would recommend that people use some type of half assd research, before posting crap.

Coogan

Hoping this isn't directed at me, as i do indeed have a 120hz monitor (sorry, left that out) and i DO have vsync enabled, not to mention that at 120 FPS if i had vsync off I would see screen tearing, not microsutter. I guess I should also state that I have an i7 2600k and a gtx 580 in my computer and do not have a problem running 120 fps steady on my computer with my current in game settings. Even when the microstutter occurrs, the FPS do not drop.

Semp, thank you for the info, I shall try that next time I'm at my home PC. It makes sense that its probably more related to the TrackIR than it is AH.

And Chalenge, "affinity" is just that, setting a program to run on either one or multiple specific cores. I tried doing this with AH, but it never crossed my mind to set the trackIR's affinity. I'll give that a shot as well.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:34:49 AM by Ripley »
Ripley

4th Fighter Group "Debden Eagles"

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: September 06, 2012, 05:32:13 PM »
Aw man Ripley, I'm truly sorry that I  worded my post that way.  That was not directed at you in any way. 

Coogan  :frown:
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: September 07, 2012, 01:06:01 AM »
And Chalenge, "affinity" is just that, setting a program to run on either one or multiple specific cores. I tried doing this with AH, but it never crossed my mind to set the trackIR's affinity. I'll give that a shot as well.

Yes. I do not recall if TrackIR has an affinity setting but I do know there are other means to set it (I think in Windows) but it should be done in AlacrityPC for the best results (my meaning in what I said).
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2012, 09:51:20 PM »
Boy I posted what the OP wanted an no comments.....  :cry
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2012, 10:15:32 PM »
if you have vsync disable then enable it.  your frame rate should be 60 unless you have a 120 mhz monitor.  the other thing i found out is that microstutters happen if the speed on your trakir is too high.  I have mine set to 1 and smooth set to 10 under profile.  under the camera tab I have status led brightness at 255, light filter threshold at 240 and video processing mode set to precision and precision mode smoothing set to 100.  this is the profile i use and I used to get mini stutters like you but it was more like the speed was too fast.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?kwndou3zc19bdqz

semp

My TrackIr settings are alomost identical to yours and I can confirm no microstutters as well.  Great minds, eh?   :D

Never thought about assigning the TrackIr process to a single cpu (I have a 6-core AMD)....hmmmmmm.... :)
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2012, 06:09:22 AM »
I ran Max settings on my rig... A Radeon HD 5770

27-32 fps if I limit AA to x2. I dread to think how low the fps would go if i'd tried any online combat.  :(
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2012, 07:40:56 AM »
lol Dolby. I tried max settings with no aa on my system offline and got stuttering frame rates from 22-45fps. i had to really dummy things down to run any aa.

amd phenom2 x4 965 3.4ghz
xfx double d radeon 6950 2gb
8gb patriot g2 1333mhz
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2012, 08:28:58 AM »
Yes. I do not recall if TrackIR has an affinity setting but I do know there are other means to set it (I think in Windows) but it should be done in AlacrityPC for the best results (my meaning in what I said).

So AlactrityPC is a seperate program that manages which cores various processes run on? what are the risks of loading a new program to manage chip use that compete with the OS?

Sorry I'm not that software savvy.   :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2012, 08:38:33 AM »
AlacrityPC does much more than just core managing. You can also shut down processes before gameplay. If I have understood its behaviour correctly, it uses Windows' tools and commands in a nice one click interface. I'm still using FSAutoStart, its predecessor on XP...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2012, 01:01:10 PM »
AlacrityPC does much more than just core managing. You can also shut down processes before gameplay. If I have understood its behaviour correctly, it uses Windows' tools and commands in a nice one click interface. I'm still using FSAutoStart, its predecessor on XP...

Is it free? I wil llook into it. Not being a sofware/hacker/type I'm get a little nervous using free software from third parties, but I'm getting very interested in system performance optimization.

Thanks for the info.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2012, 01:09:38 PM »
Yes, it's free. Better yet, it doesn't do any permanent changes into your system. You just create a profile to start a game - or any other program for that matter - where you choose which procedures should stop or remain untouched. There's also an option whether the changes would be undone right after the game/program or after a reboot. A reboot will always undo every setting you've configured in any profile. Simply put, it is a list of processes and background programs with a shutdown option for each. A profile is a saved list of your choices added with a command to start a game. Instead of double clicking the game icon you d-click the profile icon.

BTW the old name, FSAutoStart comes from "Flight Simulator Auto Start" which tells us that the guy behind is a virtual pilot himself. Who knows, if he's an AH'er, too?
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2012, 04:42:27 PM »
Yes, it's free. Better yet, it doesn't do any permanent changes into your system. You just create a profile to start a game - or any other program for that matter - where you choose which procedures should stop or remain untouched. There's also an option whether the changes would be undone right after the game/program or after a reboot. A reboot will always undo every setting you've configured in any profile. Simply put, it is a list of processes and background programs with a shutdown option for each. A profile is a saved list of your choices added with a command to start a game. Instead of double clicking the game icon you d-click the profile icon.

BTW the old name, FSAutoStart comes from "Flight Simulator Auto Start" which tells us that the guy behind is a virtual pilot himself. Who knows, if he's an AH'er, too?

that's not really accurate.  I had to reinstall windows because somehow a needed process disabled.  I tried the "undo" function and it totally corrupted windows.  had to do a full reinstall to get my computer to work.  that was the first and last time i used it.  to this day I still dont know what went wrong as I was careful as to which processed I disabled.  after that I never used any program again.  I just manually disable whatever needs to be disabled, after all why have a program adding processes to disable processes?

after that I always used this site to figure out which processes I dont need.

http://www.blackviper.com/

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2012, 12:23:47 AM »
Best way is to learn which processes do what and trim the system permanently so that there are only the bare minimum of processes running.

Of course with Win7 process trimming can actually lead to slowing down the system or errors as it has many processes that rely on eachothers to work.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2012, 08:19:53 AM »
that's not really accurate.  I had to reinstall windows because somehow a needed process disabled.  I tried the "undo" function and it totally corrupted windows.  had to do a full reinstall to get my computer to work.  that was the first and last time i used it.  to this day I still dont know what went wrong as I was careful as to which processed I disabled.  after that I never used any program again.  I just manually disable whatever needs to be disabled, after all why have a program adding processes to disable processes?

after that I always used this site to figure out which processes I dont need.

http://www.blackviper.com/

semp

Good to know. My experience is with the older version and on XP. Newer OS'es and a newer version of the program may interact differently. Also, I used some common sense and knowledge based on *surprise!* BlackViper's site when determining what to disable.

Kotisivuni