Author Topic: screen captures of airfield objects?  (Read 485 times)

Offline texasfighter

• Copper Member
screen captures of airfield objects?
« on: September 05, 2012, 10:44:42 AM »
I have trouble identifying objects on an airfield. Ammo versus GV shed, etc. Obviously hangers and fuel tanks are easy to spot but its the other objects I have difficulty with. I have the maps but I don't have a print of them so I can look at while flying over the airfield trying to id objects. I could drive a GV around an airfield but that would take a long time. If there are screen captures online somewhere, that would be a lot easier.

I will try to print the airfields but been having issues with printer. If I get them printed, I'll try flying over fields in the TA to id stuff.
Thanks!
Tex

"If you wanted a glamor picture to send home you sat in a Mustang, when you wanted to come back from a mission you sat in a Thunderbolt."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: screen captures of airfield objects?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 10:48:41 AM »
Pand has a nice.set of maps posted. He label all items and even added an index. All fields are layout the same for the most part.

Scroll down in the help section to "clipboard maps". There is a link to Pands in there.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:52:23 AM by The Fugitive »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: screen captures of airfield objects?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 02:21:27 PM »
I have trouble identifying objects on an airfield. Ammo versus GV shed, etc. Obviously hangers and fuel tanks are easy to spot but its the other objects I have difficulty with. I have the maps but I don't have a print of them so I can look at while flying over the airfield trying to id objects. I could drive a GV around an airfield but that would take a long time. If there are screen captures online somewhere, that would be a lot easier.

I will try to print the airfields but been having issues with printer. If I get them printed, I'll try flying over fields in the TA to id stuff.
Thanks!
Tex

The airfield maps are on your clipboard in flight, just right-click the clipboard.