Author Topic: The Single Best Thing You Can Do As a Pilot...  (Read 3747 times)

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
The Single Best Thing You Can Do As a Pilot...
« on: September 05, 2012, 05:29:36 PM »

Buy a headset and USE IT!!!

I am talking about helping the team's and your S.A. The in-game button is somewhat helpful as a last ditch effort, however there is a much better way.

You are sitting in a field-ack or gv.. You are a F.O. or Air Traffic Controller Give the guys above a heads up before its a problem for them...especially in Furballs. If you see that high pony above a team member who is tracking engaging a con... try saying, "About_to_die you have a high pony circling above you", or "About_to_die, you have a high Pony on your long six, dropping."  or if its closer  "About_to_die, to have a Pony closing fast from above." and finally "About_to_die, break right" If the con is from his 3,4 or 5 o'clock, break left if from 7, 8 or 9
In addition, if you are a picker or are waiting above for the high ponys, typhys and lalas, talk to the guys below.

Oh and the biggest blunder ever, you are chasing a con right up your buddies tail and don't give any warning! You know the con has target fixation or is going try to take someone with him and you don't tell your teammate he's there! So you can get the kill? Really? Or is it, you can't spare $12.95 on a headset and map a button to use it?

In the main arena, it's a team effort. Ask anyone who has flown with me, I try to give updates constantly as I see them but eventually I miss something and get shot at myself (often while warning someone else) only to see 4 guys chasing a con to me from below or something similar.

So in a nutshell, if you aren't engaged in a battle yourself, have your head on a swivel, talk to your buddies and help them out, they will do so for you.

Ps the other night when 50+ Bish were hording against 15 defenders... I bet the defenders, out of necessity, were warning each other like crazy, while the Bish were not.

A heads up, makes all the difference!!!!

other good things you can do
1. Ask before dropping in on a fight
2. Never put a cons nose on your 11,12,or 1 o'clock (talking ho or the appearance of an intention to ho) unless u have no other option.
3. Not gloat on 200
4. Salute
5. Up from a base that is not being vulched!!! (Saves you lives and denies them easy kills)
6. Meet the horde with a horde, pay attention to what is happening arena wide.

Have FUN, it is a game after all. Oh and a funny note... lots of these guys doing crazy stuff in cartoon planes.. would be dead in R.L. where the sky is not the limit, the ground is!
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: The Single Best Thing You Can Do As a Pilot...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 05:35:17 PM »
all very good advice diaster.   :aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 06:29:35 PM »
thanks
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 06:32:58 PM »
Wasn't ready for this quiz...

Coogan <---get em next time

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Chemdawg

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 07:02:11 PM »
Kinda builds up over time doesn't it?  :O

<S> Brother and happy hunting

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 07:34:16 PM »
what if I don't think the MA is for gangs...err I mean..."team work"

what if I don't care about what others are doing in the MA.....

what if.....I don't have "buds" and I am here just to fight/kill red guys......

what if.....I think it is up to YOU to chk your own 6.........

saying that.....its ok if you don't chk my 6  :aok  I know its my 6 to chk not yours....
don't expect me to come "help" you tag team someone....
if you see me fighting....please STAY out.......no matter the nme count......

the only thing you said I agree with is giving a <S>......... not gloating on 200......and not jumping in a 1vs1.....

all kinds of ways to play this game, personally I like my way

rule 1- Always fight....unless the green out number the red then go find a bigger red cloud.

rule2- Always fight no matter the disadvantage you may be at.

rule-3 Always fight till the end, NEVER call for "help"

rule-4 Always fight.....until some friendly decides he wants the red guy you are fighting, then break off and let the friendly have him.

rule-5......and this is the most important..........

ALWAYS FIGHT

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 08:32:05 PM »

5. Up from a base that is not being vulched!!! (Saves you lives and denies them easy kills)

But....but I like upping from capped fields. It makes them waste their ammo killing me (or they smash into the ground trying to kill me) and then the rest of my team can get up. Plus, I don't care for my (or anyone) scores. You can vulch me 15 times and land the kills, but I'll still kill you in a 1v1 fight.  :D  (or at least give it my all  ;)  )

what if I don't think the MA is for gangs...err I mean..."team work"

what if I don't care about what others are doing in the MA.....

what if.....I don't have "buds" and I am here just to fight/kill red guys......

what if.....I think it is up to YOU to chk your own 6.........

saying that.....its ok if you don't chk my 6  :aok  I know its my 6 to chk not yours....
don't expect me to come "help" you tag team someone....
if you see me fighting....please STAY out.......no matter the nme count......

the only thing you said I agree with is giving a <S>......... not gloating on 200......and not jumping in a 1vs1.....

all kinds of ways to play this game, personally I like my way

rule 1- Always fight....unless the green out number the red then go find a bigger red cloud.

rule2- Always fight no matter the disadvantage you may be at.

rule-3 Always fight till the end, NEVER call for "help"

rule-4 Always fight.....until some friendly decides he wants the red guy you are fighting, then break off and let the friendly have him.

rule-5......and this is the most important..........

ALWAYS FIGHT

I like these rules, the sound a lot like the rules I follow....wait....they are the same!  :aok :salute

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 08:37:12 PM »
Always fight  :cheers:
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 09:17:13 PM »
But....but I like upping from capped fields. It makes them waste their ammo killing me (or they smash into the ground trying to kill me) and then the rest of my team can get up. Plus, I don't care for my (or anyone) scores. You can vulch me 15 times and land the kills, but I'll still kill you in a 1v1 fight.  :D  (or at least give it my all  ;)  )

I like these rules, the sound a lot like the rules I follow....wait....they are the same!  :aok :salute

Always fight  :cheers:

As the sun goes down, I move around
Keeping to the shadows
Life, hangs by a thread
And I've heard it said, that I'll not see tomorrow

If that's my destiny, it'll have to be
So I'll face the future
Running out of time
I'm on the line
But I'll go down fighting

Felt the hand of justice
Telling wrong from right
Threw me out upon the street in the middle of the night

Cybernetic heartbeat
Digital precise
Pneumatic fingers nearly had me in their vice

Not begging you
I'm telling you

You won't break me
You won't make me
You won't take me,
Under blood red skies

You won't break me
You won't take me
I'll fight you under
blood red skies

Through a shattered city, watched by laser eyes
Overhead the night squad glides
The decaying paradise

Automatic sniper
With computer sights
Scans the bleak horizon for its victim of the night

They're closing in
They'll never win

You won't break me
You won't take me
You won't make me,
Under blood red skies

You won't break me
You won't take me
I'll fight you under
blood red skies

As the end is drawing near
Standing proud, I won't give in to fear
As I die a legend will be born
I will stand, I will fight
You'll never take me alive
I'll stand my ground
I won't go down

You won't break me
You won't make me
You won't take me,
Under blood red skies

You won't break me
You won't take me
just I'll face you under
blood red skies

You'll never take me alive
I'm telling you
Hands of justice
I will stand, I will fight
Never surrender
As the sun goes down
I won't give in to fear

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 10:56:32 PM »
What's with the "Way of AH"?

Fly however you want. Just know that if you fly like a dweeb, you'll get treated like a dweeb. Oh, and if you try to HO, pick or ram, get the job done. Chances are, you won't survive to try it a second time.  :)

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 11:25:41 PM »
Ink,
I though the concept was MA for teamwork while the DA was for all the "me types" solo engagements etc
Regardless the post was more for new guys anyway. You experts don't need advice :-)
I do second the Fight Fight Fight part but I also like the live live live part. To fight and live is better than to fight and die or run and live.

If I walk the plank,
I'll  do it with a smile.
If I am gonna go down,
I'll go down in style
I'll never surrender I'll never confess.
You left me with nothing,
I worked with less.
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 11:39:35 PM »

If I walk the plank,
If I am gonna go down,
I'll go down in style
I worked with less.

oooOOooo I like this.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 01:08:34 AM »
Oh and the biggest blunder ever, you are chasing a con right up your buddies tail and don't give any warning! You know the con has target fixation or is going try to take someone with him and you don't tell your teammate he's there! So you can get the kill? Really? Or is it, you can't spare $12.95 on a headset and map a button to use it?

Because he makes good bait and if I check 6 him the con following him will follow his break turn/split S stick wobbler  :rofl then I will feel bad for not helping out any further  :old:

Ps the other night when 50+ Bish were hording against 15 defenders... I bet the defenders, out of necessity, were warning each other like crazy, while the Bish were not.

Is this a plee for more efficient hoarding  :eek:

1. Ask before dropping in on a fight

So the 2 guys fighting and the friendly dies, then the con I spared picks me, this has happened so many times as to be almost an exact science, I won't go out of my way to thump someone but if hes there for the taking I will take him  :D

2. Never put a cons nose on your 11,12,or 1 o'clock (talking ho or the appearance of an intention to ho) unless u have no other option.

Thats avoiding a merge if you don't suck you won't HO to start with. Almost everyone will attempt to take a shot on the first merge, I could count on one hand how many have not in the space of a weeks play. It puts them at a disadvantage so its all good from my point of view.

3. Not gloat on 200

Gloating is good  :old:

Spawn in F3 mode and type .ef then wait to be vulched, when he is at 600 tower out then spawn at the opposite end of the runway rinse and repeat theres nothing more annoying for a vulcher  :rofl also type missed me or vulch denied on 200 to really wind them up.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 01:11:35 AM by pervert »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 01:39:01 AM »
Ink,
I though the concept was MA for teamwork while the DA was for all the "me types" solo engagements etc
Regardless the post was more for new guys anyway. You experts don't need advice :-)
I do second the Fight Fight Fight part but I also like the live live live part. To fight and live is better than to fight and die or run and live.

If I walk the plank,
If I am gonna go down,
I'll go down in style
I worked with less.

the "war" was an ADDED component to the MA.... to promote COMBAT.......it is called Aces High for a reason...first there were just planes.......planes fighting planes, long before my time.....then the war and GV's were added :headscratch: not sure which came first......

my point is the war has NO meaning whats so ever...and in the greater scheme of things the war and "winning the game" is a false win, for you win nothing the map gets reset and it goes on and on....the only way to "win" this game is if YOU get out of it your moneys worth of "fun"

when I first saw AH it was at my landlords house....he explained that he was fighting real people...me never having a computer before(this was in 04 I was 34 years old) thought this was the cats ass.....you mean I get to fight and kill guys all around the world.....NO ONE really dies and NO prison time..... :x :x :x :x :x :x :x...sign me up :x  :x :x :x :x

to me knowing that NO ONE really dies....why avoid combat in a combat game(not saying you but the huge hoards and others)

first for me it was all about the killing of other men, then I started to get good and lasting longer in the red hoard, with over 15,000 "deaths",  fighting ALL fights.... gave me an insane case of SA.......killing 3/5 at a time in the MA became my obsession...I have won up to a 7vs1 killed 5 of them and 2 limped home...(was bounced by a 38 right after which was fine I was bingo ammo)...if you can imagine the adrenaline rush from that 15 minute fight.. then you meet up with guys who really know how to fight, and actually kill me :furious :furious  and my blood starts to rush..... literally I will be shaking from adrenaline......safe........ in my home............... next to my wife................. kids safely sleeping away................

so I completely disagree with that last statement :salute

P.S.

AH is one of the greatest thing created by man  :salute HTC

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 05:00:50 AM »
What's with the "Way of AH"?

Fly however you want. Just know that if you fly like a dweeb, you'll get treated like a dweeb. Oh, and if you try to HO, pick or ram, get the job done. Chances are, you won't survive to try it a second time.  :)

:old: Do not let your enemy choose how they will treat you, ...
... choose how you will treat your enemy, for they are your enemy. :old:

Allow for maximum ch200 whines and tears from your enemy for confirmation of pwnage applied. :old:
Reply to your pwned enemy's nasty PMs with a smile and a wink and a sense of job well done. :old:
Reply with the magic word "indeed" as often as appropriate to add a layer of intelligence. :old:
Have fun with your enemy when they refuse to do the same due to pwnage applied. :old:
Honour your Fighter Pilot Heros, for they art awesome and mighty. :old:
Beg forgiveness for moment(s) of weakness. :old:
Tweet your peeps, on occasion. :old:
Stay strong and healthy. :old:
Visit the TA. :old:

These are the ten commandments for all Whos of Whoville, obey and respect their wisdom indeed. :old:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 06:41:52 AM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)