Author Topic: Disco and return to flight - Three bugs witnessed:  (Read 1380 times)

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
Disco and return to flight - Three bugs witnessed:
« on: September 06, 2012, 06:43:06 PM »
After Discoing and returning to flight,  I have experienced 3 bugs:

1) When you are carrying drop tanks prior to disco,   there are no drop tanks when you return to flight:  While flying P51D with 1 drop tank, I have repeatedly have no drop tanks after returning to flight.   Not sure if the same bug occurs if I would have  two drop tanks attached prior to the disco though.  Other squad mates have noticed the same issue.

2) In a TA152,  when my engine was dead and was gliding back to the airfield at 10k,  I discoed.   When put back in flight,  the message says  'your AI bailed out of the plane'  and I am free falling back to earth.

3) Enemy Airbase does not flash after being put back in flight:  During this past weekend when i'm flying the P51D over enemy knight airbase,  I disco and when returned to flight I am still in the radar ring and the base is not flashing.     On a second observation last night,  I noticed enemy dar bar in  2,11 sector and friendly rook trying to locate it while he was in the same sector as the enemy dar bar.  The dar bar  moves east into 3,11 sector through our radar rings   but never shows up on the radar  and does not flash our bases.  Our bases had complete coverage of 3,11,7   3,11,4  and  3,11,1  The con then proceeds to fly north into 3,12  without flashing bases,  then back west into 2,12 sector.    Both me and another rook player could never find the con,  and it eventually disappeared in  the 1,12 sector.  We were never able to catch up with the dar bar.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 06:46:39 PM by gldnbb »
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Disco and return to flight - Three bugs witnessed:
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 10:43:08 PM »
I believe disco'd aeroplanes do not show up on dot radar either.   Also on reconnect wep is fully used up.

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 09:16:44 AM »
The original poster's observations might explain why some bombers are suddenly appearing above the strats at 30,000 feet without having generated a Dar bar on thier way to the strats.

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 12:13:35 PM »
I almost always "4/5 discos" get AI bailed. One time I have reentered my airplane still on climb.
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline shdo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 01:42:52 PM »
Had a case the other night when 3 of us were taking '29s to the strats when one of our guys discoed.  His set of bombers went from being 300 yards to being 5.5K back and by the time he got back in he was a dot.  He said he was going at least 40kts slower than he had been when he discoed. 

shdo

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 05:05:11 PM »
The original poster's observations might explain why some bombers are suddenly appearing above the strats at 30,000 feet without having generated a Dar bar on thier way to the strats.

that was happening long before the reconnect feature was added though.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 07:39:27 PM »
Had a case the other night when 3 of us were taking '29s to the strats when one of our guys discoed.  His set of bombers went from being 300 yards to being 5.5K back and by the time he got back in he was a dot.  He said he was going at least 40kts slower than he had been when he discoed. 

shdo

I bet he was higher too...by design, the AI puts you into a shallow climb on the heading you were on when you disco.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 08:18:20 PM »
Trim and the trim indicators also get messed up when returning to flight after a disco.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 08:42:25 PM »
Small price to pay as compared to losing 3xb29s.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 09:46:46 AM »
Ill check on the bugs,

But the things that are intentional and are not bugs are wep used up and the AI always bailed when the plane has certain types of damaged like all engines dead.

HiTech

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 09:54:25 AM »
Ill check on the bugs,

But the things that are intentional and are not bugs are wep used up and the AI always bailed when the plane has certain types of damaged like all engines dead.

HiTech

Why wep used up, when wep was not close to used up prior to disco?

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 10:34:57 AM »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 02:08:21 PM »
Why wep used up, when wep was not close to used up prior to disco?

Certain things are not to be discussed.  :noid
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 05:25:18 PM »
Actually, I had forgotten about this feature, until lastnight.  Was about 45min. in flight with my 17.  I  dropped with marginal success, then disco...  I logged back on ready to get in a Hurri, with 25% fuel.  That was not the case though. I logged on and all of a sudden I'm back with my babies at 20k.

Thank you HTC for this feature.  :cheers:

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 09:26:18 PM »
I discoed in Lancs and came back to my planes about 30 seconds later. About 15seconds back in my planes i get aceshigh.exe has quit working. So I logged back in to find that it would not put me back in my lancs.