Author Topic: freedom of speech  (Read 5469 times)

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
Re: freedom of speech
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2012, 01:14:20 PM »
A player spelled out the male reproduction organ with CV waypoints a few days ago. I have also seen folks draw said organ with CV waypoints.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2012, 01:33:18 PM »
LOL VOLRON....

Glad to see ya again bud =)
JG 52

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2012, 01:42:33 PM »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
JG 52

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2012, 02:18:11 PM »
What? Im just saying this is  a very happy thread.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2012, 02:37:35 PM »
Mr. Hitech.  I was chat banned for clicking on Alpini's name and clicking on "report chat".  Period.  Nothing else.  Do you comprehend that simple fact?  If not cancel my account please.

you dont seem to understand that they will not discuss publicly why somebody got banned.  if you really want to know then send an email like everybody suggested.  they in turn will reply to you why it happened, if it wasnt warranted then they will remove it and banned whoever did it to you instead.

that's basically it.  either send an email or forget it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2012, 02:44:13 PM »
Love the sig guncrasher.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2012, 02:51:43 PM »
Did you intend to add the to conversation or address the issue I raised or are just overfond of sheep?

I can see your stay here may be short lived.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2012, 02:53:23 PM »
I can see your stay here may be short lived.

Yep guys delusional, no such thing as overfond of Sheep.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2012, 03:54:24 PM »
A player spelled out the male reproduction organ with CV waypoints a few days ago. I have also seen folks draw said organ with CV waypoints.

I remember lots of different patterns created with CV's. Used to crack me up but rarely see it anymore.

For the rest, I saw the accused on bish in control of 217 but it was in a far and pointless corner. The most he could have done is prevent others from using it for defense. The rest of his squad was on another country for sure, but I don't believe it was the country even close to the cv area.

The only real answer for this dickishness and for good gameplay in general, is the cv can only be held by a person on or in range of (purple) said cv. But that is a wishlist item.

For the ban, possibly you using chat report was the cause for whatever ban was received. Possibly they reviewed chat and found nothing at all and felt it was malicious and instead banned you. That is of course taking fully and only into account your insistence of no other possible reason beyond .report chat.

Good luck either way, don't let a game get you worked up, everyone plays their own way whether it seems to be acceptable to others or not. And like your reference to freedom of speech, this is how it should be, to a point as someone else pointed out. What is that point? That is they grey area that makes the BBS so much fun. :lol

Bob

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2012, 04:38:54 PM »
. The vast majority of "cheat" accusations are just plain wrong.

I got called a "mod" last nite because i flew past a wirble in town, to kill a tank. LOL.. i didn't even know moderators had spy powers!

:rofl
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2012, 04:39:57 PM »
perdue3 and his minions are showing their
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2012, 07:32:21 PM »
What better use to spend your $15 on a month.

Gee, I don't know...how about trying to shoot down a bad guy with your aircraft?  :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Online Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2012, 07:39:17 PM »
Wow!  What a self righteous bunch we are!

Maybe it was the Topic:  "freedom of speech" that got you all trippin'............  I dunno  :headscratch:

A few have been right on point, and I have learned that no one really has been able to interpret many of HiTech's posts  :headscratch:  Sarcasm?  Unforgiving Hammer of Truth?  or Priest-like Wisdom?  I will gamble on the latter ......

One thing that I can agree in regards to foont, yes there is a limit to what HTC may want to have placed on the forums and or chat buffers.  I certainly, have exceeded that and have had my privileges suspended for periods of time.  I have also received chat suspension, without any idea of what happened (even thought I might have clicked squelch).  An email to HTC, could possibly have given me answers.  I just think they are busy enough than to examine logs every time  someone is muted. 

Only the suspected perpetrator or possibly HTC know whether or not the chat was used to divulge CV location to another country.  THIS HiTech has been very clear that he does not tolerate.  The dot report feature in game should be useful to locate in logs for HTC's review.   I believe that everyone has the right to bring to their attention actions that violate the company's policies.  After that it is purely up to them to decide what to do and I believe that it is their policy not to discuss what actions were/or might be taken against any player.

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2012, 10:31:40 PM »
Either way, accusing someone of anything without proof or prior knowledge is not cool. What is the definition af CV abuse anyway?

Those with the highest rank may do what they want with the CV. No need in whining about it unless you are rooting for a new CV control system. In the end, whine with all of your might, I still have your boat.
He wasn't spying he got mad because people accused him of it
so he decided to miss with all the bish cv groups to get back at
a few players, and this went on for hours because of his lower rank
That's the abuse part of it.