Author Topic: Computer controlled 5" puffy should not damage friendly aircraft  (Read 5789 times)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Computer controlled 5" puffy should not damage friendly aircraft
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2012, 12:21:49 PM »
I have never been hit by friendly player controlled 5 inch puffy ack.

I didn't know it was possible.

I'm pretty sure it isn't possible.  This discussion is about the auto-puffy, not player-controlled 5" puffy.

I have flown bombers formations directly at a CV group and kill that CV group and never took a hit .   I’ve attempted to do that with P38L and took lots of damage.

Maybe we need a new dot command or clipboard display that shows your plane's damage points:  873/1250 (your plane has taken damage even though you may not have actually felt it or lost any important parts).
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2012, 05:19:51 PM »
:rofl

Funny how it would seem that this post...

...directed as someone else, who still plays, caused this guy...

...to quit. :noid

At least this is how it reads to me. :rofl

To simplify further, I think he wants to be coddled by his entertainment developer(s).

Traveler you are changing the topic, to a general complaint about puffy ack. Obviously that has been around for a long time, and just like your re posting of the great myth that fighters are hit more then bombers (pure and utter nonsenses).

I have seen many complaints about flack that then also state, well if it going to shoot at me, it should also be able to hit the plane following me, to which we respond it all ready does.

So I can remember many request for it to hit friendly's.(the exact opposite request of the OP) I may have missed them, but before this thread, I can not remember one post requesting the flack not to hit friendlies.

I still see humor in these request, you are complaining that ack is to accurate and kills you to much when you fly into it with a fighter. Pand is complaining that the ack is not accurate enough, because it hit him when the ack  was aiming at a different player.

HiTech

Hey now, finding humor in the complaint box, even if only after digging really deep into its corners, isn't acceptable! ( :rofl :aok )

Again great myth, there is zero, nada, nothing different about shooting at bombers vs fighters. Bombers can simply survive more hits.

HiTech

<insert gripe about getting insta-jibbed/killed/wronged "every time" by that 0.1% golden auto-puffy round>
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 05:23:54 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2012, 09:32:41 PM »
I've never been hit by computer controlled friendly puffy ack.

I don't hide in any ack.

coincidence?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2012, 09:36:02 PM »
coincidence?

Probably.

Every time I was hit by friendly puffy, I was trying to shoot down enemy buffs ib CV or factories. :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2012, 10:31:17 PM »
sorry about the edit

I meant that I don't hang out in friendly cv ack but I forgot about the HQ and city ack where I spend much time.

Still haven't ever been hit by any friendly puffy ack.

I was wondering if our puffy ack has a similar issue as the bismark had with the swordfish and slow speed targets.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 10:36:17 PM by icepac »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2012, 10:33:36 PM »
That is bizarre because I spend much of my time over HQ and the strats. complex and still haven't been hit yet.

I usually lose about one fighter per tour to that. Last tour it happened to be a Me 163  :lol

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wagger

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2012, 07:25:35 PM »
There is no such thing as friendly fire.  why do you think the fighters did not follow the bombers on their bomb runs.  Ever know that neither did the enemy fighters in Europe.\

Offline fbEagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2012, 10:23:31 AM »
IMHO All friendly auto-ack should be able to hit you. If you follow the enemy into your own ack your more than likely to get hit by it. This now brings up another concern. CV puffy is not nearly up to snuff.  :salute    :noid
<Insert witty remark here>

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2012, 03:59:02 PM »
IMHO All friendly auto-ack should be able to hit you.

it already can.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2012, 04:35:14 PM »
BAM! Another wish granted! hehe
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2012, 09:26:05 PM »
So to recap.

Bombers are as likely hit as fighters from puffy ack. (assuming the same speed, G'loading and distance)
But bombers are "tougher" than fighters, and as such are less likely to be destroyed.
Bombers also fly in formation and as a result they have numerical superiority over a single plane.

but...

Fighters are faster than bombers (speed decreases the chance of being hit)
Fighters can pull more G's than bombers (decreases the chance of being hit)
Fighters as a result of their faster speed can keep distance from ack better than bombers (decreases the chance of being hit)

Additionally Damage in a bomber VS a fighter is different.  Losing an elevator or aileron as an example, is hardly a concern in a heavy bomber, but could be crippling in a fighter. So as a result even non destroying damage is taken more seriously in a fighter than a bomber.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2012, 10:55:25 PM »
Fighters are faster than bombers (speed decreases the chance of being hit)
Fighters can pull more G's than bombers (decreases the chance of being hit)
Fighters as a result of their faster speed can keep distance from ack better than bombers (decreases the chance of being hit)

All are bad assumptions.

Record a few flights of buffs passing through puffy and what you will find is that the worst approach on a bomber formation while it is in puffy is from the rear. The reason is simple. Your merge speed is greatly reduced coming from the rear even when you are diving. You also have to pass just as much ack as the bomber has. Because you are covering more ground and/or pulling G's you also are more likely to run smack into puffy precisely because you increase your exposure time to the aiming box around the bomber.

Just as any other time the only way you should attack a bomber is from the front and concerning puffy you should avoid the stuff like the plague. Either hit the bombers before they enter puffy or hit them after.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2012, 07:26:54 PM »
Ack does not discriminate, and friendly planes were shot down by friendly ack on many an occasion.

True story -
22 February 1945 - after Admiral Mitscher ordered Enterprise to take Saratoga's place in close night support.  (This was after Saratoga had been damaged in a Kamikaze attacks the day before) -
Early on 22 February she launched 8 planes to search for Sara's missing pilots.  Unfortunately, two of these planes broke through a low 500-foot cloud ceiling right over the fire support ships during an air alert,
were mistaken for enemy aircraft and shot down.  One crew of three was lost, the other piloted by Ens. Henry G. Hinrichs USNR was picked up by a patrol craft which also mistook the men for Japanese and had the
rail lined with armed bluejackets in view of the enemy's propensity to toss hand grenades at would-be rescuers.  Fortunately, the "loud, continuous, and explosive use of strong American invectives convinced them otherwise";
so much so that the PCs skipper jumped over the side to aid in the rescue.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2012, 07:55:49 AM »
I can fly a spit 14 over enemy strats at 415mph at 34,000 feet wildly changing altitude and heading yet get killed by the first or second puffy ack hit but I rarely ever hear any ack  hits while in a bomber going slow.

I will try the high spit 14 going slow like a bomber and see if it is any different than while going fast.

Offline TWC_Angel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2012, 10:17:51 AM »
Just tossing bits of thought's in on this matter.
The buffs survival rate vs auto puffy is fairly good. So, this being said as Fighters survival rate vs auto puffy is fairly poor (trick is stay out of it  :D ).
So If the Bombers are IB to the Carrier and the Auto Ack fails to kill them, then is that not a dead CV by default? (not counting enemy pilots ability to Miss the target)
Now stick with me here.. If bombers are unable to be completely destroyed..i.e. puffy ack fails as both a deterrent and defense. How do you stop said bombers?
Ya hit them from beyond the ack range on their way in! <-----Not entirely feasible 100% of the time? Your right. Fighters spotting bombers and diving in or climbing out to engage
is the only way to guarantee that the bombers do not do their thing and receive an easy kill on the CV and end what ever epic fights may be abound.
Issue is the Friendly fighters that go in and do the ack's job get fairly chewed up in the process.  Many a tower have quickly followed attempting to kill Buff's b4 they dropped on a carrier.

To sum it up. The CV actually works against the defending pilot and to the advantage of the higher damage receiving Buffs. Its funny that the friendly fire will clear the enemies 6.  :rolleyes:

Whats the fix guys? Say tata to the cv's every time? Or hope u got a skipper on board that knows his stuff?

IGN: Angel
DGSII: I./JG1
-=Top*Gun=-
"Guaranteed, knock-down-dragged-out dogfight.       
       Every time."    ((♥ That 190))