Author Topic: Remember 9/11  (Read 980 times)

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
Re: Remember 9/11
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2012, 07:12:39 AM »
That was fascinating and horrifying at the same time...

Indeed it is.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2012, 10:03:43 AM »
Its understandable but interesting how the date effects people from different parts of the country, If your not from the tri state area of NY, NJ or Penn. Your perspective is a bit different. Because while it effected you as Americans. It still didnt happen in your back yard. The reality of it isnt as close

Here with most residents there is rarely more then 1 or 2 degrees of separation between yourself and someone who died or was there. And while even you may personally know or know of one. Most of us here knew or knew of several with rarely more then 1 degree of separation.

If your next door neighbors house burned down and everyone in it died. It would be a travesty to you and we would all agree it was a travesty. But fact of the matter is. While we may know of those people. we didnt know these people. After a while for us it would be. "Ok enough already.the house burned down and people died. Bad break for them." While for you it would still be personal.

Here. Most of us knew these people. It is personal. I knew those two fathers I mentioned above. zero degrees of separation.

This is true.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2012, 10:14:43 AM »
Its understandable but interesting how the date effects people from different parts of the country, If your not from the tri state area of NY, NJ or Penn. Your perspective is a bit different. Because while it effected you as Americans. It still didnt happen in your back yard. The reality of it isnt as close

Here with most residents there is rarely more then 1 or 2 degrees of separation between yourself and someone who died or was there. And while even you may personally know or know of one. Most of us here knew or knew of several with rarely more then 1 degree of separation.

If your next door neighbors house burned down and everyone in it died. It would be a travesty to you and we would all agree it was a travesty. But fact of the matter is. While we may know of those people. we didnt know these people. After a while for us it would be. "Ok enough already.the house burned down and people died. Bad break for them." While for you it would still be personal.

Here. Most of us knew these people. It is personal. I knew those two fathers I mentioned above. zero degrees of separation.

Amen Dred........not saying that it doesnt hurt everyone in the country, its a deep wound for sure.....but how you worded it, and being from Pennsylvania, and working in a Region where all my co workers are all from  NY (LI and Manhattan) and NJ... it is exactly how i feel...right or wrong

Thank you  :salute
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2012, 11:04:06 AM »
We are reminded of it every day, can't avoid it..
I wish we could..

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2012, 01:05:26 PM »
 :salute
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS