Author Topic: Turning/diving/breaking away; in any good fighter  (Read 1201 times)

Offline ViktorT

• Zinc Member
Turning/diving/breaking away; in any good fighter
« on: September 09, 2012, 07:54:04 PM »
I would like to request some help with turning,diving, and breaking away in any good fighter plane. When I say turning I mean turning and breaking away from a plane. I'm not the best at that and almost always end up shot. I would also like to request some help in diving in on a plane and shooting it down if anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it greatly, thank you for your time.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Turning/diving/breaking away; in any good fighter
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 08:41:53 PM »
I'm sure one of the trainers will stop, if not a couple of them, but to help yourself out, stop in the Training Arena when ever you log on. The Trainers hang out there and they are IDed in there and you can ask them for help there. Stopping in the DA each time you log in can concintrate your learning. 10 minutes in there is like an hour in the main arenas.

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 08:15:41 AM »
Here's some videos Ive tossed together that may be of help.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE4C59347B00&feature=view_all
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 10:27:53 AM »
I am no trainer...but breaking away from the baddie is not a good idea,... you turn into him :aok

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 12:30:57 PM »
I am no trainer...but breaking away from the baddie is not a good idea,... you turn into him :aok

Ditto.  Also while doing the turn, do not commence a flat turn. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 02:38:48 PM »
Vik,

I'm usually in the TA most evenings between 9pm and 11 pm est.

You've been given some good advice in this thread and I'd rather go over it in the TA than on the forum so I dont have much to add here except that a plane is a plane they all have 2 wings and a prop,some just do some things better than others!

:salute

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 04:16:03 PM »
I would like to request some help with turning,diving, and breaking away in any good fighter plane. When I say turning I mean turning and breaking away from a plane. I'm not the best at that and almost always end up shot. I would also like to request some help in diving in on a plane and shooting it down if anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it greatly, thank you for your time.

Go to Netaces.org and read every article on that site and then go schedule some training time with a trainer.  It is important to go to Netaces.org first and read the articles, this way your training time with a trainer will be that much more productive because you'll have the knowledge to be able to focus on the areas you need help in.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 05:38:02 PM »
Go to Netaces.org and read every article on that site and then go schedule some training time with a trainer.  It is important to go to Netaces.org first and read the articles, this way your training time with a trainer will be that much more productive because you'll have the knowledge to be able to focus on the areas you need help in.

ack-ack

Ahh yes words of wisedom! this make it much easier to help players as the trainers can consentrate of BFM/ACM and not have to explain what each and every term means.

Often I find I spend more time explain what a merge or break turn is than it takes to show the moves!

Thx for supplying the link,one of these days I'm gonna actually learn how to use a computer!!!!

:salute

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 09:19:32 PM »
Ditto.  Also while doing the turn, do not commence a flat turn. 

high speed plane........ dive into...... a turning plane..... climb into....depending on speed of yourself and the speed of enemy......depending on the enemy around you.....depending on........ :rofl

very steep learning curve in AH....good luck and most importantly have fun :aok

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 05:18:46 AM »
General rule for 90% of the cases in AH where a fast con is diving on you, if possible, a left or right hand turn with the steepest dive possible. Let's you get speed, lets you use that E you just acquired, and let's you avoid a shot from the enemy, especially the faster he's going. There are exceptions though. Those you just have to figure out as you learn.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline ViktorT

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 06:06:05 AM »
Thanks guys!

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 01:16:31 PM »