Author Topic: 0% at 25% for strat targets (grading damage on a curve in a sense like towns)  (Read 213 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
towns are capturable when around 75% of their buildings are destroyed.

strat factories should also be graded on a curve and should be considered 0% when they hit 25% just like towns.

it is not realistic to expect buffs to drop every single individual building from 25-30k 100 miles behind enemy lines. ive yet to see any factory below 20%.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Title too long
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 05:25:07 AM »
Disagree.

Factories don't have a on/off effect like towns have. Towns can only be captured once a specific threshold is reached. Factories (and the city). Have a gradually effect form the very start, from the first to the last building destroyed, they do not have any threshold. That is the main difference between those two target types.And it's not even measured in percent, but in minutes.
Your proposal just makes it easier to get the maximum downtime effect of 150 minutes, but I do not see any need for that. 20% strat status gives 126 minutes object downtime already, that is pretty much. I do not see any need to increase that.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
0% at 25% for strat targets (grading damage on a curve in a sense like towns)
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 11:41:57 AM »
ive yet to see any factory below 20%.

Simply means not enough effort is going into taking it down.  When the effort is put forth, you'll see it below 10%.  But as is, from what it sounds like, factories are only being nibbled on by a few players with no real effort. :aok  If Swoops decided to do his raids, then you'll see significant damage being dealt. :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.