Author Topic: Fifty MM Cannon  (Read 503 times)

Offline smoe

• Silver Member
Fifty MM Cannon
« on: September 15, 2012, 11:05:31 AM »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Fifty MM Cannon
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 11:37:40 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNaaJxfeRr8&feature=related

Are those self-guiding rounds or what?
No, same gun as the 50mm on our Me410.

The experiment on the Me262 was considered a failure and the idea was abandoned.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 01:45:47 PM »
Speaking of which... has anyone else tested out the HE damage of the 50mm on the Me410 yet?
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 02:03:18 PM »
50mm takes out a b17 in 1 hit.  Works effectively against cv (need a few to help take a cv down, or a few ups if not shot down) But effective a long range.  At least double the range of the B25h' 75mm, since the 75mm round explodes after a distance, the ME410's 50mm doesn't, since it's AP.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 02:18:47 PM »
Speaking of which... has anyone else tested out the HE damage of the 50mm on the Me410 yet?
I have done so on buildings.  Don't recall precisely what it did.  I think about 55lbs of damage.  I'll check when I get home where I have the precise number recorded.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 02:23:24 PM »
50mm takes out a b17 in 1 hit.  Works effectively against cv (need a few to help take a cv down, or a few ups if not shot down) But effective a long range.  At least double the range of the B25h' 75mm, since the 75mm round explodes after a distance, the ME410's 50mm doesn't, since it's AP.
I have never seen a 75mm rd from the B25, or any vehicle that carries it, explode after a distance. Unless it hit something....... What would this distance be, approximately??

NOT

AKNOT

Offline Zodiac

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 06:33:17 PM »

The 75mm does not explode after a certain distance, it does however have quite a rate of drop.
Member DFC
Quote from: Skuzzy
No cookie for you.
Quote from: Wiley
If they want to run to their ack or friendlies that's fine.  It's up to me to catch them and not get killed in the process if I can.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 07:45:14 PM »
Also, the 50mm isn't firing AP rounds. Otherwise it would be the most effective tank-busting platform in the game, in all probability.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 08:57:33 PM »
I have done so on buildings.  Don't recall precisely what it did.  I think about 55lbs of damage.  I'll check when I get home where I have the precise number recorded.
My tests had it doing 54.68lbs of damage to buildings.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-