Author Topic: Audible "Host Connection Lost" sound  (Read 203 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Audible "Host Connection Lost" sound
« on: September 18, 2012, 07:10:04 PM »
<snip>

Which reminds me, I need to wish for a sound to be added that is (or can be configured) really loud and plays when you loose host connection.  This way I can sleep, leave my PC on, and hide my mossie in a quiet hangar.  If I DC, I wake up and reconnect.  :aok  :devil

<snip>

Seriously, that would be great! I don't like to sit in front of my screen on my 2h+ bombing runs, as a matter of fact I don't even have the time. I do all my household stuff on climbeout, but it's rather unnerving to run back to the PC every 5 minutes to check if there had been a disco.
I really would like to have an acoustic alert that would call me back from the kitchen to do the reconnect in time!

:pray

Would some voice dub of Dale doing his best Scooby-Doo "ruh-roh" or simple "He tripped, again?" be doable?  I think it would lead to people hangaring mid-sortie overnight more, but if they aren't alerted or around to hear it... well I'm saying it's not full-proof for those who may use it for evil means, but the benefit it would bring for those of us just doign a 5-10 minute chore in the other room would greatly outweigh any negative effects.

And above all, we wouldn't want to make Mrs. Snailman any more upset because we've been keeping her man-slave distracted from finishing his house chores.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:13:03 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Eric19

• Nickel Member
Re: Audible "Host Connection Lost" sound
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 07:48:54 PM »
+1
Proud member of the 91ST BG (H) The Ragged Irregulars

Offline Lusche