Author Topic: Houston officer kills double amputee in wheelchair  (Read 2645 times)

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Re: Houston officer kills double amputee in wheelchair
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2012, 11:49:01 AM »
It's amusing. Folks on here joking at the cop but in that very story are links to two different stories of cops killed on duty.

$#!t happens.

-------------------------------

Off topic: The fiancee and I went to see "End of Watch" last night. Was pretty good.
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2012, 11:50:50 AM »
I watched Pearl harbor which was historical as well :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2012, 12:02:22 PM »
I watched Pearl harbor which was historical as well :old:
Nvm - saw you were talking about the Brave Heart thing.
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2012, 12:38:49 PM »
I think these type of Anti police threads are non productive, who should police society the people?

The majority of people are daft like us :old:

I have had very little trouble from the police and when they speak to me I am polite and then I go on my way :old:

Oh by the way its not Democracy when you speak to the police they are in charge it is not a discussion between equals, if you don't like it you have a problem :old:

Well unfortunately, the fact that anyone with a High School diploma, or GED can get a badge and a gun.  So long as they haven't been convicted of a serious crime already.

I think a smaller, smarter, better police force would be much more favorable than the large ones we have now.  From what I can tell the way most police work is done by fishing with their radar gun and then investigating those who get pulled over and seem suspicious.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2012, 01:49:15 PM »
Well unfortunately, the fact that anyone with a High School diploma, or GED can get a badge and a gun.  So long as they haven't been convicted of a serious crime already.

I think a smaller, smarter, better police force would be much more favorable than the large ones we have now.  From what I can tell the way most police work is done by fishing with their radar gun and then investigating those who get pulled over and seem suspicious.

That is the statement of someone who has no clue about the job. You really should try it yourself if you think it's so easy.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2012, 02:19:13 PM »
That is a sad state of affairs when two trained officers cannot subdue a double amputee without having to shoot him dead. If hes missing an arm, to move he will have to use the only arm he has............If it were a gun id understand......but this is just sad and pathetic.

The really sad and pathetic thing is that there are people on here who are defending the cop's actions  :old: This place is amazing
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2012, 02:21:16 PM »
That is the statement of someone who has no clue about the job. You really should try it yourself if you think it's so easy.

I didn't say that doing the job was easy.  I said the job is too easy to get.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2012, 02:33:47 PM »
The really sad and pathetic thing is that there are people on here who are defending the cop's actions  :old: This place is amazing

How many had the guy attacked before?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2012, 02:38:10 PM »

I am appalled by some of the responses in here......but it gives me some insight to the minds of those.....or should I say the lack of a mind.

wish I could really speak my mind to them.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2012, 03:10:11 PM »
that's not far off there bud, i'd vote for it. worst case, it would cut down on the "not guilty by reason of insanity" pleas in court...

so would you also vote for summary execution for returning war veterans with mental disorders? or just wait for their PTSD to influence them to misbehave, and then support their execution by trigger-happy cop when it happens?

or would vets be exempt, but people who came by their mental illness in a less noble way be fair game?

How many had the guy attacked before?

Who knows? You have the same information I do ;)  I'm pretty sure that if he had a record of violent crime the police would have made sure to harp on it in their statement though.

"The owner of the group home, John Garcia, told the Houston Chronicle that the man had a history of mental illness and had been living at the house about 18 months. Garcia said the man had told him that he lost a leg above the knee and all of one arm when he was hit by a train."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 03:12:34 PM by coombz »

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2012, 04:50:31 PM »
One arm, one leg..armed with a.....pen. Gets shot to death.

:huh

~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2012, 04:51:32 PM »
The really sad and pathetic thing is that there are people on here who are defending the cop's actions  :old: This place is amazing

Its really sad and pathetic how anytime someones opinions differ than yours it's sad and pathetic. Guess its your way or no way huh? Hitler had the same mentality as did Stalin. Way to be open minded Coobz  :aok  If the pen had puntured an artery of the cop  what would your feeling THEN be? Im sorry but if you have intent to kill another you should be put down. Who to say that the guy(who obviously has no problem trying to commit bodily harm) wooldnt have killed in the future? How many stories must we see of killers getting out of prison only to kill again? Plus think of it as a govermental  budget cut as that is one less ward of the state to take care of.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 04:57:15 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2012, 04:56:26 PM »
I invoke Godwin's Law

good day sir :)

edit:

If the pen had puntured an artery of the cop  what would your feeling THEN be? Im sorry but if you have intent to kill another you should be put down. Who to say that the guy(who obviously has no problem trying to commit bodily harm) wooldnt have killed in the future?

if the pen had punctured an artery of the cop I would laugh at the cop for being so incompetent that he couldn't defend himself against a one armed man in a wheelchair armed with a pen  :rofl
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 05:03:48 PM by coombz »

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2012, 04:59:56 PM »
I invoke Godwin's Law

good day sir :)

:rofl   I didn't even know there was such a thing, that is hilarious, and not surprising that a Libtard(according to Zack) would know of it, ironic yes suprising no.

Guess no answer to my direct question, what if that pen had severed an artery?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 05:01:38 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline madhogg

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2012, 05:02:41 PM »
Its really sad and pathetic how anytime someones opinions differ than yours it's sad and pathetic. Guess its your way or no way huh? Hitler had the same mentality as did Stalin. Way to be open minded Coobz  :aok  If the pen had puntured an artery of the cop  what would your feeling THEN be? Im sorry but if you have intent to kill another you should be put down. Who to say that the guy(who obviously has no problem trying to commit bodily harm) wooldnt have killed in the future? How many stories must we see of killers getting out of prison only to kill again? Plus think of it as a govermental  budget cut as that is one less ward of the state to take care of.
:aok   :aok   :O   :salute