Author Topic: Curious, why did who choose a 38?  (Read 4113 times)

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
Re: Curious, why did who choose a 38?
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 12:13:53 PM »
I am picturing Tom sitting back and snickering.

shamus

Pretty accurate  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2012, 12:24:44 PM »
Pretty accurate  :rofl
See, what you did there...  :bhead

idk.    i hate midway from my hearth, still, i would rather meet his spit 1000 times instead of what i got today.
So heads up middypoo, hell is awaiting    haha
AoM
City of ice

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 12:32:30 PM »
Whatcha get today?
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline bongboy1

• Copper Member
      • Jokers Jokers
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 01:41:27 PM »
Jokers Jokers

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 02:23:24 PM »
Lots of P38 pilots fight their type of fight and I win.  These are the only two pilots I can not beat, ever -- in a 1v1.  They are doing something I do not understand yet.  Something other P38 pilots don't do near as well and it is not roping me... It's something about how they roll and turn.  :headscratch:

I'm sure there are a lot of 38 guys that you can't beat 1 v 1 if you didn't have an E advantage to start with.  How many 38 guys can you consistently beat when you're enaged at a disadvantage?

There's an irony in the fact that you can't beat Mercy, but you've probably talked smack to his or her other name.    :)

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2012, 02:40:09 PM »
I'm sure there are a lot of 38 guys that you can't beat 1 v 1 if you didn't have an E advantage to start with.  How many 38 guys can you consistently beat when you're enaged at a disadvantage?

There's an irony in the fact that you can't beat Mercy, but you've probably talked smack to his or her other name.    :)

I'm happy to win often, not necessarily consistently.   For example, I can beat Pawz, on occasion, although not consistently - yet.  I'd be happy to win once or twice against TwinBoom and Mercy... right now that appears to be impossible.

Generally P38 pilots have a big E advantage on me since they tend to be near cloud level while I'm generally around 9k in my Spitfire MK VIII.  I have to bring them down and get them co-E to beat them... which I do with substantial frequency, as Tom and others well know. :)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2012, 02:56:26 PM »
...for two tours...

...just to see if I can get any good at it...

...and eventually apply pwnage to the best P38 pilots in their own ride.  :D

Starting off with the P38J :aok

The bolded part is why Midway started to fly the P-38 but it hasn't worked out very well for him so far.  He's learning that it takes much more skill than he possesses to be able to fly the P-38.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2012, 03:07:08 PM »
The bolded part is why Midway started to fly the P-38 but it hasn't worked out very well for him so far.  He's learning that it takes much more skill than he possesses to be able to fly the P-38.

ack-ack

Fair enough.  Pwnage in my P38J is too high a goal for now.  My real goal is to beat any and all P38 pilots in my Spitfire MK VIII.  Doing the same in my P38 would be icing on the cake but not realistic --yet.  :)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2012, 03:13:13 PM »
It is funny to me, I could care less if who beats me in a fight. I have had the honor and pleasure of being squadie to some of the best sticks in the game, who is not one nor is he likely to become one. I guess I find it funny for a guy who holds a .4 kill to death to talk as if he were one of the greats.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2012, 03:19:23 PM »
Fair enough.  Pwnage in my P38J is too high a goal for now.  My real goal is to beat any and all P38 pilots in my Spitfire MK VIII.  Doing the same in my P38 would be icing on the cake but not realistic --yet.  :)

What would you do if the 38 guys each hopped in a Spit 8 and really played with your Spit 8? :)

Your choice of plane allows you to 'beat' people;  it's not your skill level yet.

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2012, 03:23:32 PM »
It is funny to me, I could care less if who beats me in a fight. I have had the honor and pleasure of being squadie to some of the best sticks in the game, who is not one nor is he likely to become one. I guess I find it funny for a guy who holds a .4 kill to death to talk as if he were one of the greats.

Did you just bring score or stats into this??   :rolleyes: 

If you deduct all the times he gets vulched, ups with no SA into a red horde and all the times he gets picked typing on 200 I'm sure it would be more like 2 or 3 to one.    :lol
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2012, 03:30:10 PM »
I can't see where im going if i fly in the clouds  :noid
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2012, 03:43:37 PM »
Whatcha get today?
deep shizz, my friend, and nothing else.
AoM
City of ice

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2012, 03:44:51 PM »
Did you just bring score or stats into this??   :rolleyes: 

If you deduct all the times he gets vulched, ups with no SA into a red horde and all the times he gets picked typing on 200 I'm sure it would be more like 2 or 3 to one.    :lol

Someone who plays the game well DOESN'T up at a vulched field, spends less time "yappin" on the radio, and pretty much only enters a red horde from the top. Just saying.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2012, 03:45:10 PM »
What would you do if the 38 guys each hopped in a Spit 8 and really played with your Spit 8? :)

Your choice of plane allows you to 'beat' people;  it's not your skill level yet.

:x have an awesome time. :D