Author Topic: trying to identify map from jan 2010  (Read 750 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
trying to identify map from jan 2010
« on: September 25, 2012, 02:23:01 PM »
I'm trying to ID what map this was from jan 2010. Taken in the MA. Posting here so I can get screenshot to include in the main forum. But if you recognize it and/or have photographic memory, please chime in!

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: trying to identify map from jan 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 02:24:59 PM »
Looks like Tagma.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 02:28:18 PM »
I thought it might be equinox or ozkansas, but you've given me another to add to the list. Thanks!

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 02:42:22 PM »
ozkansas

you can check it by going to log in page then select "choose terrain" and go to offline practise to view it.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 02:52:47 PM »
xbrit: the problem was my AH installation was version 2.17 or an even earlier one. The install files don't come with the custom maps.

I managed to do as you suggest but with a map dated 10 months later than the screenshot. Here's the same area (see below). The problem is with all the terrain changes and developments at the time, there is a small chance that the wrong map could be crashing my film viewer. Maybe.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 05:56:31 AM »
The film viewer seems pretty touchy. I have a film from about that same time that I was using to make a documentary in the spirit of a recent tv program but when I try to remove vox from the video the throttle transitions disappear altogether and (separate issue) the airplane parts no longer fall off damaged planes. In making smaller and smaller selections to remove vox the film viewer becomes unstable and crashes often.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 11:27:40 AM »
I gave up on that project because none of the skins show up and it's impossible to force them without the skins index. I'll just have to record new footage to use it.