Author Topic: What if AH strategy had more an RTS feel?  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Raga

• Zinc Member
What if AH strategy had more an RTS feel?
« on: October 03, 2012, 03:20:12 AM »
People complain about the strategy system of aces high all the time not producing any fights and being very monotonous strategy. What if instead of just having bases we had some sort of mining field system by which taking such fields allows countries more tech choices to higher teir vehicle and planes?

This is just a brain storm at this point and something I very recently thought of so by no means is this idea very well thought. I would love this idea to be built upon however by those of you who do feel there is potential here. Maybe there are different types of minerals to chose to take by which would very in different tech paths for a country. Or perhaps instead of improved tech( by which I mean teiring the plan set already availae in the game.) there may be so e other type of benefit that  oils be obtained that I have t thought about yet. I hope this opens up a discussion because I do think there is some potential here in this brain storm of coming up with a more varied strategic system that would take more planning and have more of a strategic feel. I'm thinking like an RTS in which instead of units being controlled by one player, the players are the units and as the nation advances so do the units. And each time the map resets you have an early game a mid game and a late game sort of feel.

Let me know what you think

Best
Raga54
Invictus Maneo

Offline Raga

• Zinc Member
Re: What if AH strategy had more an RTS feel?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 03:31:02 AM »
Just to further expand one thought I had was an arena that resembles a sort of age of empires approach when reset starts in the early war and each county can advance to the mid and late war units by achieving some sort of victory points. Perhaps a combination of kills and base takes. Sure this can be exploited somewhat by people giving free kills but this should even out between trolls on all sides. Also if you get total country kills this should ramp up aggressive play quit a bit fixing the issue of non engagement behavior quit a bit.
Invictus Maneo

Offline bongboy1

• Copper Member
      • Jokers Jokers
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 04:00:17 AM »
Another morning bish hater  :devil
Jokers Jokers

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 04:03:58 AM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl No !
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 06:21:14 AM »
what you described is what is known as a "rolling plane set"...sorry you gave up sleep on that one but, it no uniquee idee and it no workee in main arenas.

it has been done in the ava. check in with those guys if you really want to experience it...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 07:35:09 AM »
The MA is a sandbox setup. Events are where we use different ideas that differ from the everyday MA life.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 08:02:08 AM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl No !

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl I agree !

Game is alright as it is :old: Apart that we don't have the Gloucester Meteor :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Pongo1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 09:52:06 AM »
I like the idea of a more strategic game. Perhaps if there was more incentive to run missions at hit a certain target or achieve an objective? Perhaps there could be towns and other strategic targets that could be captured that aren't associated with a airfield? Maybe the could be a perk bonus for mission planners or a perk bonus for all the mission participates it they achieve X amount of damage on the mission?

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 10:30:04 AM »
 :uhoh

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 11:53:45 AM »
Apart that we don't have the Gloucester Meteor :old:

Gloster. Just saying.
Retired

Offline Raga

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 02:32:30 PM »
Sorry the game is not alright as it is, you can't find a fight we are not bringing in numbers as fast as we are losing numbers. At this rate there is no real future for this game. Just trying to come up with ideas here.
Invictus Maneo

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 02:42:43 PM »
Sorry the game is not alright as it is, you can't find a fight we are not bringing in numbers as fast as we are losing numbers. At this rate there is no real future for this game. Just trying to come up with ideas here.
just out of curiosity here but...eh...what is your source for the attrition rate?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 04:03:01 PM »

The game is alright as it is, but there are a few "loop holes" a bunch of players have found that when they exploit them ruins game play for many people. What your suggesting will have the players leaving in droves. Forcing players to fly early war rides until they "earn" mid and late war rides isn't going to make anyone happy.

The only real problem with the game is the tendency of players to look for the quickest and easiest way to accomplish what they want. In a fighter that means drive strait at the other guy guns blazing. With a CV it's drive it right to shore. To capture a base it is to crush it with a horde and make it completely useless to anyone. If these "loop holes" were closed players would look for other ways to do what they want. If you make it so the CVs run aground and sink 10 miles off shore they won't bring them in so close and battles would last longer with them. If you make it almost impossible to capture a base with 30+guys, but fairly easy with5 guys which way would the players try to capture bases?

The loop holes have to be closed up to take the "gameyness" out of the game play.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 04:30:50 PM »
Gloster. Just saying.
Damn English  effin up the lanuage again good job callin Zachiepoo out on that one.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 12:23:46 PM »
The game is alright as it is, but there are a few "loop holes" a bunch of players have found that when they exploit them ruins game play for many people. What your suggesting will have the players leaving in droves. Forcing players to fly early war rides until they "earn" mid and late war rides isn't going to make anyone happy.

The only real problem with the game is the tendency of players to look for the quickest and easiest way to accomplish what they want. In a fighter that means drive strait at the other guy guns blazing. With a CV it's drive it right to shore. To capture a base it is to crush it with a horde and make it completely useless to anyone. If these "loop holes" were closed players would look for other ways to do what they want. If you make it so the CVs run aground and sink 10 miles off shore they won't bring them in so close and battles would last longer with them. If you make it almost impossible to capture a base with 30+guys, but fairly easy with5 guys which way would the players try to capture bases?

The loop holes have to be closed up to take the "gameyness" out of the game play.

It is a GAME. Get over it.

If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.