Author Topic: Cool leopard kill  (Read 579 times)

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
Cool leopard kill
« on: October 05, 2012, 10:17:08 AM »
Makes me want to go back to South Efrica. Leopards are the strongest cats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ax3-F5bu5hQ

Offline Nypsy

• Silver Member
Re: Cool leopard kill
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 10:34:38 AM »
Wow!!

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 12:12:04 PM »
Very nice.

Just imagine how much deadlier that cat would be if it could shoot a bow or gun.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 04:44:33 PM »
 :O
Scary. >.>
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 04:48:17 PM »
O HAI THERE!
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 04:51:42 PM »
Wow that was awesome!  :aok

-the camera in the background sounded like an Mg42 going off lmao  :rofl  :rofl
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 04:18:09 AM »
Looks staged.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline helbent

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 06:46:29 AM »
Awesome.  :aok
Creator and original CO of the now HiJacked Squad -=Hell Hounds=-
Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Avator by fugi.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 09:28:02 AM »
Looks staged.

"OK people listen up! Leo, you stay put and hunker down... That's right, excellent. Herd, move a little to the left... more... more... STOP! Perfect. OK everybody... ACTION!"

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 12:56:22 PM »
"OK people listen up! Leo, you stay put and hunker down... That's right, excellent. Herd, move a little to the left... more... more... STOP! Perfect. OK everybody... ACTION!"

:rofl

very cool vid :aok

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 01:58:08 PM »

Naw. But having hunted Africa three different times I can tell you the odds of even seeing a leopard during the day are about zero. Thats why we hunt them at night over bait. The odds of seeing one laying down and a herd of Impala running towards it during daylight is even closer to zero.

Maybe "staged" wasnt exactly right. What looks like happened is one car load happened to see a cat and they radioed another rover or two to herd some Impala towards it. Impala only run like that when getting chased. I'd ask the three I have on the wall but they dont talk much since I brought them home.

Slick piece of footage regardless. I'd like to see it in slow-mo.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 06:22:16 PM »
Sometimes amazing things can happen when you're just there on safari...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 06:35:35 PM »
Btw. that's a nice shot of you (photo I mean).

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 07:24:30 PM »
Btw. that's a nice shot of you (photo I mean).

Thanks. I had no intention of taking a 3rd Impala on my last trip but my PH was glassing and he said "Rich there's a record book Impala about 350 yrds away on the edge of the bush up ahead". I dialed up the .338's scope all the way and sure enough there was a book Ram with a rack like a Mule Deer. So I had one chance at him and took him thru the butt and out the chest with a 225 grn A-frame. Just to good an animal to pass up. I forget what he scored but he was definitely SCI. The Impala is probably the most fun animal Ive ever foot stalked and Ive spent days doing so. So I learned something about them. To get a herd running like that you almost have to be in a vehicle. I guess theres a slight possibility a cheetah got them moving like that but if there ever was a creature who only likes the night its the Leopard.

Even if a cheetah was there he'd single one out and the herd would settle down. But with all the cam's clicking like that the one vehicle was ready for it and thats why I think they got another vehicle to drive the herd. This wasn't spontaneous. But still an extraordinary event for the photogs clicking even just to see Mr. Spots near a road during the day.

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 09:49:25 AM »
If you watch the original video it changes to slow motion. I agree it might have been arranged or helped if it was in one of the big private game parks, however not in one of the national parks. Like this place...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabi_Sand_Private_Game_Reserve

Rich about the only place you can see big cats during the day is in the parks where they are not hunted. There are some other videos on the net as well. You just never know what you may see in some place like the Kruger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTT2i6KjiOM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyHSjpI28yw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1hyg4MCGsY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHlYMga4UM8
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 10:02:15 AM by rogwar »