Author Topic: I Predict the Next Plane HTC Brings Forth Will Be...  (Read 11355 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: I Predict the Next Plane HTC Brings Forth Will Be...
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2012, 12:23:17 PM »
Incorrect. The Ki-100 was built off Ki-61 fuselages. During the production they cut down the back of the fuselage. It didn't start that way. Not many of those were done.

Plus, it's a 1942 design with a 1941 engine if I recall, and the only reason folks want it is because of an absolutely fabricated history and mythos that internet lies and bad historians have propogated. It would be less effective than our current Ki-61. If we got new variants of our Ki-61, including the earlier lighter versions, it (the Ki-100) would be worse in all aspects.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:25:17 PM by Krusty »

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2012, 01:41:19 PM »
Incorrect. The Ki-100 was built off Ki-61 fuselages. During the production they cut down the back of the fuselage. It didn't start that way. Not many of those were done.

Plus, it's a 1942 design with a 1941 engine if I recall, and the only reason folks want it is because of an absolutely fabricated history and mythos that internet lies and bad historians have propogated. It would be less effective than our current Ki-61. If we got new variants of our Ki-61, including the earlier lighter versions, it (the Ki-100) would be worse in all aspects.

I'd forgotten about the cut-down rear fuselage (thanks Karnak), but that would be the one I'd prefer for the improved rear visibility.   I agree the performance would not be on par with late-war designs (despite the hype) but I expect it could probably out climb the Ki.61 since its lighter and has a few hundred more horsepower.   (Sorry I can't fact check that asumption apart from wiki atm).   I also hope for flexible armament arrangements on the Ki.61 -- the ability to choose either wing or nose-mounted 20mm, or 4x12.7mm machine guns.   

It's just such an attractive way to give the JAAF another fighter at a bargain cost, in terms of HTC's workload.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2012, 04:51:10 PM »
The most fun about anything new or art refurbished in this game is the first week where everyone trys it out. That first week with the Storch was a gass. Some of the lesser performance highly requested rides would make memorable first week adventures. I bet the Oscar will replace the Brewster as the "Most Irritating Ride in Aces High".

And the arena will be wall to wall Yak3 for the first week becasue of all the hype about it being a love child gone twisted between the spit16 and an La7. The fun will be most players will have a longer learning curve than expected, challenged by the gunnery model, then entertain the real predators stalling it into the buses low and slow thinking it's spit16 mother's side of the family will translate directly into bush trimming. The forum discussions may be choice and memorable.

I hope everyone gets what they want. The fun is watching the HTC christmass morning show with the new toys and everyones antics during that short but glowing love affair with anything new in the game. It's a week of almost everyone remembering why they like to play Aces High.

I wish HTC would post up a few previews of coming attractions. Thats as good in here as watching a bunch of guys in a sports bar seeing a Fredericks of Hollywood commercial. Those commercials sell at least one round of beer on their own. W@U@T
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2012, 06:20:10 PM »
Ki 44!
Retired

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2012, 06:42:07 PM »

I vote any plane that helps the best part of AH..............

scenarios, FSO's and other events.

The day Hitec picks planes because of the MA, that will be the day AH dies.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2012, 06:51:45 PM »
Mavis!
Retired

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2012, 08:30:40 PM »
nah bring in thje mustang wwsith 4x20mm
we usedto have for i thinkgropu8nd atack
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2012, 08:39:41 PM »

[/thread]
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2012, 11:30:28 PM »

I vote any plane that helps the best part of AH..............

scenarios, FSO's and other events.

The day Hitec picks planes because of the MA, that will be the day AH dies.
Another vote for the HE 111
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2012, 08:16:47 AM »
I've been having quite a bit of fun in the P-40C this tour.  It isnt nearly half as bad as I think the reputation that it has been given.

That can be said of most aircraft.  The thing is though it has a much smaller bag of tricks to use then most other aircraft especially once out of the EW arena.  Snap shots are hard because of the lack of "insta-damage" (no cannon or massed .50 cal fire).  It isn't going to keep up with anything in the vertical, all a Spitfire or 109 has to do is start spiraling upwards.  It doesn't really have the gun package to hammer ground targets, thankfully the C version can carry a 500 lb bomb.  It can roll well *enough*, dive well *enough*, and does have a good turn radius albeit being rather slow in that tight turn.  Anything the P40C can out turn can probably keep up with it in a larger diameter turn but still move fast enough to not fall behind.

I like the P40C, there is something certainly fulfilling to land a few legit kills in it.         
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2012, 10:28:06 AM »
I'd love to see the He-111 and I'd like to see the mirrors attached to the Hurris and Spits as well  :aok
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2012, 11:43:49 AM »
wish HTC would post up a few previews of coming attractions.

:pray
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2012, 12:20:00 PM »

Karnak is correct. Ki-100s were built from Ki-61-II fuselages. The small number of complete Ki-61-IIs built featured both type of fuselages, the cut down ones and the high back ones being the vast majority. Ki-100 line featured both types aswell.

-------------
I hope the next totally new plane will be Ki-43.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 12:35:18 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2012, 12:26:18 PM »
Didn't realize the Oscar shot down more allied A/C than any other Japanese aircraft.

"in spite of its drawbacks, the Ki-43 shot down more Allied aircraft than any other Japanese fighter and almost all the JAAF'S aces achieved most of their kills in it." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakajima_Ki-43

Vote Oscar!   :aok

Edit:  I see that statement isn't cited, so maybe it's a lie.   :uhoh

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 12:30:10 PM by Triton28 »
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2012, 12:38:20 PM »
Just for my own personal interests, I'd love to see the G.55, the G3M Nell, and the Bf109E-7.

Outside of that, most useful for AH would be an He111 (also can sub for other nations' early bombers), Ki-21 Sally, Ki43 (say what you will, it was the primary IJA fighter for years of the war and we are missing ANY equivelant substitute), and yes we could always use soviet planes like the Pe-2 or Italian planes like the SM79 or C200, but generally speaking early war bombers with minimal defenses and slow speeds are vital to every FSO or scenario we could run. The way bombers run at top speed in this game makes them very hard to catch with early era fighters, which wasn't the case historically. To this end we need a much much more fleshed out early war bomber set across all nations.

BOB is rather a joke with our Ju88A4s. Hurricanes can't catch them unless all conditions are perfect. Making a few degree variation in course means you cannot catch them. This wasn't the case in the BOB. Prolonged attacks with multiple passes were the norm. That is why the He111 is needed. The BOB is one of the most beloved scenarios in the game. It is a universal attraction that can't be run very often because we just don't have the planeset for it.

Anything in the Pacific absolutely needs the Ki-43. It was so nimble if it ever latched onto you, you were in trouble. This is tempered by a lower top speed and a smaller gun loadout. This was the primary plane fighting any allied forces for years in the PTO. The A6M2 zero was relatively scarce outside of carrier battles. It was the Ki-43 fighting everything and might I add holding its own.

Ki-21 Sally is just an early war bomber to help flesh out the early war bomber planeset. You could substitute the Bristol Blenheim, or the SM79 or a number of early war bombers with comparable light bombloads. These could be used as substitutes for each other in a number of setups. The Ki-21 allows us to run a number of early PTO setups (along with the Ki-43) but could also substitute for a He111 in the battle of britain, or an IL-4 on the soviet front, or a number of bombers on any front you can imagine.

Those are the 3 most needed and the reasons why. Or count it the 2 most needed and the other category.