Author Topic: I Predict the Next Plane HTC Brings Forth Will Be...  (Read 11330 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: I Predict the Next Plane HTC Brings Forth Will Be...
« Reply #180 on: October 25, 2012, 02:44:53 PM »
Maybe we need three votes?

FIGHTER

BOMBER

Aces High 1.0 Update

But honestly, if HTC wanted to soley focus on updating all existing out of date aircraft and vehicles, I'd be ok with that too...only if they did it a lot quicker than they're doing it right now.... :D

I like this idea.  Seriously.  As of now though, no need to vote on a bomber.   ;)
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #181 on: October 25, 2012, 03:07:43 PM »
New Planes of New Country's!  :old: :old:

Dewoitine D.520 and the CAC Boomerang

adds to the base 100 million possibilities  :aok
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: October 25, 2012, 04:20:11 PM »
This pic from Spatula's stats program may be a clue that the Ki-61 will be getting updated soon:

The info is taken from the AH stats page.  The image shows the combined stats of all the tours that I have seen action involving the Ki-61.  Tour 151 was the first time that the 61 was listed as "Ki-61-I-Tei". 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 04:30:48 PM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #183 on: October 25, 2012, 04:20:47 PM »
Also a good candidate(s) on the list of current varients to expand imho:

-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #184 on: October 25, 2012, 05:08:24 PM »
This pic from Spatula's stats program may be a clue that the Ki-61 will be getting updated soon:

(Image removed from quote.)

The info is taken from the AH stats page.  The image shows the combined stats of all the tours that I have seen action involving the Ki-61.  Tour 151 was the first time that the 61 was listed as "Ki-61-I-Tei". 

See, new version(s) of 61 and a 100 while they are at it. Several new variants, a remodelled old AH aircraft and something new at the same time.  :banana:

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #185 on: October 25, 2012, 05:16:12 PM »
WE all know its the PBY, Towed normandy Gliders, or large LSD's landing craft that would hold 6 tanks. 999000

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #186 on: October 25, 2012, 06:16:02 PM »
P80 and Meteor ....in a big lead up to the Mig15 and F86  :O
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Eric19

• Nickel Member
« Reply #187 on: October 25, 2012, 08:23:32 PM »
P80 and Meteor ....in a big lead up to the Mig15 and F86  :O

oh I wish lol
Proud member of the 91ST BG (H) The Ragged Irregulars

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #188 on: October 25, 2012, 08:57:58 PM »
Would be cool to see the CV version of the Brewster too, that would be an easy add.
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: October 26, 2012, 08:24:42 AM »
Would be cool to see the CV version of the Brewster too, that would be an easy add.

I too would *really* like to see an EW version of the Brewster Buffalo.  This hot rod version we have now in AH is no where near an accurate representation of what the USN, RAAF, Dutch, or RAF/FAA had in the PTO in the early stages of the war.  It may be accurate to the version the Finns had, but certainly not anywhere else.  

Seriously though, I wonder how long it would take HTC to swap out airframe weight(s), engine HP, gun options, etc, etc.  It isn't like going from the 109E-4 to the 109K-4.  No disrespect intended, just curious.   
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 08:27:15 AM by SmokinLoon »
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #190 on: October 26, 2012, 08:30:41 AM »
I too would *really* like to see an EW version of the Brewster Buffalo.  This hot rod version we have now in AH is no where near an accurate representation of what the USN, RAAF, Dutch, or RAF/FAA had in the PTO in the early stages of the war.  

B239/F2A-1 is basically the earliest Brewster there was. There's absolutely nothing mid/late war about it. Finns had already scored ~80 kills before attack on Pearl Harbor. I've already told you this once. Also it's not "hod rodded" in anyway unless you count the removal of the arrestor hook/other naval gear and the 60hp more power than in the F2A-1 "hod rodding".
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 08:33:54 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #191 on: October 26, 2012, 11:55:21 AM »
Would also be nice if they separated the F4F-3/4 in to separate airframes instead of having that hybrid THING we use now. :)

I am curious if they did the same thing with the I-16... :headscratch:  Was it the same exact setup in the I-16 between each of those gun packages?  Or was there a variation in the frame (IE: Engine, range, armor, etc.)?
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #192 on: October 26, 2012, 01:26:24 PM »
Would also be nice if they separated the F4F-3/4 in to separate airframes instead of having that hybrid THING we use now. :)

It's not really a F4F-3/4 hybrid but a F4F-4/FM-1 hybrid, if you want to think it that way.

I am curious if they did the same thing with the I-16... :headscratch:  Was it the same exact setup in the I-16 between each of those gun packages?  Or was there a variation in the frame (IE: Engine, range, armor, etc.)?

I-16 is a "Type 24/28/29 hybrid". They all had the same M-63 engine so it does make sense in that way.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: October 26, 2012, 03:40:31 PM »
B239/F2A-1 is basically the earliest Brewster there was. There's absolutely nothing mid/late war about it. Finns had already scored ~80 kills before attack on Pearl Harbor. I've already told you this once. Also it's not "hod rodded" in anyway unless you count the removal of the arrestor hook/other naval gear and the 60hp more power than in the F2A-1 "hod rodding".

I wonder why the Navy dumped the Buffalo and went with the F4F?  In AH, which is the superior plane? 

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: October 26, 2012, 03:40:40 PM »
It's not really a F4F-3/4 hybrid but a F4F-4/FM-1 hybrid, if you want to think it that way.

My point is, there is a bit of a difference between the two to warrant them being separated I think. :)

I-16 is a "Type 24/28/29 hybrid". They all had the same M-63 engine so it does make sense in that way.

That was something I wasn't actually sure of, which is why I was asking. :)  Since you clarified that for me, then I agree that having it the way it is now, is valid. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.